Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think one thing most people seem to be overlooking from the OP is that they have only downed heroic Shannox and Rhyolith. H Beth'tiliac is the hardest 10 man fight pre-rag so there really is no reason to do it 3rd. Go for Domo, Alys, and then Baleroc. You'll be better geared and more prepared for this fight then.

The way we do it is to have 1 person who mostly handles the adds, in our case its usually a DK but sometimes a hunter, and then we have one person who is backup or helper (we rotate spriest, lock, hunter depending on who is in that week). The backup finishes the spiderlings off if the primary person has to start moving to get to the next spawn or switches places with them if the primary is fixated (hunters can Feign, but it can be resisted and seems to be more often than not for us). We have an arcane mage and the backup on the drones, and an arcane mage and rogue usually go up top the first time. After the first time just the rogue goes up and the 2nd mage stays down to help on spinners and drones.

Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    2 heal it, have one of your druid go dps
    You can't 2 heal heroic, which is what this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    I think one thing most people seem to be overlooking from the OP is that they have only downed heroic Shannox and Rhyolith. H Beth'tiliac is the hardest 10 man fight pre-rag so there really is no reason to do it 3rd.
    I'm pretty confident we're talking regular, not heroic, but the OP will correct me if I'm wrong.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Yes, we are talking Normal, not heroic

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Few comments.

1. If you can get frost DK in, do it, make usre he specs 2/2 chillbains and he can easily solo the spiderlings.

2. Whoever is on the spiderling duty, make sure there is communication between this person and the tank who has drone, so that the tank allways knows where spiderlings are coming, and he moves to the other end of room to max the distance.

3. Let the tank downstairs taunt the spinners down when he can, while they are hanging in the air, they do 20k casts, but while in the ground they only melee like 3-5k.

4. When you reah third smoldering devastation make sure you allways kill spiderlings first, so that there is even not a slight chance boss can eat some, if he does then the use of 1 person upstairs for dps has been completely waste of time.

5. If you strugling with the adds between second and third smoldering devastation, let the dps you had up stay in ground after the second smoldering devastation.

6. When boss is permanently down, everyone should group up so that all aoe healing, damage reduction etc can reach them, leave all big cd´s for this aswell. Stacking up ofc counts out the tanks. Pop hero/bloodlust when tanks are having like 20 stacks or whatever is the limit for your tanks.

And here I was thinking you were talking about heroic mode (which you'd be quite undergeared for since 10men is overtuned). If you're talking NORMAL mode... you guys are way overgeared for it.

You might wanna take 5 minutes to setup WoL and post it up so we can get more objective analysis of your DPS. Else, put the shadow priest on the spiderlings, everyone else kill spinners and then drones. Priority is exactly that: lings, spins, drones. If you can't finish up the drones and you get overwhelmed the problem is sadly simple: your raid DPS just isn't enough.

Hey, this was our strat that we finally got Beth down.

Tanks - Druid , Pally (365~)
    Healers - Sham, Disc Priest(370~)
    DPS - 2 DKs(frost), Ench Sham, Asn Rogue, Surv Hunter, Arc Mage (365~)

Starting off the fight, the first two spinners are taunted down, Pally tank and Sham went up top. Since the first wave of adds are easy to control, we sent the Rogue and 1 DK up top the second set of spinners. 3rd Set of spinners, druid tank and other DK taunted down and killed. Druid Tank also kept control of the drone close enough to the priest so the priest can keep everyone healed on the bottom(not facing the drone at the raid of course). Hunter + Mage kept the spiderlings under control. Ench sham just killed the downed spinners then the drone, same with DK. (Beth was at ~88-90% when they jumped down)

Second set. First 2 up are the pally tank and sham, only the rogue goes up the next time. This time we use both DKs and druid tank to taunt down the spinners since they come quicker. All the dps stayed the same set up though.(Beth was at ~82%)

Third set, only the pally tank and sham went up while the rogue stayed down this time to help with the single target adds(spinners//drones)(Beth was at ~79%)

Phase 2. Depending where the spiderlings spawn on their last wave, make sure they are stop'd frozen in their tracks while you pull Beth away from them. Finish them off quick. DPS and heals stand on her butt while the tanks alternate taunts with widow's kiss. Make sure the tank with the kiss moves away cause of the AoE damage. Alternate smaller CDs between tanks and heals at about 8-10 stacks of frenzy. Pop BL // TW at about 10mil HP left(~50%) Move on to the tanks bigger CDs(5Min) PEWPEWPEW.

