2 shadow priest in the same raid

Hi

We must choose between 2 very good players in our raid 10. They're both SP.

What do you think of having 2 SP in the same R10 ? Is it really sub-optimal ?

I'm pretty sure it can be real good on a fight like Alysrazor with both SP in the air but what for the other fights ?

What's your thought ?

(sorry for my bad english)

Well i mean what other buffs are you rolling with? It's damn near impossible for us to determine without knowing possible replacements and other classes in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach-AzQc View Post
    Hi

We must choose between 2 very good players in our raid 10. They're both SP.

What do you think of having 2 SP in the same R10 ? Is it really sub-optimal ?

I'm pretty sure it can be real good on a fight like Alysrazor with both SP in the air but what for the other fights ?

What's your thought ?

(sorry for my bad english)
    There shouldn't be a problem with this. In fact, it could end up being a really good idea. Vampiric Embrace only heals the PARTY, so you can put a shadow priest in each group and the raid benefits from VE heals.

As long as they do solid damage it shouldn't matter if there's two of them. The only downside would be lack of interrupts, considering Shadow Silence isn't usually picked up in PvE and even if it is, has a lengthy cooldown.

One minimal problem could be Rhyolith, since his legs don't respond to Damage over Time effects, and shadow priests only have 2 spells that don't count as DoTs (Mind Blast/Mind Spike, i'm fairly sure Mind Flay counts as a DoT like Drain Life, but I could be wrong.) But even then, you can have shadow priests on the sparks/fragments and multi-dotting the legs for additional damage.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you are world top 100, bring the player, not the class. It is much more important to keep the living breathing human beings happy than to add 1% damage to your raid.

Deleted
    We are running with 2 shadowpriests on our 10 man, there is no real downside aside from missing 1 buff, It hardly makes a difference in my honest opinion, If they are good and solid dps there shouldnt really be any problems

Alysrazor would be dead by the first burn phase and imagine the soaking on Baleroc, /drools.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

We run with 2 shadow priests in our 10 man raid with one of them going offspec disc to heal 3 healer fights. It works out well because we needed the spell haste regardless. Alysrazor also dies fairly quickly, just sucks for me as a mage since I'm stuck on the ground interrupting with this comp.

As someone else said, it really depends on the rest of your composition. If they both pull good DPS, are consistent raiders, and you're missing no "important" buffs/debuffs by having both Spriests... then the only foreseeable problem will be "which Spriest gets DI?!" Hehe.

...but, seriously, they'll probably be at eachother's throats for it.
    /throttles his fellow Spriest raider
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

we also do 10man with two SP. Works pretty well, multidotting was pretty strong in T11, AE is pretty strong in T12.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrul View Post
    We run with 2 shadow priests in our 10 man raid with one of them going offspec disc to heal 3 healer fights. It works out well because we needed the spell haste regardless. Alysrazor also dies fairly quickly, just sucks for me as a mage since I'm stuck on the ground interrupting with this comp.
    We only have 1 spriest, but her PC cant run the game with high graphics settings, so she cant see the rings on Alys, so she stays on the ground, and specs into silence so she can interupt on that fight. Considering how strong fire mages are on Alys, that could be a viable option >.<

On Topic: 2 spriests likely works fine. They would be a good advantage on Alysrazor, Baleroc (for soaking with dispersion), and Lord Rhyolith (MIND SEAR!!). For the other fights, they are still a strong class, and assuming you aren't giving up a major buff to get both of them, there's no real downside (aside from gear competition).
    Last edited by Delia; 2011-08-29 at 08:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    in a 10man you shouldnt bring doubles of any class/spec if you dont have to. If those players are both amazing at it, then w/e but optimizing buffs for a 10man is pretty important. I wouldnt do it unless there was no other choice/
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

Deleted
    I wouldn't worry too much about it assuming you have all the major buffs covered, good reliable players don't grow on trees.

Wouldn't worry about it. Bring the player, not the class. As long as you don't miss any significant buffs you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gellania View Post
    Wouldn't worry about it. Bring the player, not the class. As long as you don't miss any significant buffs you're fine.
    Damn the trump card:].
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    It is very possible, the only downside being close to zero interrupting from their side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    It is very possible, the only downside being close to zero interrupting from their side.
    eh but we all know blizz they will give the class an interrupt if they moan and groan for it long enough. pallies got the interrupt they wanted, warriors got the "warriors hand of justice 4 sec stun" like the wanted.

If both spriests are good players and you enjoy their company, bring them. If not, don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have 2 spriests and they are sometimes in together. We generally use both of them on Alysrazor and I go Fire so we have myself + 1 spriest flying the whole time with the other spriest joining us part of the way through. We've gotten it to 20% after the first burn phase and dead before the 2nd, which is pretty fun.

There's nothing wrong with having 2 spriests, especially if they are good players. If you are working on heroics however, you could run into some problems with your comp depending on what else you have available as some of the heroic 10 mans are definitely much easier if you have certain classes or specs.

Thanks for all your input, greatly appreciated

I think we'll go with 2 SP depending on the fight/availability

Thanks again