Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Dammit, we have me, mHunter, sPriest, fDK, eShaman, aMage, and dWarlock, with both Mage and Warlock dropping theirs outside and coming back in to AoE the other 8 and we still don't manage to kill them before we reach the end of the room kiting-_-. By the way, are these elementals subject to knockbacks? I don't see it happening in videos but there's always that glyph, but seeing how beneficial knockbacks can be, I doubt people would glyph that out right? Hah.
    They can only be knocked back when they don't have the buff they gain from being with range of other elementals - or in other words if you are AoE'ing them as a group they can't be knocked back. We're still trying to figure out the best way for our comp to handle them as well, I think that either the stack in the middle then spread in a circle strat or the kite from one side to the other but then spread out strat will be what ends up working because I just don't think we'll get them down via AoE like Paragon's strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    They can only be knocked back when they don't have the buff they gain from being with range of other elementals - or in other words if you are AoE'ing them as a group they can't be knocked back. We're still trying to figure out the best way for our comp to handle them as well, I think that either the stack in the middle then spread in a circle strat or the kite from one side to the other but then spread out strat will be what ends up working because I just don't think we'll get them down via AoE like Paragon's strat.
    I see, thanks!

If you have either a dPriest or rDruid I recommend the former since it's easier to keep the raid topped off via shields and HoT's, as well as if you think your AoE is subpar at best, at least that's what I think. We have neither of those healers so topping the raid off after the burst would be annoying even with a raid CD. The downside is that this strategy requires seeds to be dropped like at the center, very little room for error.

Edit: I shouldn't post on my phone anymore, damn, typo much.
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2011-09-01 at 07:53 PM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Doing this fight on 10man without at least 1 boomkin or 2 frost dk's almost isn't an option. Your best choice is to recruit a new moonkin honestly. Failing that, I don't really know. When you do it with just a feral you can kill the molten elemental wave but it is not nearly as reliable as a feral+moonkin and more adds tend to get through, which stresses healing or just gets someone killed. GL though sorry for your dilemma.

The other methods of spreading out molten elementals or spreading out players after their spawn have felt literally half as effective as just powering them down with AOE. You can try those methods but by comparison they kind of suck.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    I see, thanks!

If you have either a dPriest or rDruid I recommend the former since it's easier to keep the raid topped off via shields and HoT's, as well as if you think your AoE is subpar at best, at least that's what I think. We have neither of those healers so topping the raid off after the burst would be annoying even with a raid CD. The downside is that this strategy requires seeds to be dropped like at the center, very little room for error.

Edit: I shouldn't post on my phone anymore, damn, typo much.
    I'm sorry if you said already, but I just woke up. What healer comp are you using? And have you tried having everyone spread out once their about to get to you instead of kiting to the back?