When will they fix... sanc?

I actually kind of hope they leave it broken, because it's one of the few things left that make holy somewhat viable, but you know blizz. Healing rain is in the same bucket. If they fix these spells those 2 healers probably will get cut from most raid comps.

Anyone tested this on 4.2.2 PTR? I would expect a 'fix' to appear magically without a patch note.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-08-29 at 03:34 PM.

what is broken about sanctuary / healing rain?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post
    what is broken about sanctuary / healing rain?
    They are ignoring the "Healing effects diminish beyond 6 players" rule and are healing fort he full amount regardless of how many people are inside the area.

I personally am starting to think that this change is intended because they are usually on the ball with fixing things like this.

Deleted
    It doesn't heal for less when more than 6 people stand in it. So if your sanc heals for 800 every 2 seconds it means if you have 25 raiders standing in it 25x800 = 20000 healing every 2 seconds, which is quite op for mana cost.

Deleted
    No it isn't, it makes the classes viable in 25man raid healing.
    If this wouldn't be the case there is no way in hell a RL picks holy over an extra barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I personally am starting to think that this change is intended because they are usually on the ball with fixing things like this.
    Probably but if this were the case it's a pretty slap-chop class fix.

Sanc was meant to be used sparingly, but in this context it more than doubles the HPM of all of our main healing spells. Exceptions? Mending (still a good bit worse HPM than sanc) DH (barely better) and lightwell (which I haven't calculated but i suspect is pretty close effic wise). So, now we spam sanc whenever it'll be beneficial and try to arrange our timings so that final sanc comes off C/D ~20 sec before the end of AoEspam.

Our big spike raidheal costs way less? Should be less efficient, if holy was working as intended we'd hold onto sanc until the last possible moment and use it exactly once during any aoe phase to reach our maximum throughput for that 18 seconds. Or once as a precast for AoE and once at the end. I'd accept some sort of in-between solution that causes sanc to diminish but less than before. Of course, blizz would also have to rework holy mastery so it doesn't overheal 50% at the same time. This would be a responsible way to fix it .

But no, I suspect ceph is right, blizz knows that just putting it back in line with the tooltip would break the class as it is right now.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-08-29 at 05:54 PM.

waittttttt you mean to tell me ppl actually use sanc? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trickss View Post
    Some of the replies I get on this forum make me laugh

Deleted
    would they really dare nerf (fix) sanc before fixing DA bubble animation? I don't think so :P

yes... sanc has actually been useful since they broke it in comparison to the tooltip... especially with all the stack up and soak aoe damage phases that FL has...

the correct question to ask would have been "waitttt you mean to tell me ppl actually bring holy priests to raids? lol"...

j/k about the holy priest thing...

Deleted
    It's pretty OP in 25m tbh. In 10m however it's still quite horrible.

it was more of a soft joke. i can see it being good in 25mans but thats not what i run therefore i only use sanc on like 2-3 fights tops in cata which is why i could careless ha

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    When did they break it? I used it tonight on heroic Ragnaros, to illustrate something, and realised it was healing for a lot more than I was used to. It's actually quite nice in it's current state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    When did they break it? I used it tonight on heroic Ragnaros, to illustrate something, and realised it was healing for a lot more than I was used to. It's actually quite nice in it's current state.
    4.2 If I recall correctly. Though for some reason I think it might have been even before that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    4.2 If I recall correctly. Though for some reason I think it might have been even before that.
    They buffed Sanc in 4.2 by like 35% and then managed to break the spell coefficient (or something else which resulted in same healing done or something) and they broke the DR while buffing it, so it's been bugged for about two month now, afaik.

The patch notes for 4.2 said they were 'fixing' the spell power coefficient. Before 4.2, healing rain and sanc received either too small a bonus from SP because of its almost-instant cast time, or it didn't receive one at all. I'm not really sure which. Funny thing is that for me that it ended up with ticks from sanc being exactly the same size?? At the same time, people began noticing that sanc doesn't cap out its throughput anymore (or said in different words, it doesn't diminish anymore).

Sanc is generally a waste of mana in a 10 man, there's only a few circumstances where I'd use it. I don't do 25 mans but I assume it would be a lot better in those due to more raiders being stacked up and such. I hate how heals like that scale weirdly from 10-25 man but ah well we don't need it anyways.

This happens with efflorescence too?

Az!