Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Very Curious about these two trinkets.

Hi everyone,

I've been trying the dps using each of the following trinkets and the dps seems to be very random. Sometimes its more and sometimes its less. Asking what is recommended

First trinket

"Witching Hourglass" 285+ Intellect Equip: Your spells have a chance to grant 1710 haste rating for 15 sec.

Second trinket

"Soul Casket" 193 + mastery, +128 haste(reforged) Use: Increases your spell power by 1926 for 20 sec. (2 min CD)

I'm an affliction Warlock.

This is easy. You will love it.

Go to AskmrRobot.com

Click gear optimizer.
    Click Pick a character*
    Load your character in. Make sure to click the right spec when your loading your character.

You will have 2 tabs to click. Best in Slot and My Gear. Click My Gear. This will show you what you currently have on.
    Click the " ... " next to the trinket you currently have on. it will tell you if the one trinket is better then the other one in the long run using your current gear setup.
    *Note: After clicking " ... " Make sure to select "Relative Ranking button is selected if it gives you an option under the list of gear." This will judge the tinkets based on your current gear setup. Overall ranking tells you if the trinket is better if you had the best in slot items.
    Last edited by Vorna; 2011-08-28 at 08:55 PM.

so it seems like Soul casket is the one.

Edit: Thank you <33

Mr robot suggests that Moonwell Chalice is Demo's 14th best trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mr.Robot can be pretty unreliable. I think soul casket wins either way simply because you could coordinate the on-use with Demon Soul.

S question, why does the robot recommends me mastery as affliction?

---------- Post added 2011-08-28 at 09:08 PM ----------

yeah I love the combination of both of them.

"Additional question" : Why is 50+ intellect on bracers better than 65+ haste?

Plase keep in mind that the trinket you have selected is a Use item. Mr Robot assumes you are using it properly. if the other trinket is very very close on dps and its a proc, you might want to use that one instead if your lazy or not sure if you using the soul casket properly.

For example: *Mages* would it properly when doing thier burst phases.

vorna I'm using it correctly and it increases my dps slightly

Sometimes the optimizers have a base stat guideline. So if mastery is important to your class, it may decide that having another point or 2 of mastery outweight some of your crit or haste. If your mastery is static, I would trust it. If your mastery is a random proc or % chance, then its up to you wether to dump more into it or not. Crit is a good example of this. Robot may say, "hey, 3% more crit would actually be better than your haste... But I am just assuming that your critting on a normal basis even though its still random chance you may crit." It assumes it over a long period of time. Not a burst fight over 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstacle View Post
    "Additional question" : Why is 50+ intellect on bracers better than 65+ haste?
    Intellect is generally ~2 times better than haste.

---------- Post added 2011-08-28 at 04:14 PM ----------

Really though, Mr. Robot is unreliable and you shouldn't make gear choices based on it

Quote Originally Posted by Obstacle View Post
    vorna I'm using it correctly and it increases my dps slightly
    The soul casket is best used when your haste dependent. So the idea is to pop it and haste your ass off. The less haste, the less you get from the trinket.

---------- Post added 2011-08-28 at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Intellect is generally ~2 times better than haste.

---------- Post added 2011-08-28 at 04:14 PM ----------

Really though, Mr. Robot is unreliable and you shouldn't make gear choices based on it

Because INT increases your damage + mana + regen, Its static meaning its ALWAYS going to be there. Nothing random about it per say.
    Haste is speed which makes your attack faster as you know.

But assuming over a 10 min fight, you may attack 0.2% faster, but the damage you could of racked up over 10 mins from that 50 int outweighs the haste buff.
    Dont forget, INT is damage , so when you crit, thatsX2 that 50 int. So even your crits are better. INT is always the best stat.

does the robot know my spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorna View Post
    Because INT increases your damage + mana + regen, Its static meaning its ALWAYS going to be there. Nothing random about it per say.
    Haste is speed which makes your attack faster as you know.

But assuming over a 10 min fight, you may attack 0.2% faster, but the damage you could of racked up over 10 mins from that 50 int outweighs the haste buff.
    Dont forget, INT is damage , so when you crit, thatsX2 that 50 int. So even your crits are better. INT is always the best stat.
    ... thanks for agreeing with me?

Yes Mr. Robot compiles from the most recent armory data, he knows your spec, your gems, and the size of your last bowel movement!

Mr. Robot is useful if you plug in accurate stat weights(simcraft is nice for this) to optimize your reforges/enchants properly. However, Mr. Robot is not very useful for determining trinkets, due to its inability to properly calculate how powerful a trinket will be in conjunction with other stuff. Thats because it normalizes the value of the on-use/procs over the cooldown, when thats not optimal. For example, moonwell chalice is ranked very low because mr. robot treats it as a static +mastery buff, when in reality its much more powerful due to the nature of meta.

Mr.Robot has a BIS list wich is not acurate, especially for demo.

use simcraft...this is the best tool
    mr robot is quite unreliable und sometimes extremly wrong with speccs

Just thought the folks in this thread would be interested in knowing that I updated our Demonology stat weights.

As far as the trinket rankings are concerned, we rank items in two ways: absolute and relative. Absolute assumes that you can make use of all the stats - for warlocks this mainly affects hit rating. Looking at items in a vacuum (absolute), a trinket such as Moonwell Chalice, which has static intellect and a mastery use is not going to rank above a trinket with an intellect proc/use that can also obtain a chunk of hit.

If you load your character, you will see an option in the trinket list to rank them as "relative". This list takes each trinket, equips it on your character with your current gear, optimizes that gear, and then gives a score. It then compares the scores. You will see a much different list in this situation.

You are correct that we do not have any scaling factor for on-use trinkets that can time up their use with metamorphasis. There is a chance that this would bump up a trinket such as moonwell chalice in the list. It is difficult to actually quantify this effect in any generic manner, though - the effect will scale with the gear of the player. In that case, players will probably need to run some simulations of their own. If you click the "export" button, you will see an option to create a SimC config file based on the current optimized gear setup. That should make it easy for folks to test different sets of gear.

Grap: you say that "mr robot is quite unreliable und sometimes extremly wrong with speccs" - Can you give me an example of this? We are constantly updating the site and keeping up with the game. If anyone can show us a deficiency on the site, we will fix it promptly.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.

MrRobot is very aware of your hitcap and haste breakpoints.

If you can't reach the next haste point, or you're around your hitcap it will tell you to throw away any additional hit or haste to bring you back down to your caps, then forge that haste/hit into whatever else is most useful to you after that. It will even go so far as to forge one stat off one item, only to add it back in from another item, (such as -100 hit > +100 Mastery, then -60 mastery > +60 hit) simply to get you right.at.the.caps.

Which appears to be Mastery for you.

As far as why 50Int > 65Haste, see above. An additional 65 haste probably doesn't put you over a breakpoint, so the 50 Int, and the accompanying SP increase, is worth more.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing you should ever use mr robot for is for reforging and enchanting, only if you have inserted the correct statweights you've obtained by simcrafting your character.