Connection issues on 1 server only

Hey

Have anyone tried to have connection issues on 1 server only, while other servers where just fine?

I have 10 chars on Agamaggan, EU. Thursday and Friday I couldn't log in/when i got in I couldn't cast/interact with the environment etc. When I tried to log on to chars on other servers - Dentarg, Tarren Mill, Kazzak, Ravenholdt - everything was fine - no problems at all.

Then saturday and sunday everything was fine on Agamaggan too, so thought the problem was solved, but monday and again today the problem is back.

I have tried all steps in blizzard support - apart from setting up router. But blizzard told me that all servers run on same ports, so could this be a router problem?

Also I tried to log in on 3 different computers, and the problem is the same on all 3. 1 is WIN7, 1 is WIN XP, 1 is MAC OS X.

I've also tried making a new char on Agamaggan with a trial account, and I'm having the same problem with that char.

I'm speculating with this post but I have a background in PC Building and Network Management so I have a bit of experience in the field I'm posting about, As Agamaggan is located in the Paris, France Datacenter and 3 of the 4 other realms you listed are located in the Stockholm, Sweden datacenter I believe their may be an issue you cannot fix on your end with the hops from your house to the datacenter. This can be caused by hardware failure by your ISP, Blizzard, Datacenter, etc. If the issue does not fix itself after another week I'd look into trace routing the server IP for Agamaggan and checking for lost packets along the way.

However my theory could easily be incorrect because one of the other realms (dentarg) you listed is actually located in the same datacenter although I believe it's running off a different Server (or cluster of boxes) within the Datacenter so that could point towards an issue with some of the Hardware on the "Blackout" server. My advice for you is simply to open a ticket, wait for them to reply and hope they fix it.

The IP for Agamaggan is 80.239.179.54, if I traceroute it I cannot move past the Hop to the Datacenter so there may very well be an issue present that is completely out of your control.

PS: Tracert in Command prompt is the Trace Route command. [Tracert 80.239.179.54]

Thanks for nice and informative answer That comforts me a bit, as I feel like there is nothing more I can do about this myself now. I've been on ticket conversation with blizzard since friday, and tried all they suggested (except configuring my router - opening ports etc., because I didn't think it would make sense as the problem is only on one server (dont know much about this stuff though.)

My char on Dentarg still don't experience any problems though. (It's only a lvl 3, and I haven't played on it more than 15 minutes or something. I guess that makes no difference, but I just write it anyway to be sure )

I'll just level my char on Kazzak and hope this problem goes away

Thanks again