Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Majordomo or Beth'tilac?

So we recently downed Alysrazor heroic getting us to 3/7 right now - we're deciding where to go next.
    I see a lot of guilds moving on to Majordomo straight away but I'm not so sure that's the best option, is it? What boss do you suggest we work on next?

edit: we're a 10 man group, sorry for the confusion
    Last edited by mmoc0d22b7d23b; 2011-08-29 at 09:54 AM.

Your group comp is going to play a large part in this choice as well as the raid size 10/25. Beth is what I would do but we are in differnet raids and most likely play different specs/classes. Either way best of luck.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming you've killed Shannox, Rhyolith and Alysrazor then, in which case, you should go for the following:

10 man: Majordomo --> Baleroc --> Beth'tilac --> Ragnaros
    25 man: Beth'tilac --> Majordomo --> Baleroc --> Ragnaros

Good luck.

Deleted
    If it's 10man its going to be decided on what classes you have available to you. If you've got a team with plenty of AoE and raid cooldowns then go for Beth'tilac.
    My guild found the DPS requirement for Majordomo to be a complete joke compared to Beth'tilac, killing him in 2 attempts.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies so far, I didn't think Majordomo would have such low dps requirements really. ><

Youtube this: Majordomo Staghelm Heroic 10-man - Killed by Unhuman, group IKU

This is the 0 Scythe strategy, rather easy.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Majordomo is an absolute joke with the no-scythe tactic. Easiest of all HCs by far.

After we started using it we killed it in 3 tries on 10man.

Deleted
    Ah thank you for that strategy we'll be sure to give that a good look. ^^

0 scythe strategy and we did on our 9th attempt ever on that boss. (Heroic ofc)

Deleted
    We also did it very quick with the 0 scythe tactic. I'd definitly say Majordomo.

Majordomo is super easy on 10 man hc ... first kill took us like 5-6 tries ... bethilac however we have our issues with.

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Without a single doubt in my mind Major Domo.

We were working on H Aly and for shits and giggles poked at H Domo and killed it in an hour and a half with no previous experience. It's right there on par with Shannox on easiest H bosses. (On 10 man for course.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    I'm assuming you've killed Shannox, Rhyolith and Alysrazor then, in which case, you should go for the following:

10 man: Majordomo --> Baleroc --> Beth'tilac --> Ragnaros
    25 man: Beth'tilac --> Majordomo --> Baleroc --> Ragnaros

Good luck.
    QFT major with the no flame scythe tactic is quite easy it seems (at least from the few tries we had yesterday)

ya domo for sure. we did the 3 healer strat(4 swipes, 7 leaps) killed it on the 5th attempt.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing harder than beth hc is rag hc on 10 man. So yeh... do that last

Some guy in our guild told us that you have to kill baleroc hc before you can kill Domo hc, true or false?
    Because if you don't domo is going to be our next after ryolith.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    Some guy in our guild told us that you have to kill baleroc hc before you can kill Domo hc, true or false?
    Because if you don't domo is going to be our next after ryolith.
    false sir.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    We did majo with this tactic: 9 scythe, 7 leaps,3 scythe(seeds phase), 7 leaps,5 scythe,7 leaps(orbs phase), 5 scythe, 7 leaps, dead

Deleted
    I've been looking at those video's a bit but could someone just quickly line out what the 0 scythe tactic entails?

You spread out again (after clumping to end cat phase) say ~5 seconds before first Scythe. And that's about it.