It did take us awhile to get the adds under control, but it is 2heal capable even in phase 2. To help out with some damage during the phase 1 adds, our DKs were in blood presense to tank the spinners slightly and used DS until I(the bear tank) taunted them off of them and they went back into frost...your tank's taunt on the bottom should always be on CD, whether taunting down spinners as a priority that are close to him as he tanks the drone, or taunted it off someone who is taunting down the spinners for you. The spinners and drones DON'T have to be seperated.

EDIT: The tank and healer should go uptop at the same time...also the tank should use a 1minute CD almost to the top, and then target beth and get ready to taunt her as soon as he hits the top web to keep the healer from getting hit.
    Last edited by Lucifrie; 2011-09-02 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Smaller Details

Just as a tip to anyone with a hunter in their raid. Hunters can solo spiderlings easy and work on drones. I have an 370ilvl(held back massively by a 346 trinket) and with an odd spec they can pull 28-30k dps on that fight.

Just google hunter solo spiderlings spec
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?

Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

I wouldn't recommend 2 healing at all. First of all, only a single dps actually needs to go upstairs - whoever had the shittiest AoE, or highest single-target DPS (unless plate who can tank spinners). By having him pop his cooldowns upstairs about two times, the boss should go down on the 3rd phase at ~80%, which is not at all bad if you're having trouble downstairs.

Meanwhile, assign roles to people. Don't just ask all of them to do everything at once. Mages should be more than fine freezing and Arcane Explosioning them, especially if you have two. If anything, have the Lock go Demo, have only one mage freezing/slowing adds, and you should be more than fine. Have the other mage either go upstairs or help on Drone/Spinners. Unless the mage has problems slowing down adds, you don't need the Spriest on them. If it does happen down, have the Spriest slow the adds down instead and the Mage do something else.

Well, essentially, your group has WAY more slows than my group (which includes a Hunter, but he always misses a trap or twenty), and with that comes easy AoE damage (even if low, with 100% slow uptime you should have no problems whatsoever). So, try this:

Highest single-target DPS on Top
    Lowest single-target DPS on Drone
    Two of your best slowers (consider tunnel-vision a factor! people actually need to pay attention in this fight) on Spiderlings
    Whoever left grabbing Spinners and being helped by the other two slowers when they're done with the spiderlings

This should do, really, if your folks know how to do it properly. It obviously doesn't help a bit you don't have a plate melee to help out grabbing Spinners, but go with what you have with. Remember the priority:
    Spiderlings > Spinners > Done

Unless you plan on changing your group set-up, I only see this being one of the really few ways you can do it. Unless you few comfortable getting drone down with tank by himself and whomever else helping AFTER Spinners and Spiderlings are down, you should always have one on it.
    Last edited by jotad4; 2011-09-02 at 06:01 AM.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiderlings PRIO!
    If someone complains down there about having to dps the spiderlings instead tunneling the drone, they are stupid.

Dont spilt dps. Spiderlings, Spinners, then drones. easy.

the quicker the spiderlings and spinners die, the easier healing is, and the quicker the drones die, the easier that phase is.

Similar question.

We have good healers and average DPS. Can we go from 95% to kill in P2? average dps is 13-4K 10man.

Quote Originally Posted by burzum View Post
    Similar question.

