The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

So I heard some truly amazing speakers today

No, not AKG, not Sennheiser, nor Samson. A combination of 3 total speakers, 2 Adam Audio ones, and 1 subwoofur from M-Audio.

http://www.samash.com/p/Adam_A7X%20A...ngle_-49947546
    and
    http://www.samash.com/p/M-Audio_SBX1...ofer_-49946307

At not even half input value, I was completely blown away. Crisp crisp sound, clarity, LOUD, and beauty. The guy I was talking to, who is actually the sales manager at the Sam Ash I was at, (long-term customer of the store and his friend) made a point to say how a good subwoofur, you should not HEAR, rather, when it is taken away, you notice the difference. It is there, however in a subtle manner. He turned it off and back on and showed me the difference while listening to one of my favorite songs I wanted to test on these things, I was mind-blown. Being a drummer, I'd love to be able to use these over the crappy lower-wattage Sony stereo systems I have setup around my drumset that I have to kick nearly to full just to hear, these things were so loud that at half volume, you'd hear them quite well over my drumset. Gaming and listening to music on these would be amazing too. What do you audiophiles think? (I know we have some!)

Also, the guy showed me some headphones from Shure that make even Sennheiser and AKG look worse, thoughts?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Also, the guy showed me some headphones from Shure that make even Sennheiser and AKG look worse, thoughts?
    I bet you haven't heard burned AKG/Sennheiser +$100 headphones. Most high end headphones sound crap at the beginning and then greatly improve after 100-200 hours of listening.

Yup, and M-Audio is an awesome company. Shure is a good company too, but I feel they are stronger in the in-canal/earbud market. Not that don't have good products elsewhere. Their SE115's I have are a good stand in until I fix my UE TripleFi 10s.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I bet you haven't heard burned AKG/Sennheiser +$100 headphones. Most high end headphones sound crap at the beginning and then greatly improve after 100-200 hours of listening.
    Nor did I listen to the Shure ones, I'm a bit away from a purchase, just now looking at my options. However those two monitors and subwoofur, I was drooling at, I'll be honest.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water