Poll: Too far?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    How much people will still "suck it" and accept and even defend them.. what they do is morally wrong and against all morality terms, too bad morality doesn't pay checks..
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    How much people will still "suck it" and accept and even defend them.. what they do is morally wrong and against all morality terms, too bad morality doesn't pay checks..
    Thank you, Confucius. Morality doesn't make fun games, Blizzard makes fun games. And able to sell items and characters to people who are too lazy to play the game is icing on the cake. "Suck it".

I love the deal about the Auction House so far.

Really Really sad how everyone here crys about all of these things that will be in Diablo 3 that ARE ALLREADY IN DIABLO 2. For the past 3 weeks iv leveled 3 toons in diablo 2 and sold them on d2jsp. Its not new stop crying about it.

People will still buy this game. Doesn't matter if you do or don't due to your 'morale' about video games. And the fact is in a few months of release you'll get sites like D3JSP all over again. Unavoidable. So it's nice that the blizz team actually embraced it and created the RMAH. Better than people getting hacked and shit due to 3rd party sites.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirNoirNoir View Post
    People will still buy this game. Doesn't matter if you do or don't due to your 'morale' about video games. And the fact is in a few months of release you'll get sites like D3JSP all over again. Unavoidable. So it's nice that the blizz team actually embraced it and created the RMAH. Better than people getting hacked and shit due to 3rd party sites.
    Im sorry but did you just compare d2jsp with a item selling site? Need to go do your reasearch bro. JSP is nothing of the sort, its the auction house that diablo 2 never had. No money changes hands.

gimme MOAR MONIEZZZ!!!! (╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ . this crap is stupid.

Yeah D3 is going too far. But in all the mess around D3 now, more attention is going to the once dubbed "D3 clone": Torchlight ..

Torchlight 2 is quickly pacing ahead of D3, in my opinion, by refusing a RL currency auction house, and allowing the game to be played -- OFFLINE!

Yep offline, they said that they are OK with offline LAN multiplayer games, thus indirectly allowing limited piracy. Devs response? They aren't concerned, because people who play offline for free are more inclined to buy the retail box in order to play online. I like that approach - shows their confidence in their product, which looks pretty freakin good. .. and always needing to be online just to play locally with friends only is kind of silly anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, this reminds me of a friend of mine who bought the MTG game for the xbox, then paid extra to get all the decks unlocked without having to play through the game. His excuse was that he didn't have enough time to go through the game and get them all...but then he had enough time to play with those decks unlocked so why couldn't he have gone through the game himself? It's just pure laziness, if you can't play a game because you don't have the time, that's fair enough, but don't use it as an excuse to buy a character, or the best gear. Some will claim "yes, but i want to just breeze through the story with an OP character"...so why play? Why not go and read the wiki entry on it? It'd be faster and less expensive than playing through the game, even with your new overly powered character/gear. It doesn't make sense on any level other than that of receiving a cheap thrill, an instant gratification.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    meh, sounds pretty lame.

How about this, make Diablo 3 free and maybe I'll be fine with all of this.
    Now this is attitude I hate. One little thing that wont even affect you and you want game for free. Wake up please.

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    Yeah D3 is going too far. But in all the mess around D3 now, more attention is going to the once dubbed "D3 clone": Torchlight ..

Torchlight 2 is quickly pacing ahead of D3, in my opinion, by refusing a RL currency auction house, and allowing the game to be played -- OFFLINE!

Yep offline, they said that they are OK with offline LAN multiplayer games, thus indirectly allowing limited piracy. Devs response? They aren't concerned, because people who play offline for free are more inclined to buy the retail box in order to play online. I like that approach - shows their confidence in their product, which looks pretty freakin good. .. and always needing to be online just to play locally with friends only is kind of silly anyways.
    Dont advertise for another game. Diablo 2 characters are bought and sold wether for forum gold, ingame items or hard cast, shit i sold a 94 pally on current d2 ladder for forum gold not even 3 days ago.

