Casting BoD twice in a row.....

if u cast it twice in a row it adds a few seconds to the countdown( i wanna say 13 seconds its showing)........is that a suitable thing to be doing or could it be a addon lie!!!!!...i use forte

Ive accidentally cast BoD twice a few times on my alt and Ive "seen" the duration go over the 1 minute mark, but only by 2-3 seconds, so Im inclined to say that its a UI bug. In the long run it doesnt seem like it would be useful for max dps

Any previous time between the the time you clip the dot and the next tick is added to the duration of the dot when you reapply it. So when you reapply between the penultimate and ultimate ticks you're effectively not actually clipping anything.
    Although I was talking about UA this is true of BoD as well.

Your addon isn't lying to you, but you don't want to be casting it twice in a row either.

so i should jus cast it once then...its not a dps increase casting it twice?

No, it's a waste of a global when you could get the same effect from letting it tick down to 14 seconds.

Actually, you can cast it twice, not in rapid succession though. You can to cast it when moving into range of a boss, get all procs, use functions and shit up, then recast it. That way, you get 4 ticks of boosted damage instead of 3, without really wasting a gcd. Then let it tick out before refreshing it, and then next time its time to refresh it, pop DS again and refresh it before the previous one expire for 4 DS boosted ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by noaim View Post
    Actually, you can cast it twice, not in rapid succession though. You can to cast it when moving into range of a boss, get all procs, use functions and shit up, then recast it. That way, you get 4 ticks of boosted damage instead of 3, without really wasting a gcd. Then let it tick out before refreshing it, and then next time its time to refresh it, pop DS again and refresh it before the previous one expire for 4 DS boosted ticks.
    That was really the main point

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    That was really the main point
    I am aware of that, but since the question was asked, I am fairly sure he didnt know what I said in the rest of the post, so thought I could aswell point it out.