We have good healers and average DPS. Can we go from 95% to kill in P2? average dps is 13-4K 10man.
    Doubt it. As good as the healers may be, Beth will just keep stacking her thing and healing tanks will just get unbearable. If anything, the tank himself should be getting the boss down to ~92% (or lower) by himself. Tank dps may not seem to matter some times, but in occasions like these anything you can get would help.

But then again, if DPS is only that high because of gear, why not spend 1 hour farming BWD instead of trying on a single boss? Bet DPS would benefit better from many t11 pieces rather than a single piece that may NOT drop.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are more then one ways to "skin the cat" if you will... the above ways work fine for sure as far as priority, but another way (the way my group does it, and it is really easy too ... not that different, but a few tweaks):

Tank + pally healer + arc mage up top (we actually run the exact same healer config as you, 2x R. druid, 1x H. pally).

Tank (the one most comfortable with movement) + both druids + rest of dps below. That tank taunts spinners down (hand of reck), and can easily pull 2-3 spinners down at a time by righteous def. a healer if they are targeted on the same one.

Most of the DPS focus spiderlings > drones. As the tank below, i just grab the spinners on me. They do shit for damage on the ground to a tank and the DPS can easily AoE on the drone to drop them. They mostly die to incidental damage.

Once the final drone comes out, you do a bit of damage to it, then ALL DPS BELOW FOCUS THE LAST 2 SPIDERLING SPAWNS. These groups MUST DIE or beth will eat them, negating any damage your arc mage did up top for the entire rest of the fight. We killed off the drone from ~50% to dead after beth comes down our first few kills till our DPS improved. This means beth should be at about 75% HP and a 6-7 stack of frenzy by the time you get on her with a 50% drone kill once she is down. Then you just stack and burn.
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    But then again, if DPS is only that high because of gear, why not spend 1 hour farming BWD instead of trying on a single boss? Bet DPS would benefit better from many t11 pieces rather than a single piece that may NOT drop.
    Unfortunately it's not a gear issue. Just average players.

Icy veins guides are very useful

Also, try to balance your raid, is good to have a balance number of melee and ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Assign one tank, one healer(paladin for your comp) and one of your dps, i would recommend one of your arcane mages
    2. Assign either the spriest or the elemental shaman to the spiderlings(your other dps are far more efficient at single-target than aoe)
    3. Make sure all classes that are capable(out of shapeshifts and stances) taunt down spinners and the bottom tank picks them up.
    4. Order of ropes: Tank - Healer - Dps
    5. The assigned dps will solely be on spiderlings during the encounter or until the last phase, therefore all other dps should focus on the Spinners - Drone - Spiderlings if all others are down
    6. During the last phase make sure all adds are down, especially spiderlings because beth can suck them up from like 100 yds away
    7. Save raid cooldowns for high frenzy stacks to make better use of them.
    8. Tank swap when necessary(widows kiss)
    9. Healthstones
    10. Win

For our kills our raid comp is as followed:
    Tanks: 2 paladins
    Healers: Disc priest, Holy Priest(or resto druid), Holy Paladin
    Dps: MM Hunter, Arcane Mage, Fury Warrior, Assasination Rogue, Frost Death Knight(me)
    Strat:
    Frost Death Knight on spiderlings, fury warrior and rogue would go up for beth dps along with assigned tank and our holy paladin(we can afford two dps as our dps is in the 25k region for all of us, making drone dps adequate)
    During the phase change into the last phase, all dps killed remaining adds and then stacked with the healers behind boss, tanks then proceeded to their duties, and healers healed and use raid cooldowns when stacks became high(Cooldowns such as Divine Hymn, Barrier, Aura mastery, divine guardian, possible tranquility)
    Last edited by ZZSmokey; 2011-09-02 at 06:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry I found it funny hes asking for help on normal modes.

<infracted>
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-09-02 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Actually its a 'she' not a he. And I find it ridiculous that you take the time to post such a stupid remark. What exactly do you think the forums are for? To ask, yet again, about how to get yourself a girlfriend?

