Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

I hate my cats...

tl;dr... since this has more pages than people are willing to read, to sum it all up... my cats were stressed from the crazy weather and probably mad that I stuck them in the basement. They don't have a UTI, don't suffer from a lack of clean and plentiful litter boxes, and on a normal day they don't go to the bathroom outside of their boxes. They are all healthy and happy cats and were not punished for pissing on my laundry. However, it stank to high hell and definitely inspired a why me/why bother moment, which resulted in this RANT. I'm not sure why I need to point out the obvious, but I did not and will not actually BBQ my cats. Nor would I ever get rid of them, as I see adopting pets as a serious commitment, and it would simultaneously break my kids' hearts. Thanks for the good time, my towels survived, and my cats are still living.

Why... WHY... pee on a pile of laundry instead of in the litter box that is less than ten feet away??? Stupid animals!!! I put those bastards in the basement where I do laundry during the hurricane to keep them safe (making sure they don't get outside) and they peed on a pile of towels. I'm now in the process of cleaning up the disgusting mess and soaking/washing it all in the wash with vinegar and it. is. so. disgusting. I hate my cats.

Why do I even have cats? When I lived in a city, we had mice... so we got a cat. It worked out great. Then the cat later got fat and lazy and depressed, so I thought getting him a buddy would cheer him up and make him happier and healthier. So I respond to an ad for free kittens, and when I get to this woman's house, the place is FILTHY. There were two of the cutest kittens I've ever seen completely COVERED in fleas. I took both. Yes, cat #1 is no longer a useless fat lump, the cats all love each other and have a good time... but they pissed on my fucking laundry.

I swear I'm having BBQ cat for dinner. >.>

*Edited to add for those of you that can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread before commenting... No, the cat doesn't have a UTI. Yes, the litterbox downstairs was clean. Yes, the cats were probably stressed/pissed off. I still hate my cats, at least for as long as it takes to get the piss smell out of my towels. I will hate them even longer if I end up having to spend money buying new towels.

Mod Edit: Alright I suppose everything has been said in 6 pages - since I don't see an actual question by the OP the responses can vary a lot. Locking it now. @OP, if there's anything you actually want to discuss please PM me. (Magekid)
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-09-03 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    Why... WHY... pee on a pile of laundry instead of in the litter box that is less than ten feet away??? Stupid animals!!! I put those bastards in the basement where I do laundry during the hurricane to keep them safe (making sure they don't get outside) and they peed on a pile of towels. I'm now in the process of cleaning up the disgusting mess and soaking/washing it all in the wash with vinegar and it. is. so. disgusting. I hate my cats.

Why do I even have cats? When I lived in a city, we had mice... so we got a cat. It worked out great. Then the cat later got fat and lazy and depressed, so I thought getting him a buddy would cheer him up and make him happier and healthier. So I respond to an ad for free kittens, and when I get to this woman's house, the place is FILTHY. There were two of the cutest kittens I've ever seen completely COVERED in fleas. I took both. Yes, cat #1 is no longer a useless fat lump, the cats all love each other and have a good time... but they pissed on my fucking laundry.

I swear I'm having BBQ cat for dinner. >.>
    They did it because they knew it would piss you off more than just about anything at that exact moment in time.

Cats FTW!

mmm bbq cat

I hate cats too, had a few growing up and they were always dumb and useless. My dog is so much better, it does as it's told.

Deleted
    Unless you have budget problems...

Shit happens.

They did it because they knew it would piss you off
    Pun intended?

Deleted
    This is why you get a dog. They are trainable, not to mention that they even want to please you.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    If they pee or poo someplace other than their litterbox, check if the litterbox is clean. If they still do it, try putting food near the place they violated, like right next to it. A cat will never eat and crap the same place. Unless it's either retarded or moronic.

Oh, and you can easily train a cat, it just might not work, where as it will always work with a dog (if you know what you are doing). My two cats, come when I call, can do a few tricks, no where to go, and where not to go, they know what a few commands mean, and they talk, not like the usual meow-meow, but they try to immitate my voice, or rather tone of voice.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    This is why you get a dog. They are trainable, not to mention that they even want to please you.
    Cat's are very trainable. I have a cat that's 18, and she hasn't pissed on anything except her litter box in like, 16 years.

Train your cats better.

Deleted
    you need to learn the cars where to pee first man, its easy and you will not have that problem again =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Peeing outside the litterbox, especially on soft things, can be a sign of various problems. I'd take them to the vet and make sure they don't have crystals or blockages, especially if they're male.

If they're unaltered they may also have been marking (yes some continue to mark after being fixed, but it's much more prevalent in intact animals).

But yeah, when you got the companion animal as a convenience thing, somehow I'm not surprised you don't enjoy it. Even those I know with barn cats care about them in a way, even if it's different than a total pet.
    Last edited by Tribunal; 2011-09-02 at 04:09 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    If they pee or poo someplace other than their litterbox, check if the litterbox is clean. If they still do it, try putting food near the place they violated, like right next to it. A cat will never eat and crap the same place. Unless it's either retarded or moronic.

Oh, and you can easily train a cat, it just might not work, where as it will always work with a dog (if you know what you are doing). My two cats, come when I call, can do a few tricks, no where to go, and where not to go, they know what a few commands mean, and they talk, not like the usual meow-meow, but they try to immitate my voice, or rather tone of voice.
    I don't know about the whole food and crapper thing really. I've had a number of cats who crapped in their food bowls before, even when there was food. I guess they just hated it or something. Than again, I'm inclined to believe that there isn't a single thing a cat actually likes other than complete worship.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

It was a brand new cleaned out litterbox... I know all the tricks, the oldest cat had a UTI years ago and we had to retrain him to use it since he was afraid of it for a while after he got sick. It's been a long time since it's been an issue. I think maybe they were just out of their element, normally they live upstairs with us where they DON'T pee outside of the box. I just didn't want to risk going outside and having them run out under my feet during a major storm.

