Am I Really Bad?

Okay just gonna come right out and ask, how much DPS do you reckon I oughtta be doin on fights like say Baleroc. On that fight in particular I'm sitting anywhere from 19k to 22k depending upon... Well thats a weird thing I dunno what causes my DPS to vary so heavily but it's sorta a nuisance. I feel like I should be cranking out more and as much as I'd love to provide logs I don't have them (I'm making this topic while my Guild is struggling to down Alysrazor, hate that fight... SO MUCH) and if it remains relevant to them I'll be able to throw them up on Tuesday. But yeah, can I get any kind of feedback? I feel somethings off but I don't know what.. Armory Link

I have about the same gear as you do on my Boomkin and I pull roughly the same numbers. If you're bad, I guess I am too, although it seems about right since we have Arcane mages pulling 22k-23k on Baleroc.

19k is bad 22k in that gear is ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    did getting EXACTLY 17.00% hit happen by accident or am i really bad that i cant do that? and i say if u can pull over 20k dps you're absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrind View Post
    did getting EXACTLY 17.00% hit happen by accident or am i really bad that i cant do that? and i say if u can pull over 20k dps you're absolutely fine.
    Heh I've hit exactly 17% myself on numerous occasions. I don't try, it just happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrind View Post
    http://www.wowreforge.com/Import

Works wonders. It gets a bit costly having to reforge all of your gear to mini/max your stats but I dunno, I like to pull out all stops.

I would bet the fluctuations are caused by the amount of movement you're required to do in a fight. How many times you get targeted by some attack from the boss that requires you to evade.

Remember to try to keep your casting to a maximum and refresh dots while moving for example.

I often see people who start moving because of a boss event but they don't stop when they're right outside the dangerzone and instead continue until they're halfway across the room.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogoes View Post
    http://www.wowreforge.com/Import

Works wonders. It gets a bit costly having to reforge all of your gear to mini/max your stats but I dunno, I like to pull out all stops.
    That's pretty cool, thx for the link man.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that in 10 or 25? Our boomkin in nearly equal gear (he has one more ilvl) did 26k the last time we killed Baleroc. 25man, though. But he seems to have more int/spellpower (due to gemming pure int everywhere except helm), more haste and less crit and mastery than you. Oh, and the 4set.

Deleted
    In that level of gear, anything under 20k DPS is due to poor execution/mistakes. 21k and above should be your minimum on fights such as Baleroc normal.