<infracted>
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-09-02 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danaerius View Post
    Actually its a 'she' not a he. And I find it ridiculous that you take the time to post such a stupid remark. What exactly do you think the forums are for? To ask, yet again, about how to get yourself a girlfriend?

<infracted>
    umadbro?

inb4 BANHAMMER INC.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Danaerius View Post
    Please, some assistance from all you pros out there
    We are a 10 man raiding guild, and did fairly well in BWD/BOT. Downed Shannox with no issues, even killed Lord Ryolith and got the achievement after a handful of trys.
    Our issue! - we are having h_ll with Beth'tilac and I am at a loss as to why. I am the RL and we have went over and over and over the basic strats.
    We can't seem to handle the frigging ADDS on the bottom level.
    Even when I put ALL of dps down there, we get wiped right as the third smolder occurs. Note: we DO not have a hunter.
    Here is our makeup for Beth'tilac
    Two Paladin Tanks - ilvl 372
    Two Druid Healers - ilvl 368 and 370 and 1 Paladin Healer ilvl 367
    Five DPS *including me
    Elemental shaman - ilvl 374
    Shadow Priest - ilvl 370
    Arcane Mage - ilvl 371
    Arcane Mage - ilvl 370 *speccd as frost for this fight
    Warlock - ilvl 365

I've been splitting the dps as follows;
    Drones - Me -ele sham and arcane Mage
    Spiderlings - Mage frost, warlock and shadow preist

What! am I doing wrong - please help!
    I was formerly from a Level 25 Guild that the Core 10 Man Team is already working on MajorDomo Heroics and they had 3/7 Heroics. The same core Team managed 7/13 pre FL and I was part of it though I only managed 6/13 with them getting the Bane. But their raid time is now a bit too late for me so I had not done any FL Raids with them and recently moved to a new local guild that is starting to gather local raiders to grind through the FL progressions slowly togather.

Officially, my this new guild is only 2/7 (Shannox and Rhyolith) though we did also down Beth'Tilac with pugs. All I can say is our healers are not strong and usually have to pug so we go for 3 heals to be safe. So far, the only single-shot attempts we had was make up of below composition:

1) 1 x Blood DK Tank, 1 x Restore Druid (PUG) & 1 x Rogue - upstairs
    2) 1 x Warrior Tank, 2 x Restore Shammies, 2 x Hunters (one hunter pug) and 2 x Arcane Mages (one Mage pug)

As for the above set-up. Both Arcane Mages (including myself) priorities on Spinners > Drone while the other 2 Hunters doing Spidlings > Spinners/Drone. As Arcane Mage, we can easily dealt with Spinners but single-target only and if too many left hanging (Mage cannot taunt them down), Mage can only burst them down 1 at a time though Hunters did their part-time taunting as and when. Leaving too many hanging Spinners = MASSIVE AOE Damages = Caster and Healers running OOM easily.

We tried with more than 1 MDPS and we struggle to overcome the Spinners and Drones (one not dead and the other spawned) and if so, the Rogue that was sent upstairs skip one "up phase" and help to tackle the drone down. We dun have this issue with 2 x Arcane Mages, 2 x Hunters or 1 x Hunter and 1 x Shadow Priest. Once we had a Lock with 368 iLvl and he preferred to focus on Drone > Spinners but we still wiped coz he was doing shitty 8-12 DPS and hardly able to down Drone by himself with me (Arcane Mage 372) suffering on Spinners and even had to switch to help zerg Drone.

Perhaps you wanna switch to have both Mages back to Arcane (as per advised by someone already) focusing on Spinners > Drones and the Elemental Shaman togather with Shadow Priest doubling up to slow and AOE Spidlings with the Lock up to help dps the Boss?

With my above set-up, I even occassionaly have time to spare to throw some Blizzard on the Spidlings. Arcane most powerful AOE is no doubt Arcane Explosion but is only a short 10 yards radius which mean the Spidlings had to come close to us before we can Arcane Explode them but the Spidling will do some damages to anyone within 6 yards so we wanna minimise our own damages taken.