People please stop qqing about shit that has been going on in diablo since the game came out, your acting like OMFG THIS IS NEW I HATE IT. Its been here, youv been dealing or effected by it if youv ever played the game with other people. Please stop the qq about such insignificant things such as this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fake.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Dont advertise for another game. Diablo 2 characters are bought and sold wether for forum gold, ingame items or hard cast, shit i sold a 94 pally on current d2 ladder for forum gold not even 3 days ago.

People please stop qqing about shit that has been going on in diablo since the game came out, your acting like OMFG THIS IS NEW I HATE IT. Its been here, youv been dealing or effected by it if youv ever played the game with other people. Please stop the qq about such insignificant things such as this.
    So basically you made an accusation of advertising and then went back to advertising D3 by telling everyone else to "stop the qq", essentially trying to halt discussion. I agree with the OP that the mentioned AH policies are bad and offered an alternative solution.

My response was to the OP. I think it is not good for the gaming industry to be able to buy items, gold, and now entire characters. Why does someone even buy a video game if they don't want to play it? /boggle!

Anyways I mentioned another title because that is an example of how D3 should have been. You see, other companies like Runic still love to write amazing games, while others like Blizzard now only see them as a way to make oodles of money by not only selling the game, but also by corrupting it with options to be elite with a big credit card. If it is successful, you do realize that this corruption will spread to other games? I seriously hope people realize what it is they are supporting.

You make it sound like everyone bought items in D2, which is not true, not by a longshot. A few did, the vast majority did not, from people I know (myself included) and others that played. Whenever you make something convenient to buy in a game, the more people will buy it, more than ever before. This is why I think that D3 is poison for the video game market.

It has good graphics and quests though, from various videos. But hopefully you get my drift. It could have been a dream game, now to me it's going to be somewhere in the middle with everything else.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-09-12 at 09:57 AM. Reason: grammar, spacing

Quote Originally Posted by Steavz View Post
    True, if Blizzard gets too focused on profits and it distracts them from making quality games, people will no longer buy them. There will be others that will gladly step into their slot as industry leaders. It will always be in the players hands as to what games are the best.
    If? They've been focused on profits for a while now. It all started when they started charging people for things they said they would never implement like PvE to PvP transfers, character changes, the Blizzard store, etc... That began the slow degradation of WoW.

Deleted
    By all means, don't like it don't come.

Im just gonna dungeoncrawl with my friends and enjoy myself, who cares what everyone else does. I'm sure i'll be having tons of fun.

The one thing that irks me is how blizzard claimed "they dont expect to make a profit with the RMAH" and then in the next paragraph they explain how they'll charge you 3 times. Once for putting stuff on the AH, a cut from what you got for that item, and once again if you want to transfer that money to your paypal account.
    Players who think they can "make a living" playing D3 are so delusional its funny. The only people profiting from the RMAH are going to be botters and chinese companies where employees play 14 hours a day for 50 cent per hour. The only things that'll be worth more than a few dollars will be 0.0000001% drops and max level characters. There'll still be botters and hackers, except now blizzard makes a profit from them. Illegal sites wont dissappear either, because there will be sites that want to make more profit without giving blizzard a cut.

I'll see how the game turns out. If its genuinely fun and has lots of character costumization I'll probably play it, but the RMAH has seriously turned me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    May be a decent way to retire characters once you are done with the game. Wish WoW had the option to be honest.

sounds lame and ruins the game

10+ Year Old Account
    RMAH is the best thing that happened to gaming so far.

How is it affecting you? D3 is not even MMO. Are you actually complaining that you can sell the character you no longer play or all the characters when you are quitting the game? Or when extra rare item drops that is not for your class and you can sell it and make some real money out of it? Im not one of those guys who are saying: Im gonna make shit loads of money out of this, i wont even have to go to work! I probably wont ever sell anything and im not that rich and crazy to actually buy stuff for real money, but i still think its just the next level of gaming, blizzard is first to realize it and they will get fucking ridiculously rich and even more famous for it... and they deserve it.
    Last edited by Boogar; 2011-09-12 at 02:25 PM.