Thread: New Legendary

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

New Legendary

So a few guildies and myself were talking about what we think the next legendary will be.

What are your thoughts on the next legendary, will there be one or if there is what will it be?

Personally I think it will be a hunter wep or a shield of some sort.

A 2.8 speed dagger.

When they said narrow use on that they probably didn't mean 1 class narrow lol.

Deleted
    spellcaster weapons to make up for the shortfall of caster legendary items in game

Tanking mace:
    1h str mace for pala/warrior
    2h agi mace for druids
    2h str mace for DKs
    Well it'd work and wouldn't be THAT hard to create.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    Tanking mace:
    1h str mace for pala/warrior
    2h agi mace for druids
    2h str mace for DKs
    Well it'd work and wouldn't be THAT hard to create.
    Doesn't sound very narrow use though.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
    It's not a fucking tank legendary for the nth time, Blizz has already said it wouldn't be.

It'll be for enh shammies/rogues, imo.
    Nerdrage, much?

Umad, bro?

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-08-31 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    spellcaster weapons to make up for the shortfall of caster legendary items in game
    you mean the 2 in game? Valanyr and Tarecgosa only caster legendarys i can think of.... compared to the 5 (6 since warriors/hunters/rogues can equip thoridal) melee weapons?

Deleted
    I feel like it's going to be a really cool polearm for both hunters or druids :>

Imo hunters need something

Bet a staff...agi one.

Another vote for a polearm!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Renowed Demon Soul? = trinket/necklace

Quote Originally Posted by AtaraxyDarkmoonFaire View Post
    I feel like it's going to be a really cool polearm for both hunters or druids :>
    Thats not to likely when have they ever made melee legendary that was also someones stat stick. They could have put hunters on glaives but that didn't happen. I mean its possible it could happen but not very likely. But don't rule out some kind of str weapon warriors have got a legendary every expansion wouldn't shock me if they got another.

Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post
    you mean the 2 in game? Valanyr and Tarecgosa only caster legendarys i can think of.... compared to the 5 (6 since warriors/hunters/rogues can equip thoridal) melee weapons?
    There was also Atiesh http://www.wowhead.com/item=22631, no longer obtainable.

Imo next weapon would be either a tank weapon or a agi based polearm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Thats not to likely when have they ever made melee legendary that was also someones stat stick. They could have put hunters on glaives but that didn't happen. I mean its possible it could happen but not very likely. But don't rule out some kind of str weapon warriors have got a legendary every expansion wouldn't shock me if they got another.
    You are saying it like you think a Caster Staff is not a stat stick, which it very much is. They also mentioned that there would not be a tank legendary in 4.3 (most likely since they haven't gotten around the idea on how to get all tank classes with one legendary) and that it will come in the future. Which leaves the Polearm for Hunter/Druid (since caster had Staff no point with two Staves in a row) or some kind of Agility based one-hander which in my opinion should be equippable by Rogues/Shamans aswell as Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You are saying it like you think a Caster Staff is not a stat stick, which it very much is.
    And someone melees with it? The point was that they most likely wouldn't make a melee legendary thats a stat stick for someone as who would give someone a stat stick over a melee that would see much higher gains from it when its a lot of work for it. Also if they did 1h agi weapons they wouldn't put hunters on it just like they didn't on glaives. If they gave one hunters could use it would be a range weapon. So it leaves it with bow 1 class polearm 1 spec or 1h 2 classes or they could do another healer weapon.

We will just have to wait and see for the ptr hopefully thats not far off.

Since Blizzard said it won't be a tanking weapon, it (almost) has to be a One-Hand DPS weapon based on the fact that this class of weapon has gone the longest without being seen as a legendary.

Going back from present:
    Caster DPS
    Two-Hand DPS
    Healer
    Bow
    One-Hand DPS
    etc...

Though it would be nice to see Feral getting something next, that would limit its use to just 2 classes. I think Blizzard wants as many classes as possible on a legendary? idk
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2011-08-31 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lukerocks View Post
    By this logic Thunderfury is a caster legendary since Warlocks can equip it. Also, Lv60 Naxx staff is a caster legendary.