Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've been running a Naga for a couple years or so and I love it. Tried the WoW mouse , hated it. Mouse before was the Logitech MX Revolution, great mouse but I love the extra buttons on the Naga.
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

I've used the MX-518 for as far as I can remember and I love it. I recommend it to all of my friends. ( Even though it doesn't have the keybad like the naga )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    avoid anything razer, the current accepted best mouse is the Logitech G9x, although the Saitek R.A.T. 7/9 is growing more and more popular
    Pretty much this. Not only are they expensive, but has some of the worse button positions humanly possible e.g Razer Naga. Where does my thumb go?

I have used a Logitech Mx518 for a year now and its never let me down. Only thing thats showing wear is the logitech badge under your palm. I really have no issues with this mouse at all. Only has 2 extra buttons but thats enough for me. Also Mx518 is extremely cheap compared to other gaming mouses and has imo the best quality

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Where does my thumb go?
    What kind of question is that?

Pretty much this. Not only are they expensive, but has some of the worse button positions humanly possible e.g Razer Naga. Where does my thumb go?

I have used a Logitech Mx518 for a year now and its never let me down. Only thing thats showing wear is the logitech badge under your palm. I really have no issues with this mouse at all. Only has 2 extra buttons but thats enough for me. Also Mx518 is extremely cheap compared to other gaming mouses and has imo the best quality
    Sorry but really? I've owned several different mouses including the razer naga. It's not a bad mouse by any means, sure some people will dislike it, but it was great for any MMO i played. I don't see why people pretty much have to be anti-fan boys for some products, it's not really necessary, the only draw back of razer is the price, beyond that they're pretty fine.

TLDR; Razer is fine if you want to spend the money, if you want to argue that it's not worth the price you could very easily argue that unless you're in the top 1% of 1% of playing any game, spending anything over 10 dollars on a mouse isn't really all that beneficial and not worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Sorry but really? I've owned several different mouses including the razer naga. It's not a bad mouse by any means, sure some people will dislike it, but it was great for any MMO i played. I don't see why people pretty much have to be anti-fan boys for some products, it's not really necessary, the only draw back of razer is the price, beyond that they're pretty fine.

TLDR; Razer is fine if you want to spend the money, if you want to argue that it's not worth the price you could very easily argue that unless you're in the top 1% of 1% of playing any game, spending anything over 10 dollars on a mouse isn't really all that beneficial and not worth the price.
    Razer isn't even fine it you want to spend the money.
    Their buildquality is poor, their comfort is poor, their durability is poor, their ergonomics are so-so.

Being non-biased, they are quite bad. You act as though you're not overly biased, but you're completely taken in by their marketting scheme.
    Having used the naga (now lies in a box somewhere), it's one of the worst mice I've ever laid hands on, and I so much regret buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by charleybwoy View Post
    Did i miss something?

I would say stay away from steelseries but razer :O really? i wanna know more..
    Poor construction quality. Went through 3 Death Adders and a Copperhead all because they constantly had a double clicking problem (mechanical, not a software issue) within 3 weeks of use. No experience with Steelseries products so can't say much there.

G9x atm and happy :]
    New and shiny compppppp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post

they would be well worth the money if they didn't break 5 minutes out of the box

they would be well worth the money if they didn't break 5 minutes out of the box
    My first naga didn't even last 5 minutes

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't really go wrong with any Razor mouse. I've had a Sidewinder for the past... oh... 3 years and it's held up to A LOT. The Naga is a good mouse, from what my friends tell me, but if you don't play a game where you need a lot of skills bound to mouse keys, it's a waste of money, I feel like.

I've got the Razer Naga Molten Edition, and its awesome. It took a little bit to get use to, but if you've had a mouse with buttons on the side (my previous one had 2) then it won't take you too long. The mass amount of buttons makes it a little bit awkward initially, but after about a week or two of use it just feels natural. Other than that, the software is good, but nothing particularly better than other products. I haven't had any issues with it, and have had the mouse for about 5 months, maybe.

Razer Naga. Where does my thumb go?
    Just like with any other mouse with buttons on the side, you use your thumb to press them. If you're not pressing them, you just sit your thumb over the buttons without applying pressure, just like with any other mouse.

Never had one break when i owned it. While i understand that alot of people will say, "oh they break all the time" so do all mouses etc, etc, when you have enough out there. Just because 10 people on these forums say they break within a month doesn't mean that even 10% of them break within a year. It's all subjective and circumstantial anecdotes.
    Last edited by xile; 2011-09-02 at 01:38 AM.

I would strongly recommend the purchase of the Razer Naga, it is a wired mouse that caps at 5600 dpi it uses a laser sensor it is very comfortable if you are right handed. As far as the hotkeys it is by far the best mouse in my opinion there are 2 extra buttons along with a number pad on the side which functions as 1 though =. For FPS games it is very comfortable and precise in its tracking. And as a fellow hon player I can attest that it more than exceded my expectations for how much a gaming mouse could improve HoN gameplay. GLHF

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what anyone says, get the Razer Naga. I'm using the Logitech Mx518 and I wish I had gotten the Naga, theres so much you can do with 12 buttons on the side that you can't with just 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a Naga, and a friend of mine also uses one, and has for awhile. Neither of us have ever had issues with it, and at this point I don't think I could go back to gaming without it. It's just far to useful.

There's a new MX518 I think, I'm never giving up mine even though its all nasty and old. I usually clean it once a year.

Razer Naga is awful, unless you have little baby hands.
    Logitech g700 is just as bad except its heavy.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    There's a new MX518 I think, I'm never giving up mine even though its all nasty and old. I usually clean it once a year.

Razer Naga is awful, unless you have little baby hands.
    Logitech g700 is just as bad except its heavy.
    Even then.

Take my word for it. >>;

10+ Year Old Account
    a little OT, but i think alot of the fanaticism that surrounds the naga is that for a majority of naga owners, it's their first high end gaming mouse, those of use who have had several other gaming mice recognize all the flaws in it, and other razer mice, right button micro-click, required software, and more then 5 buttons to name a few

the big issue most of us have with the naga, is the extra buttons, mice are supposed to have around 5 buttons, no more, the naga is nice for now, but razer wont make it forever, 5-6 years down the line you'll be stuck with a reliance on the naga, and a market of 5 button mice, nearly every peripheral company has come out with crazy stuff loaded with buttons, it never lasts, same thing goes for keyboards, extra macro keys are not needed, few ever really use them

i used to love razer but in last 2 years their quality has dropped significantly. i suggest the Cyborg R.A.T. 7

i've had mine for about 3 months and i'm never swapping out of it .. i may pick up 2 more just in case they stop making them sometime in the future.

btw that's the standard 3 mouse buttons (wheel is 3rd) and 2 thumb buttons (the precision aim button just makes the mouse movement slower for better precision that's yet a 3rd thumb button)
    Last edited by Arteous; 2011-09-02 at 02:12 AM.