[Music] Fender stratocaster vs ESP Truckster

Hey guys,

I'm stuck between two guitars, the ESP Truckster (Black, James Hetfield signature from Metallica) and Stevie Ray Vaughan Stratocaster. I love the clean noise on the Strato but the ESP one being from Metallica keeps me away from the fender.

I play Thrash metal (Metallica), Rock (Pink Floyd) and a bit of country, and play a lot of clean riffs and acoustic resembling. I don’t really fancy changing battery on the guitar so I’m still stuck.

Looks:

SRV Stratocaster:

ESP Truckster:

Any advices?
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

I love both of them so I can definitely understand how you would be torn between the two...

Honestly I started off w/ a Strat-clone and always wanted something w/ the Les Paul body-style

Personally gun-to-my-head, I would pick the Truckster, if only because I've always loved Hetfield's guitars (even his first ESP Explorer-style guitars) and I've always thought the body style of the Truckster suited played Metal Rhythm a little better.

Can you sit down and play them? Picking guitars on looks alone seems awkward...

10+ Year Old Account
    The Strat is a far more versatile guitar. Plus it's a classic look that's timeless. A hundred years from now, when everyone's forgotten who Metallica even was, people will still play Stratocasters.

I played them both, and guess what. I loved the Fender in hand and the Truckster had to be set up since it was buzzing like hell from my heavy playing, but REALLY i don't understand a difference between the sound of 81 and 60 on it. The fender however, PERFECT in hand, great low action.

I wonder, How good would thrash metal stuff sound with a fender with single coils?
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

Signature models are really lame if you ask me. Why pay so much more for a name? Just go for an American Strat of some sort.