10+ Year Old Account

Your favorite piece of raid gear?

Basicly What piece of raid gear made you the happiest, whether it was a tough boss and he dropped your tier token first. or it was rag back in MC finally dropping the eye. What is your favorite?

Mine is most recently from Norm Rag getting the Matrix and the Agi neck on the first kill. Made the amount of time spend worth it.

I once had a 'FINALLY WOOOOOT!!!!" moment for a piece of gear... can't recall what it was now though. All I see is a carrot dangling on a stick anymore which probably explains my growing dis-interest in gear.

In my short time of end game raiding (basically Cata) my favorite piece of gear was the t11 helm. I'd only seen it drop once prior in like 6 or 7 kills, and when I finally won the roll on it, I was using the collar of bones which was the last non-359 piece I had to replace. Before Cata I'd never had any tier pieces or anything so it was pretty special.

Thunderfury, even though I just got it last week, I've never been so excited to get a piece of gear lol...

Edit: Actually, my favorite piece of gear is probably Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers, I spent weeks farming the necessary demons, learning the strat to kill them and finally killing them to get that bow back in Classic.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-08-30 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My priests shoulders, I had the stupid 353 ones from ZG. Got tier last week after losing the roll like 4 weeks in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Right now, Firecat stick. I would bet there are no more than 5 alliance ferals on my server with it. Finally dropped on my 5th Majordomo kill a couple days ago. However, between 1 H Shannox, 5 Domo, and 2 Ragnaros kills, not one Vanquisher token has dropped. *grumble*

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be Deathbringers will Heroic and my thunderfury back in the old days

Really oldschool... back when URBS was still 15-man: blackblade of shahram (http://www.wowhead.com/item=12592).

I was a bit depressed with how little the fella it summons is though. You basically couldn't see him unless you were soloing and he popped out

Heroic fire cat staff.

Not a raid gear, but back when armor penetration was good, when I finally got the Needle-Encrusted Scorpion from that ICC instance on my Hunter:].
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17075/vi...he-bloodletter

Had everything else I wanted for my rogue at that point for quite a while and BWL wasn't out yet. Was so happy when that finally dropped and I got to complete my gear for that tier.

Maly drake because its the only time I've ever won anything on my first run and the only raid mount I had ever won. For awhile I was really happy about that untill blizz added it to the occulus and then i got about 500 more of em :/

When the second half dropped for my Thunderfury in WRATH.

or

When I got the last Ingot I needed for the hammer and the Eye dropped in the same run.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite piece of raid gear was probably Despair. It was a great looking weapon and lot of my raid group coveted it but I was the only one who could use it when it finally dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Edit: Actually, my favorite piece of gear is probably Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers, I spent weeks farming the necessary demons, learning the strat to kill them and finally killing them to get that bow back in Classic.
    Same! Too bad that character is long gone...Nowadays it is every time I mount on my white Strider that I think "what an awesome mount, good thing I have it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting "the Perd" years ago. I was smiling for a week afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    The Voice of Reason. Caster shield from kel'thuzad 25, I had lost the roll 5 times before I finally got it, I was so happy that I just stared at it for 10 minutes straight........then Ulduar came out the next week -_- I still have it on my shaman, sitting in the bank right next to Sulfuras just to remind me of how grateful I should always be that I get gear and have fun getting it with people I like.
    Tanks are made of steel, blood and a shield, not magic and twigs.
    My Warrior My Shaman

Definately getting my(extremely late, after 4.0.1) DBW on my feral. Had been doing ICC on 2 chars that were able to MS roll for it since the first month, took me almost a year.

Pandora's Plea off Mimiron, and the trinket off yogg0 10 man that summons a tentacle, I love that trinket for guild screenshots