Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I bought a Dell XPS L501X last year for christmas. It has a Core i7 740, 8GB Ram, a 500GB HDD and 4GB VRam. Pitifully Dell sold it with a Windows 7 32bit, so I had to upgrade via student licence to Windows 7 64 bit professional. In my humble opinion Dell has suffered A LOT of customization in the last years and you have to get one of those super cheap money saving weeks (the system did cost me 800Euro so around 1150$ which was pretty cheap compared to the original 1400Euro/2000$. Had some additional savings and got my tax back on it so it effectively did cost me around 600Euro/866$). The biggest mess is to get everything running again after cleaning your discs. The save and reinstall discs are annoying as hell.

But you can ran World of Warcraft on nearly any machine in high details right now and even the cheapest XPS15 has higher GPU and CPU settings than WoW High Detail requirements. The only problem I have with it that I either get a lot worse latency (from 50-60ms up to 150-250ms) or less FPS (dropping from standard 75 to 25 in Firelands). But that doesn't seem to be specific Notebook restricted problem (looks like all the fiery stuff costs a lot of engine power).

The only advice I can personally give to anyone who suggests to buy a notebook: leave out Bluray drives (it is messy as hell to set those things up running and cost like 150-200$ extra, you can buy internal drives for 80$ plus and rip the movies to your desktop disc) and go for 15,6". 17" is really big and heavy.

By the way theres a Dell XPS System with Core i7-2630QM 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz GT 540 and 8GB Ram and 750GB HDD for 1060$ (400$ savings). The only other choices for gaming notebooks are Asus, MSI (don't like their quality) and Samsung since HP is selling is PC/Notebook division.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Well, High on Crysis 2 ain't exactly "High" by standards, since it's the second lowest setting. I'd call it medium.
    How was the name of qualities in Crysis 2? I said high because I know it was the second best and it's usually named "high" in most games, I don't really know how is called as I played very little of that game, I didn't like it at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griwald View Post
    How was the name of qualities in Crysis 2? I said high because I know it was the second best and it's usually named "high" in most games, I don't really know how is called as I played very little of that game, I didn't like it at all.
    Gamer < High < Ultra < Extreme