My computer is dead and I need a new one. Help me build it.

---...pops out of nowhere...---
    Hi.
    My name is Entrust The Computer-less. You better not earn this achievement yourself as it's quite expensive.
    However the story behind me not having a computer is pretty funny, it would take a little longer to explain it.
    So let's just jump straight into it:
    "Entrust The Computer-less a 21 years old game, beat making and weed addict has found himself in middle of nowhere. Having not a single clue about the items or rather parts he needs to complete his quest. He is on a quest to create the Ultimate Weapon - a perfect computer for the time being. Many times he sought help from Google - a 21st century oracle, but unfortunately it remains silent. Desperate to get help, suffering great pain here he is on mmo-champion looking for your aid. All he needs is a computer that can endure heavy music programs usage and sustain countless hours of WoW&SC2. One Firewire port is also necessary to complete the quest.
    Just keep in mind he is still out there somewhere, lurking in the shadows of electronic shops. There are rumors floating around that he has connections with chinese farmers and his budget varies from 1000-1200$ without counting the monitor. Maybe he still doesn't know, but they say he needs a decent one 21inches+..."
    This is article from New York Times. They made my introduction a little easier.
    Join me and uncover the mystery of Entrust The Computer-less. Join me and your efforts will be appreciated and it won't be forgotten.
    Sayonara.
    ---...disappears in the shadows...---

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what the hell your talking about.. Weird post..

To you're question, get on the mmo-champion.com fronpage, scroll all the way down, go to page 2 and scroll a little down till you see "setup of the month"
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

yeah this is one funky post right there, I was afraid someone might miss few things so here it is short:
    I have a budget from 1000-1200$, but I have more money if something exceeds. Don't count monitor in it. I need monitor also, but I don;t know how much money I should put in it. I need a decent one 21+ inches.
    I play WoW, SC2 and planning to get Diablo 3 ASAP, I also make music and run some heavy programs.
    I'm switching back to Windows from Mac after having some bad experiences. Since I had all in one iMac I need to start completely from scratch.
    Last edited by entrust; 2011-08-29 at 09:54 PM.

For the monitor get a dell ultrasharp 21.5", should be able to find one for ~$200
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    That includes windows so you'll have everything you need aside from a monitor
    I second this build. Only thing I would change is going to an MSI board (brand preference) and a SpinPoint F3 (again, preference)

Otherwise perfecto!

Deleted
    Intel Core i5 2500k
    GTX 580 Fermi
    Hyper 212+
    P67 Motherboard
    Coolermaster HAF X RC 942
    Corsair enthusiast Series 650
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
    Acer V243HAJbd Black 24" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor

All from Newegg.com

I made that but I think Demons build is better ^^

Yeah I appreciate your help, but I still need this Firewire port. The reason for this is music. I make beats and it's about latency. I have high end sound card and I need Firewire to get most of it. I'll start looking for this myself, but I'm a newb when it comes to this :P
    Don't want to sound mean, I really thank you for this, especially because the help is so fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh? Does the firewire connect to an external hard drive or something?

You can get something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815166018 if you need firewire ports
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by entrust View Post
    Yeah I appreciate your help, but I still need this Firewire port. The reason for this is music. I make beats and it's about latency. I have high end sound card and I need Firewire to get most of it. I'll start looking for this myself, but I'm a newb when it comes to this :P
    Don't want to sound mean, I really thank you for this, especially because the help is so fast.
    The motherboard Demon suggested has controllers for Firewire so you could buy a card or something like this
    Also HAF X has a firewire port in the front panel.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Huh? Does the firewire connect to an external hard drive or something?

You can get something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815166018 if you need firewire ports
    I guess he needs the firewire port for the sound card.

Useless PS: and I was wondering some hours ago about the uses of firewire. I've never used a peripheral which needed one -.-

That seems like perfect solution as I didn't want anything Firewire->USB related. Seems sitting 2 years on Mac made me real dumb lol
    I think I'm gonna start ordering stuff and go get the monitor to see how things look for myself (good idea?).
    Btw. I've red some good stuff about P67 Motherboard, what's about it if you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by entrust View Post
    That seems like perfect solution as I didn't want anything Firewire->USB related. Seems sitting 2 years on Mac made me real dumb lol
    I think I'm gonna start ordering stuff and go get the monitor to see how things look for myself (good idea?).
    Btw. I've red some good stuff about P67 Motherboard, what's about it if you know?
    it's the second newest chipset (with the newest one being Z68, which has SSD caching and the ability to use the onboard graphics of i5 and i7 CPUs) which allows you to overclock the K versions of 2500 and 2600.
    (suggestion about the monitor: dell ultrasharp u2311h, IPS panel and pretty cheap)

The board Demon listed has Firewire on it. It's called IEEE 1394a. Unfortunately the board only has the headers though, and not the ports. The case he listed doesn't appear to have them on the front panel either.

Try something like:
    ASROCK Z68 Extreme4 Gen3, It has the port on the back, along with the header for the front of your case if you choose one with a Firewire port.
    Last edited by Dizey; 2011-08-29 at 11:31 PM.