Rules in place to reverse ninjaing.

I've never really had to deal with this before, but what happens to a ticket reporting some ninjaing? What has to happen or have happened for them to act on the ticket? And lastly, does anyone know what happens to the items if they do decide it was unfairly ninjaed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Loot rules have to be specifically stated, and then broken. Then I think they just give the item to the person it should have gone to, and no further actions are taken.

I think they only do something if it's on Master Looter and the ML says the rules for loot at the beginning of the raid and doesn't follow the rules.

That could be worded better...but I haven't slept in 2 days, shut up.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it was a scam, then you can get you could possibly get the items, if not, no you can not get them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

When you put in a ticket, a gm chuckles to himself, rolls his eyes at you and then adds some data to your inventory.

The RL has to specify at the beginning of the raid what the loot rules are, MS > OS, MS> AH, etc. If they go against that and give like someone a piece that would be OS for them and MS for you when u won the roll, its ninjaing. Unfortunately, GMs cant give you the item u rightfully deserve so i dont even bother reporting it anymore. Doesnt make me feel any better not knowing if any action was actually taken because GMs cant tell you what action they took.

---------- Post added 2011-09-01 at 10:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    If it was a scam, then you can get you could possibly get the items, if not, no you can not get them.
    Had a nice chat with a GM and he said they dont do restoring of items in any situation such as ninjaing or scamming.

Not trying to to flame blizz, but it legitimately seems to be at their own discretion when they want to give the gear to the rightful owner or not. I've been ninja'd twice, took screenshots of the loot rules, the rolls, and the ninja'ing. They still would not give me the gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

my friend with ML ninja'd voice of reason to my shaman in a pug right after wotlk came out. he took the betrayer of humanity and his tier helm for himself, gave the turning tide to our warlock friend, and the other tier helm to our other friend. baller KT25 loot. we were all in different guilds, so we just said we didn't know him or why he did it (trololol). i'm sure multiple people put in tickets, but none of us ever heard anything from GMs.
    Last edited by k8e; 2011-09-02 at 03:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they say "Free roll on everything" or "MS Free roll" at the start of the instance, but then break what they said, Blizz can reverse the ninjaing.

If they don't say anything, or say "Some items are reserved", Blizzard wont.

As a general rule, when joining a pug ask the master looter the loot rules. If they refuse to answer, don't go.

Everyone else's statements are incorrect.

The gm will not do anything unless this is stated, "MS>OS and the drops will be given to the highest roller".

Just stating MS>OS doesn't bind the raid leader to anything as he never stated who will be given the item.

Google it, there's tons of cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?

Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

As stated before, GM's can only act if very specific things have been done.

1. Loot rules were clearly stated in some form of in game chat.
    2. Those loot rules were broken by the ML.

If these conditions are met and someone brings the situation to the attention of a GM, they will investigate and then report back that due to privacy reasons they cannot tell you what the result of their investigation was. However, if both conditions were actually met, they will remove the loot from the offending player and sometimes issue short vacations (3h to 3d depending on how many violations the individual has).

As for what you need to do, it is quite simple. Just make a ticket and inform the GM of the issue, they will investigate. Minimal pertinent info would be the name of the ML and/or ninja and the item in question. You can add the raid ID and the timestamp of the loot rules and the timestamp of the ninja violation, but these only make the GMs life easier -- since they can look all this up without your help. As for making sure the ninjaing gets punished in the future, it is very important that you get the ML to state the loot rules clearly in some form of game chat. That way if they break the rules, they will be punished.

---------- Post added 2011-09-01 at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AverageForumTroll View Post
    Everyone else's statements are incorrect.

The gm will not do anything unless this is stated, "MS>OS and the drops will be given to the highest roller".

Just stating MS>OS doesn't bind the raid leader to anything as he never stated who will be given the item.

Google it, there's tons of cases.
    And yes, it is important that loot rules are clearly stated. That means they have to explicitly state that loot will be given out following ____(fill in the blank)____ this manner. If they don't explicitly state that what they are referring to is loot distribution, then it's not binding.