I love dogs too, but they're even more expensive and require more attention. I already have kids to manage lol...

Ew, though. Yes, shit happens, and I'm pissed off. (lol) /rolleyes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    I've had a number of cats who crapped in their food bowls before, even when there was food.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    Peeing outside the litterbox, especially on soft things, can be a sign of various problems. I'd take them to the vet and make sure they don't have crystals or blockages, especially if they're male.

If they're unaltered they may also have been marking.
    This is definitely a possibility. Usually when a cat goes outside the litter box, it's trying to tell you something. Either something is wrong with the cat (as in it's sick), or it's angry about something you did (as in you moved its litter box, just an example), or it's just plain scared. You put them in the basement during the hurricane, you said? Is that when they peed on the towels?

Really, they could've just been scared and hiding and accidentally urinated. I've had my cat for six years, and every time I put him in the cat carrier and take him in the car, he pees. Not entirely sure if it's because he's pissed at me for taking him in the car, or he's just so damn terrified that it's a consequence. But these things happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    It was a brand new cleaned out litterbox... I know all the tricks, the oldest cat had a UTI years ago and we had to retrain him to use it since he was afraid of it for a while after he got sick. It's been a long time since it's been an issue. I think maybe they were just out of their element, normally they live upstairs with us where they DON'T pee outside of the box. I just didn't want to risk going outside and having them run out under my feet during a major storm.

I love dogs too, but they're even more expensive and require more attention. I already have kids to manage lol...

Ew, though. Yes, shit happens, and I'm pissed off. (lol) /rolleyes

Hmm, this is a much better post than the O.P., I almost felt like you actually didn't like them before.
    They probably were just scared/confused/slightly ticked.

They're shitheads sometimes, but they're adorable shitheads sometimes too c:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    and still you can hit a dog for years, and its still with you? can you call that a good freind? no, that's what i call stupid, what about a cat? if the cat dosent like to be with you, it runs away, and prolly not comes back (some do mkay?)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This past January I found a stray cat digging in a compost pile by my chicken coop (I live in the country btw)... this poor creature was skin and bones He was very friendly, though, so I took him, got him checked out at the vet, and we pulled a zillion ticks off the poor fellow.

Seven months on, he's more than doubled his weight, and he's quite friendly still. Only one main issue: He liked to pee on the couch. Luckily the couch is leather - so it doesn't soak in - but I've been unable to train this out of him. This rules him out as a regular indoor/outdoor cat, so he's relegated to being outside except when watched carefully. He's also peed on vinyl bean bags (annoying, but even easier to clean up).

I think he's probably about 14-15 months old at this point. Anyone have any ideas on how to get him to stop peeing on furniture?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    mmm bbq cat

I hate cats too, had a few growing up and they were always dumb and useless. My dog is so much better, it does as it's told.
    or maybe you didnt diciplined the cats? cats arent dumb and useless , in fact the one who is saying they are dumb and useless might be a bit more dumb and useless than the cats ? just maybe
    Last edited by mmoc429ae08c58; 2011-09-02 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post

If they're unaltered they may also have been marking (yes some continue to mark after being fixed, but it's much more prevalent in intact animals).

But yeah, when you got the companion animal as a convenience thing, somehow I'm not surprised you don't enjoy it. Even those I know with barn cats care about them in a way, even if it's different than a total pet.
    It's not a UTI. If it were, I would be at the vet instead of bitching about it here. Ever since (years ago) my cat got a UTI and cost me about 2k in emergency vet bills, it's been nothing but special diet wet food ever since... even for the other cats, because if I have any dry food at all in the house, he will find it and eat until he pukes. Believe me, well versed in the blockage thing.

All three of them are fixed, have been since before we even moved into the place we live now, years ago.

It wasn't so much a convenience thing. The apartment we used to live in didn't allow pets at all... when the mice started showing up and we did everything we could to get rid of them and nothing worked, we adopted a cat ANYWAY. Don't get me wrong, I usually love cats... they all live very healthy happy lives here (they have children to snuggle with that play with them and blahblahblah).

But today, I hate them. HATE.

...it's angry about something you did (as in you moved its litter box, just an example), or it's just plain scared. You put them in the basement during the hurricane, you said? Is that when they peed on the towels?
    Yeah, that.
    Last edited by Taygete; 2011-09-02 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyggyr View Post
    This past January I found a stray cat digging in a compost pile by my chicken coop (I live in the country btw)... this poor creature was skin and bones He was very friendly, though, so I took him, got him checked out at the vet, and we pulled a zillion ticks off the poor fellow.

Seven months on, he's more than doubled his weight, and he's quite friendly still. Only one main issue: He liked to pee on the couch. Luckily the couch is leather - so it doesn't soak in - but I've been unable to train this out of him. This rules him out as a regular indoor/outdoor cat, so he's relegated to being outside except when watched carefully. He's also peed on vinyl bean bags (annoying, but even easier to clean up).

I think he's probably about 14-15 months old at this point. Anyone have any ideas on how to get him to stop peeing on furniture?
    get one of those bottles where you can spray water with it, (the refillable ones) and everytime the cat wee wee on that place you dosent want it to, spray some water on him =), dosent hurt, and he learn from it, shuldent be to bad =) (and dont drown the poor cat lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    or maybe you didnt diciplined the cats? cast arent dumb and useless , in fact the one who is saying they are dumb and useless might be a bit more dumb and useless than the cats ? just maybe
    You must be the crazy cat lady if you need to get personal for someone saying something you don't like about your precious cats.