Poll: Do you miss the zombies?

Thread: Resident Evil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I Miss the old ones...
    BTW Revelation looks good as it's different from the 4th and 5th.

minor derail attempt:

Have any of you played the "dino crysis" games? i only remember playing them at a friend once, years ago. They are also by capcom (same company who did resident evil) and basically supposed to be like the old resident evils, only with dinosaurs

not zombies, but (as far as i remember from the short bit i played) it was good. i might pick it up again

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dense View Post
    minor derail attempt:

Have any of you played the "dino crysis" games? i only remember playing them at a friend once, years ago. They are also by capcom (same company who did resident evil) and basically supposed to be like the old resident evils, only with dinosaurs

not zombies, but (as far as i remember from the short bit i played) it was good. i might pick it up again
    Yep beat the first one and stopped the series after, All I remember was raptors barging in while I'm looking for bullets. Wasn't exactly a fun time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    RE1 remake along with RE0 are gamecube exclusives, or at least they were. you can however play them via emulation on the PC.
    Any experience with it? Like which emulator I should use, and does it work with torrented games?

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post

This is the remake for 1
    I have to say, that is a terrible showcase of the game and a terrible player.

The camera angles infuriate me just watching them play out on a video, and what's worse is the complete herp derp the player pulls off trying to move around. I guess the controls are sluggish and unresponsive if s/he isn't that sluggish and unresponsive in the head. Not to mention the player repeatedly inspecting things as though magic would intervene and change something in their favor. The game directed him/her to "check the mansion, starting with the first floor" and the genius spends about fifteen seconds before running off upstairs. I get exploration, but that's not really what a captured and published video is for, is it? At least not in such a manner as this. I also love how they were 100% oblivious to things like the sparkling gems in the statue's vase and the upstairs hallway. HEY, I AM VERY BRIGHT AND APPARENT TO CAPTURE YOUR ATTENTION SO YOU'LL INSPECT ME, PLEASE DO SO WHEN YOU HAVE TIME. That concept looked to have gone WAY over the player's head.

I just needed to get that all out.

On Topic: I don't mind either way. They're all still technically zombies and look comparable to one another. I imagine the whole virus thing is pivotal to the Umbrella Corp. portion of the story, so I guess I'm in favor of that, if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Resident Evil 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. 1, 3, 0, and Code Veronica are also amazing.

4 and 5, on the other hand... aren't good Resident Evil games, in my opinion. Good games of course, I just don't think they're true RE games. I hope they bring back the old survival horror game back soon. ): I miss it.

If you have time watch this Lets Play of RE. Its the same guy that makes Rage Quit videos so prepare for a lot of rage from frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Any experience with it? Like which emulator I should use, and does it work with torrented games?

i have no real experience with the Gamecube emulator, but i hear its really stable and does work with ISOs, its called Dolphin
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

I didn't miss them in Resi 4, but now that its getting stupid with Resi 5 I kinda do tbh.

Maybe you didn't see my post but.

Oh Hai REORC
    Quote Originally Posted by Elica View Post

Someone told me that air is bad, so I've decided to stop breathing.

I don't care where the series goes anymore, all I want them to do is remake RE 2 and 3 into HD for the PS3 and I'll be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    So after reading the current comments within the which horror game should I picked, I randomly got the game back in my brain back again and decided to go play it. I'm just surprised how this series evolved but one thing does bother me; I miss the zombies, I miss everything about them rather then people being controlled by a parasetic thingie w/e. Does anyone else who've played this series can agree with me or disagree? Share your thought's

I just beat 1 and 2 and now have to deal with 3 and the nemesis -.-
    Oh for the love of pete. Every person who's ever played Resident Evil with half a brain can follow the story line and see that las plagas and mutating viruses IS Resident Evil. Sure creepy zombies made for quite a thrill, but the t-virus, g-virus, it is all a constantly mutating thing that makes worse and worse enemies.

The only THING people miss is the sense of helplessness. The survival horror aspect, this is what's missing. You can't tell me that when you met the Shaker in RE4, you shat your pants. Now figure that in with about 4 bullets, yeah, hello adrenaline rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Oh for the love of pete. Every person who's ever played Resident Evil with half a brain can follow the story line and see that las plagas and mutating viruses IS Resident Evil. Sure creepy zombies made for quite a thrill, but the t-virus, g-virus, it is all a constantly mutating thing that makes worse and worse enemies.

The only THING people miss is the sense of helplessness. The survival horror aspect, this is what's missing. You can't tell me that when you met the Shaker in RE4, you shat your pants. Now figure that in with about 4 bullets, yeah, hello adrenaline rush.
    Zombies defined Resident Evil. Imagine if they made a mario game where they took our mario but still called it mario, made it a third person shoot and had the person in a futuristic world. Wouldnt be mario anymore would it?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    The series feels like its going downhill with the movies and RE5, I really hope they try to fix things up like it used to be.

they're making a fifth resident evil movie.

lolol

Deleted
    I've played and completed all of the resident evils bar RE:4 which i watched my brother play through. Nothing beats the original 3 plus veronica code x and RE:0. Having not played 4 but instead 5 i can tell i would probably like 4 but it just wouldn't have that "resident evily" feel to it which was the down fall of 5 to me but neither the less a good game. I can't wait for operation racoon city, setup sounds awesome, being that you play as umbrella special forces although i hope they find someway to make it atmospheric while still having 3(i think that's correct number) other players with you and back to original zombies! .

Also just a side note, does anyone have a serious WTF feeling like me about the RE movie series, more in particular the last one in how dim witted wesker is? im going to assume he is still alive due his badassery but still he seems to get out played at almost every turn =(

I agree with you OP, although I did like RE4 quite a bit. But that was the last RE game that I played. It just doesn't hold my interest like it used to. It's different now.

RE4 was scary to me than zombies. Zombies, to be honest, are kind of a joke now :/

Las Plagas were more mobile, reacted quicker, and were just generally scarier, to be honest... The chainsaw guy, iron maidens, that boss that hid in the ceiling, heck, even the rocket launcher cultists, and especially the random headeating cultists from a poorly placed headshot. Game nearly gave me nightmares.

This is why Resident Evil became boring is because you were fighting against the undead, not actual zombies, as they claimed in 4 and 5.

The idea of the parasite controlling people are classed as zombies also, as they are brainless housings for the parasites. But this was not fun to go against, i don't know why. I just like shooting a few undead while playing a horror game.
    I hope for Resident Evil 6 they'll bring back the undead, and not continue this route they are taking.

I can't wait for Resident Evil Rev, for Nintendo 3DS. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Zombies defined Resident Evil. Imagine if they made a mario game where they took our mario but still called it mario, made it a third person shoot and had the person in a futuristic world. Wouldnt be mario anymore would it?
    Em, no, the survival horror aspect defined Resident Evil.

That's what people miss, the zombies could come back, but if you were still given a crap ton of ammo and at little to no risk of dying, then it still wouldn't be what Resident Evil was back in the beginning.

Perfect example, this new Resident Evil Game of "Operation Raccoon City."

Zombies, but loads of ammo and teammates to help you.

If it goes down the toilet I'll stand by my statement.
    Last edited by Realsykes; 2011-09-05 at 04:08 PM.