Deleted

Wich specc to choose for 10hc?

Hey Guys,

i would like to know which is the best specc for our raidcomp for our warlack in 10hc fl. For the warlock himself and the raid because of the Buff demo provides.

Our raidmember:

Tanks: 2 DK
    Heal: Shaman, Druid, Disci-Priest
    Dmg: 2xMM-hunter, fury-warrior, arkanmage, and the warlock

So, the warlock goes for destruction most of the time. Isn't demo better these days? He's also collecting for the legendary if that matters.

best regards,
    Aza

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your warlock should go demo for the 10% spell power buff since you already have replenishment from the resto druid. Demo and affli are closely tied in single target dps with demo usually pulling a bit more in standstill fights while movement centric fights favor affliction. Destro is just utter crap imo.

Not an expert but from what ive seen i suppose Demonology. It has silly aoe plus it gives a really nice bonus to the rest of the raid. It's better than the resto shaman's flametongue totem right? Thats just 6%?

Incase you're going up on alysrazor tho, i guess you'll be better off keeping an affi offspec. Many hastes, many dots<3.

Yes, only a demo lock and ele shammy give 10% spell power, so by not being demo your raid is losing 4%. Honestly though I am unsure why destro gets so much hate lately, it's utility is quite nice and for every heroic fight in Firelands I find myself being destro for all of them except Rhyolith. I go demo, I go aff, but always end up coming back to destro.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just find that the utility of destro isn't needed really in any of the encounters in Firelands, and it's single target dps is sub-par compared to the other two specs. Nether protection is really good though for some encounters (namely Baleroc for crystal soaking) as is Shadowfury for Ragnaros, but that's the only ones I can think of right now, and again, neither is really needed. Just my opinion though, feel free to disagree.

Well, so far i have found that beeing demo is almost mandatory in 10 mans IF noone else brings the sp buff. I much rather play destro tbh, seeing as that actually is a far more complex and challenging prio system to play, not to mention that destro is THE utlity spec. It is by far the best soaker of any caster with the exception of certain immunity CDs (dispersion, iceblock etc), making it ideal for baleroc and to some degree majordomo, it also brings in a very neat aoe stun (and well, defensive dispels from imp that comes in handy, but in the grand scheme of things, felhunters offensive dispel and interupt makes it a better all around pet)

But if the buff is covered elsewhere and you do not need the utility destro provides, then affli is the current king of pure dmg. It does however bring little else than damage to the table. Apart from jinx and CoE ( which really isn't worht mentioning anymore), affli cannot do anything that demo already can, and demo also has more situational burst (and ~1mill dmg from pressing one single button, hello doomguard).

Demo, there's no question, given your setup and the strength of demo dps it's the best spec for your warlock by far.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for your quick answers. I'll show them to our warlock and maybe she will change to demo.

PS: I am one of the 2 blooddks, as i wrote i never played a warlock to 85.

One of the hardest things to get used to for me on the 1-2 fights I do switch to aff for is the mana. As destro I might life tap twice during the entire fight, as affliction my mana just melts away.

Deleted
    Honestly demo is better for nearly all of the heroic fights. I didnt find myself using affliction once and destro (lol) on heroic baleroc, for increased soaking and destro on heroic beth for burst on the spinners.

imo :

beth- demo > aff > destro
    ryolith- demo > aff > destro
    shannox- demo > aff > destro
    alyzrazor- aff > demo > destro
    baleroc- demo > aff > destro
    domo- demo = aff > destro
    rag- demo > aff > destro
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    ok, demo seems to be the most dps specc right now, plus the good utilities for the raid. Thank u all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    One of the hardest things to get used to for me on the 1-2 fights I do switch to aff for is the mana. As destro I might life tap twice during the entire fight, as affliction my mana just melts away.
    Especially if you have to Seed of Corruption more than twice.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest he either goes affliction or demonology.
    While demonology is doing better on most fights as affliction, affliction is really close to it in terms of dps ( minus pure aoe).

I feel like you aren't progressed that far into heroics yet and still got to learn the fights. For me, affliction is a lot easier when learning fights since you lose less dps when making mistakes.
    If you know the fight good enough / got boss on farm, he should go demonology for a demonology favoured fight. ( Thats about 4-5 bosses that favor demo).

However know that our doomguard is currently a little bit bugged and a small hotfix can "nerf" demo dps into oblivion.
    It probally won't happen till 4.3, but be a little bit prepared for it. A good affliction offspec with proper afflictiongear will do wonders when it happens.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2011-08-31 at 12:31 AM.