Question for Completionist Blacksmiths

I've lately been contemplating dropping enchanting. Reasons being is it just doesn't fit my character too well. I don't really RP but I still like to.. have a kind of personality.

Anyway. Enchants like Lesser Block and Deathfrost have me more interested in something like blacksmithing.
    Especially considering the BoP Dawnsteel shoulders being excellent paladin mog gear.

My concerns were unobtainable patterns now that so much of Classic content has been redone or even removed.

Are there any blacksmithing plans that are no longer obtainable that would just drive me insane? (I'm guessing Zandalar or something)

Well, yes, Zandalari plans should no longer be obtainable. There are also a few plans from old Naxx which were quest rewards I think. I can't be 100% sure, but all others should still be obtainable.

blazing rapier, phantom blade, and im pretty sure frost guard are 3 off the top of my head.

(any of the specialization stuff)
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-09-02 at 12:43 AM.

I have been looking around and not found an answer to this: Is there any way to get the weaponsmith and armorsmith specific patterns anymore? The SW BS trainer says to go talk to one dude...but dudeman says I am busy f---off.

Thanks in advance

The Mithril Order quests are no longer in game, so there's a few patterns and nifty rewards that you are unable to acquire. Get an addon on called EveryRecipe (or something very close to that name) and it will explain where to find most of them. I used it to get all of the non-holiday cooking recipes that I was missing.

get Akis Recipe List addon, it's great for tracking that stuff, and has a lot of filtering options.
    To answer your question, all of the patterns that required a specialization (weapon/armorsmith) are no longer obtainable, which is really upsetting considering transmog coming soon, I'd like to be able to use the Lionheart series of swords, or the other weaponsmith weapons.

I had a similar feeling about pets/mounts on a new goblin character at the beginning of cataclysm. I rationalized it by telling myself I can complete the character as much as it can be and be happy about it. Otherwise I'd always think about those non obtainable pets I don't have etc. I guess this philosophy could pertain to black smithing? Other than that, there isn't much you can do.