Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Chaaawwww the environment maaaan what about the environment.... man
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryl View Post
    You really need to stop believing EVERYTHING that you read.
    There are stories out there which are based on true things that are happening. This mountain story is allready planned out on paper into small details. Only thing left is to get it off the paper into a real thing. They are working at that phase at this moment, but that will take a couple of years of gathering sponsors, goverment aprovals, etc.

This mountain thing will get real if they can get enough financial funds and all goverment rules in order. This is offcoarce something that can go either way.

---------- Post added 2011-09-01 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calibar View Post
    Chaaawwww the environment maaaan what about the environment.... man
    Greenpeace will most likely chain themselfs on the bottom of that specific sea spot... I would not be surpriced

10+ Year Old Account
    Which other sink to you expect them to throw their money down into???
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arunu View Post
    well , if i read both articles correctly , an old pro cyclist came up with the idea and
    since then a good number of other sport federations and large private companies joined in the brainstorm sessions.
    engineers are saying it is actually possible but will be one hell of a feat.

i either missed or there are no mentions of the government actually wanting this.

would be awesome , but no thanks when it's all on the taxpayers money
    they said there wouldn't be any taxes involved, it has to come from companies who want to sponsor the project

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kckttk View Post
    well build it... it will end up like the Palm Islands in Dubai ^^

incase people dont know whats happening to the islands... Its basically sinking
    Nah, Dubai just got trolled. There was nothing in the contract about sinking. Duh duh dun!

---------- Post added 2011-09-01 at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but I went to Holland and god it was booooooooring. I couldnt even get a souvenir, all the shops just had jamaican dudes smoking weed selling ashtrays and shit. The only thing I liked was the chips I bought which came with some crazy sauce, but it tasted good :P
    Then you should go to a real city instead of Amsterdam. You go to a tourist area, you'll be treated as one. Because we all know everyone just comes for our weed. Amirite?

it wouldn't be to difficult to build a big pile of rock considering we have built skyscrapers etc.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 44thsavage View Post
    they said there wouldn't be any taxes involved, it has to come from companies who want to sponsor the project
    aye. thought as much.

anyways , i really dont understand why they are giving our plans for world domination away so early.
    was only a matter of time before someone figured out we would build an uber laser inside of it.

Deleted
    I don't even...

Deleted
    Those dutchmen.. they smoke too much.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    Not to rain on your parade, but I went to Holland and god it was booooooooring. I couldnt even get a souvenir, all the shops just had jamaican dudes smoking weed selling ashtrays and shit. The only thing I liked was the chips I bought which came with some crazy sauce, but it tasted good :P
    Ignorant much? The Netherlands is beautiful. Then again, I'm from the western end of the world, and that ancient architecture and history is very appealing to a lot of us. Try going to places that aren't Amsterdam though. While a lot of the city is gorgeous, it's also the tourist dumping ground.

As for the mountain, terraforming isn't a new concept, so I'm not really sure why people are so surprised at the idea of building a mountain. Then again, I'd be hiring the very best engineers in the world to devise the concept, because I imagine time could really take it's toll on something so massive if done incorrectly.

The bill is rather large, but the tourism potential is tremendous. People are going to want to see a 2km high man made mountain. Add on the fact that the entire country will now have their own facilities that they generally have to travel to other countries to participate in (feeding their economy).
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Deleted
    They actually want it to be ready in 2015
    Here is the official site for the mountain:
    http://www.diebergkomter.nl/
    And here is a plan presented by DHV, and engineering firm:
    http://www.dhv.nl/dhvnl/files/f6/f65...417f8e9ba3.pdf

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulocon View Post
    They actually want it to be ready in 2015
    Not only is that impossible, it's ludicrous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    sounds like a bigger money pit than the supposed location of the holy grail

im serious, google it
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Deleted
    If there are taxes involved i would gladly spend money on a MOUNTAIN then pay for militairy defense/war/immigrants and keeping Banks alive. im disgusted by those (especially the last)

and the good part is that we will probably not even pay taxes for it, will probably change into a low percentage but hey! whatever, if we get to build the humans greatest feat in history im all for it!

Oh great, stupid action by my fellow countrymen. Totally not liking this.