Bought an upgrade PC!

Well bought this PC from Newegg, great deal and PC. Overall how would you rate it, this Friday when it comes I will see how good it runs Bad Company 2 and some other games.

Processor - 64 bit Six-Core Processor...AMD Phenom II X6 1035T 2.6GHz
    Memory - 8GB DDR3 1333
    Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB
    CPU - AMD Phenom II X6...64 bit Six-Core Processor
    HDD- 1TB
    Monitor - 24" 1920x1080
    Edit... Windows 7 64 bit...doh

Those were some of the specs. Just speak the thoughts of how great it'll run compared to something similar you played with or w/e.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistairr View Post
    Well bought this PC from Newegg, great deal and PC. Overall how would you rate it, this Friday when it comes I will see how good it runs Bad Company 2 and some other games.

Memory - 8GB DDR3 1333
    HDD- 1TB
    Monitor - 24" 1920x1080

Those were some of the specs. Just speak the thoughts of how great it'll run compared to something similar you played with or w/e.
    My computer will run better than this, and probably cost less. Just some food for thought. Can you tell us what you paid so we can truly rate it in terms of price/performance?

500 USD on newegg, on sale from 900 usd

15+ Year Old Account
    500 USD on newegg, on sale from 900 usd
    That's actually a steal. For what you paid, it will perform well. The GPU and CPU are both a little dated and a little weak - don't expect 60+ FPS on ultra settings, but it will perform pretty well.

The CPU is clocked kinda low, especially for gaming. It would be great for rendering/folding though. Also you have a slightly dated video card there, not necessarily for gaming.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a GPU, not a CPU. That GPU is leagues above what you got.

However, you will still be very bottlenecked by your CPU.

That psu and gpu upgrade would make it a great gaming pc.. for a good price too.
    I'd get this one though: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102948
    or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125357 if you really want dual fans
    Don't really like xfx :P

The cpu you have is fine.. it might slow you down some in cpu-intensive games but it won't be that bad... it's not the doomsday scenario some people on this forum make it out to be ^^
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    This ^^

The CPU requirements is overrated on this forums. Just because they got a SANDYBRIDGE, they think that every other CPU out there is BAD BAD BAD. Dont get me wrong, Sandbridge is THE BEST. But the 6 core phenom 2 is also good, you will be able to play every singleplayer game out there on very high graphics with that CPU. Maybe the exeption being RTS games with a huge unit count.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Memory - 8GB DDR3 1333
    HDD- 1TB
    Monitor - 24" 1920x1080

Not a big fan of AMD, but a quite decent CPU for the low budget.

Later on, you may have to upgrade your GPU to a GTX 560/580 or ATI 6850, or above. I got a XFX 6850 HD Black Edition, and it can cope with most the I throw at it, on ultra settings... Both FPS and MMORPG, and things like Starcraft 2.

Fine RAM. I TB harddrive will do you well, unless you use it for storage for films and such.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    This ^^

The CPU requirements is overrated on this forums. Just because they got a SANDYBRIDGE, they think that every other CPU out there is BAD BAD BAD. Dont get me wrong, Sandbridge is THE BEST. But the 6 core phenom 2 is also good, you will be able to play every singleplayer game out there on very high graphics with that CPU. Maybe the exeption being RTS games with a huge unit count.
    I believe I said he got a steal.
    Also, if you think I'm a fanboy, please go read the guide I just posted. I give AMD some great praise in the budget/price--> performance low end market.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    I believe I said he got a steal.
    Also, if you think I'm a fanboy, please go read the guide I just posted. I give AMD some great praise in the budget/price--> performance low end market.
    The reply was not ment to anyone spesific.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Deleted
    wait what, you just bought a rig and are already upgrading pieces? you could have just spent that extra on the main build and built something better overall. your current rig will play most games just fine, so actually wait and play games first; even better if it has a cooler on it and you overclock it!

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    wait what, you just bought a rig and are already upgrading pieces? you could have just spent that extra on the main build and built something better overall. your current rig will play most games just fine, so actually wait and play games first; even better if it has a cooler on it and you overclock it!
    Who said I was buying a new GPU? But I do need to get a new PSU, the one it comes with is 300 watts i believe.