Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Ways of making a decent income from your computer :)?

Post ur suggestions/feedback thanks

Become a web designer/developer.

Deleted
    My vote goes to Blogger, though I don't have time for that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Bitcoin mining.
    It's hardly worth it considering that you will need a ridiculous amount of GPU power to even pay the cost of the mining PC in the first few months.

Isn't the 6970 the best bitcoin miner these days? Yes, it takes a while to be profitable, but once you are at that spot it's a nice extra to have. Not much, but every bit helps.
    And if you have the PC, why not? I wouldn't buy a PC specifically for bitcoin mining, but it's just like folding. Let it run when you are not doing much.

web designer, hacker (heh) stuff like that

Quote Originally Posted by Badluckandtrouble View Post
    hacker (heh)
    Not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Isn't the 6970 the best bitcoin miner these days? Yes, it takes a while to be profitable, but once you are at that spot it's a nice extra to have. Not much, but every bit helps
    Yes but you can't live on it.
    The other thing that you suggested (online poker) is more profitable, but also significantly more risky and difficult.

Design. Not just webdesign. That's too narrow a subject. It's also far more timeconsuming than, say, logodesign.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't they made online poker a bit difficult to even get your money right now?

Also, what's this bitcoin mining stuff, haven't heard of it before(and yes, I glanced through the wiki). Are you talking like, 50 bucks a year or what.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Also, what's this bitcoin mining stuff, haven't heard of it before(and yes, I glanced through the wiki). Are you talking like, 50 bucks a year or what.
    A lot more than that, but you have to build a dedicated mining PC with powerful graphic cards that will mine 24/7.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    A lot more than that, but you have to build a dedicated mining PC with powerful graphic cards that will mine 24/7.
    How much is 'a lot'
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

It really depends on a lot of things. Average maybe $150/month with 2x6970 mining 24/7. And don't forget the electricity bill.
    My data is kind of old though. It might be more or less than that right now. Someone that is currently mining has to say. It was more profitable 3-4 months ago.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-08-31 at 07:20 PM.

Deleted
    Design and programming would be my guess.

Yeah, bitcoin mining and online poker as well

10+ Year Old Account
    i need £4 what is this bitcoin mining? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I know this isnt from a computer or whatever, but if you have an iPhone and possible an android, there is an app called Field Agent. It Basically just gives your tasks to do that require you to simply either go to a place, or take a picture of something, do a price check, or heck just answer a couple surveys. It's really easy to do, especially if you're already out and about (works real well in cities) Just open the app and see if theres anything around you and you can earn a few bucks. I've earned $35 from doing tasks in just a few days, and you can transfer any money in it to paypal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3

I wonder how many people will think they will profit from this.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-08-31 at 07:48 PM.

Not a form of income, just a way to make some money since you're on the computer anyways:

surveys, signed up for it a while ago. Not very steady, but from time to time I'll be emailed to participate in one of which I receive a 5$ giftcard at amazon. Since I buy alot of stuff online from there, the 10-20 minutes it takes is more than worth it to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jries View Post
    Yes, I know this isnt from a computer or whatever, but if you have an iPhone and possible an android, there is an app called Field Agent. It Basically just gives your tasks to do that require you to simply either go to a place, or take a picture of something, do a price check, or heck just answer a couple surveys. It's really easy to do, especially if you're already out and about (works real well in cities) Just open the app and see if theres anything around you and you can earn a few bucks. I've earned $35 from doing tasks in just a few days, and you can transfer any money in it to paypal.
    An iPhone is a computer.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave up with surveys after answering 50 of them and not getting anything... it just says (after about 40questions) "Sorry you are not eligible for this survey"

---------- Post added 2011-08-31 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i need £4 what is this bitcoin mining? :S
    Bitcoin mining should no longer be considered as a "form of income" there are too many variables and the amount of processing is too "large" to be profitable for the billpayer, assuming a standard home computer (Single CPU, Single Graphics Card)