TV connected to computer monitor

Was wondering if I could get some advice, I have a Digital HDTV tuner receiver model PHD-8VX. I am running coaxial cable into it and outputting HDMI into a monitor that only accepts HDMI.

Even with the amplifier the static on the tv in the room I want it in is unbearable. I originally had this in my other room, it was still noticeable, but was much less worse.

Any ideas why a change of rooms made this get much worse?

Maybe you flexed the cable to much around a edge or something similar so the internal copper doesnt touch the connector or the Internal shield (Metal layer) got damaged.
    Did you use the amplifier before 2? Maybe the amplifier isn't strong enough for the extra room (idk how long the cable is but if your using a amplifier you alrdy above 5m)
    Did you unplug the Coaxial cable alot? sometimes the woman side from the cable gets to loose (those 2 clips get loose) so they dont touch the other part.
    Is there a signal that could be in the way(80+ PSU sometimes can interrupt) or some magnets (looking at stereo's)

EDIT: Was it a expensive cable? MOst very cheap cables got the problem that they dont isolate enough against signals
    Last edited by Aminozuur; 2011-08-28 at 07:28 PM.
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Aminozuur View Post
    Maybe you flexed the cable to much around a edge or something similar so the internal copper doesnt touch the connector or the Internal shield (Metal layer) got damaged.
    Did you use the amplifier before 2? Maybe the amplifier isn't strong enough for the extra room (idk how long the cable is but if your using a amplifier you alrdy above 5m)
    Did you unplug the Coaxial cable alot? sometimes the woman side from the cable gets to loose (those 2 clips get loose) so they dont touch the other part.
    Is there a signal that could be in the way(80+ PSU sometimes can interrupt) or some magnets (looking at stereo's)

EDIT: Was it a expensive cable? MOst very cheap cables got the problem that they dont isolate enough against signals
    The cable is pretty old that could be the problem. Gonna try some other cables in the house.
    Just clarify I'm staying within one room. Not hooking up multiple monitors. Just one cable to box, then hdmi to monitor. The amplifier is 12v, the only thing best buy had. Shouldn't need stronger than that should I?

Can wireless routers interfere?
    Last edited by imperialcruzer; 2011-08-28 at 07:58 PM.

You could just be rather far from the signal source, and as such a change in the room, could mean more walls or interference against an already weak signal.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    You could just be rather far from the signal source, and as such a change in the room, could mean more walls or interference against an already weak signal.
    Any suggestion on how to improve it :/

---------- Post added 2011-08-28 at 10:14 PM ----------

I found a total of 4 cables in my houses, rotated them in everywhere possible I can think of, same bad static signal.

Cartoon network 36 is bad but channel 3 fox is making it look good with extreme static.

At a loss as to what to do :/