When the ML ninja'd my Deathbringer's Will, me and most of the raid opened a ticket for it. We had screen shots of the loot rules and how I obeyed it and all. A few days later, GMs said they'll do something about it, but I will never know what. A few days after that, the ninja is equipped with the DBW. I stopped listening to what GMs said, nothings helpful at all.

Yes, like everyone else is saying the ML has to specify exact, and specific loot rules, and then break that rule, before it is a scam.

Loot rules that are vague you may see and will never be acted upon by a GM:

"Normal loot rules"
    "MS>OS"
    "Free Rolls"

Loot rules that are specific and defined, and will allow the GM to act if broken:

"Loot will be rolled on by people whose main spec can use that item, and the highest roll will receive the loot."

GMs don't recognize MS > OS, so don't put your trust in that if the ML says that. If you don't know the ML then get clearer loot rules or you run the risk of losing your item(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    As stated before, GM's can only act if very specific things have been done.

1. Loot rules were clearly stated in some form of in game chat.
    2. Those loot rules were broken by the ML.

If these conditions are met and someone brings the situation to the attention of a GM, they will investigate and then report back that due to privacy reasons they cannot tell you what the result of their investigation was. However, if both conditions were actually met, they will remove the loot from the offending player and sometimes issue short vacations (3h to 3d depending on how many violations the individual has).

As for what you need to do, it is quite simple. Just make a ticket and inform the GM of the issue, they will investigate. Minimal pertinent info would be the name of the ML and/or ninja and the item in question. You can add the raid ID and the timestamp of the loot rules and the timestamp of the ninja violation, but these only make the GMs life easier -- since they can look all this up without your help. As for making sure the ninjaing gets punished in the future, it is very important that you get the ML to state the loot rules clearly in some form of game chat. That way if they break the rules, they will be punished.

---------- Post added 2011-09-01 at 10:52 PM ----------

And yes, it is important that loot rules are clearly stated. That means they have to explicitly state that loot will be given out following ____(fill in the blank)____ this manner. If they don't explicitly state that what they are referring to is loot distribution, then it's not binding.
    It specifically has to say loot will be given to highest roller or they won't do anything. Trust me, I've asked a gm when this happened to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?

Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Quote Originally Posted by AverageForumTroll View Post
    It specifically has to say loot will be given to highest roller or they won't do anything. Trust me, I've asked a gm when this happened to me.
    What I'm saying is that loot rules whatever they are have to be specific. If you're doing what some people call free rolls, then he has to state that loot will be given to the highest roll.

But there are other loot systems, so whatever they are, the ML has to be explicit in how it's stated. Just to give one example, gold dkp runs -- you had better make sure those rules are well stated, or you may have the entire pot get ninjaed by the ML at the end.

back in icc25 gdkp we had a pot of 189k back in wotlk rl bought like 12 items,

at end of raid he left with the gold, didnt split it out he bought like 30+ items off ah with the gold used them all, he got banned for 3+ months for repeat offences, all items taken and everyone who spent money got there gold back the items that were won were never restored and the items purchased of the ah by the scammer were fine, the people who sold them got to keep there gold as they were an innocent by product of this guys scamming. i should no he bought 3 of thew hogs i had up
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    back in icc25 gdkp we had a pot of 189k back in wotlk rl bought like 12 items,

at end of raid he left with the gold, didnt split it out he bought like 30+ items off ah with the gold used them all, he got banned for 3+ months for repeat offences, all items taken and everyone who spent money got there gold back the items that were won were never restored and the items purchased of the ah by the scammer were fine, the people who sold them got to keep there gold as they were an innocent by product of this guys scamming. i should no he bought 3 of thew hogs i had up
    Stories like this bring a tear to my eye

The solution is simple: forget about it, move on and join a legit pug raid with specifically stated-rules (or with RL/ML with good rep).