Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Games where decisions made affect the game.

Hey guys, I am looking for a game where my actions will shop through the game, are there any?

Thanks a lot

Regards

PC only games.
    Last edited by mmoc14078b6a18; 2011-09-02 at 04:05 PM.

Catherine.

Insane game, amazing humor and extremely fun. Has 8 different endings depending on how you react to certain things, and the choices you make.

Deleted
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution. <3

Silent Hill 2.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The Witcher 1 and 2. Fable 1-3. Dragon Age 1-2. Mass Effect 1-2 uhm and probably a lot of others. Oh yeah Fallout 1-3 (plus New Vegas). Silent Hill 1-5, Heavy Rain... uhm..

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Everything you do when handling missions and quests changes how the rest of the game plays out for you.

Mass Effect 1 + 2
    Dragon age: Origins
    Dragon Age II (not so much tho)

SWKOTOR
    SWKOTOR2

Deleted
    Faranheight.

God, I can't spell that word - epic game though. Heavy Rain, DX:HR, and everything Venzir listed

Well in SW:KotOR, certain decisions you make will affect the game-story-telling. Since you can decide to be good or bad and all.

Mass Effect 1 2 and soon 3. great games. First one was a little rough around the edges but the 2nd is AMAZING and the 3rd one looks orgasmic. Before your character even speaks you choose what he/she says and can change your game play significantly

Deleted
    If you have a DS, Play Rune Factory 3, can always get an emulator for it! One of the best games I've played for DS - actually stuck it out till the end.

I've also heard good things about Chrono Trigger and Maple Story.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fable? yeah, right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed no one mentioned Fallout 3 or new vegas. both where your actions pretty much build the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krios View Post
    Dragon age: Origins
    Dragon Age II (not so much tho)
    There are only a few big decisions and they're pretty obvious. Little conversational decisions are vast majority you get one panel or scene of different 'reaction' and then get funneled straight back to the script, something that was annoyingly obvious playing through both of them pretty back to back this last month or so.

Yes they certainly still fit in the category, but I don't know if I'd call them strong examples (although I'll certainly agree that Origins has more options/consequences than 2. Half the time the bugs in 2 affect your gameplay more than the choices do, sadly!).

Edit: I haven't played Heavy Rain yet (it's on the long, long list) but I've heard good things, and it is pretty much designed to be "that type of game". Might be worth looking at. I just hope it doesn't have the "we're pretending to let you pick"/"there are exactly 3 endings and very clear paths with only 1-2 decisions that actually count to get to each of them" problems.
    Last edited by Tribunal; 2011-09-02 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    Just to make it clear, I am looking for a PC game.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekbustarz View Post
    I'm amazed no one mentioned Fallout 3 or new vegas. both where your actions pretty much build the story.
    I did mention every fallout game :s

---------- Post added 2011-09-02 at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Betatest View Post
    Just to make it clear, I am looking for a PC game.
    And just about every game listed (aside from Heavy Rain and Fable 2) is a pc game

---------- Post added 2011-09-02 at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    There are only a few big decisions and they're pretty obvious. Little conversational decisions are vast majority you get one panel or scene of different 'reaction' and then get funneled straight back to the script, something that was annoyingly obvious playing through both of them pretty back to back this last month or so.

Yes they certainly still fit in the category, but I don't know if I'd call them strong examples (although I'll certainly agree that Origins has more options/consequences than 2. Half the time the bugs in 2 affect your gameplay more than the choices do, sadly!).

Edit: I haven't played Heavy Rain yet (it's on the long, long list) but I've heard good things, and it is pretty much designed to be "that type of game". Might be worth looking at. I just hope it doesn't have the "we're pretending to let you pick"/"there are exactly 3 endings and very clear paths with only 1-2 decisions that actually count to get to each of them" problems.
    Heavy Rain is amazing. Only bad thing is the controling, you either have to use the wii thing, or some really... odd button mashing. But there are 10 or something different endings and ways to end the game. It's really good, though the voice acting is a bit meh. Oh and bugs in Da2, never saw any tbh.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2011-09-02 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    Baldur's Gate 2
    Planescape Torment

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcotix729 View Post
    Fable? yeah, right.
    Granted, there was only one story, and doing bad stuff resulted in the same as doing good stuff, but still, you had to pick.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Heavy Rain is amazing. Only bad thing is the controling, you either have to use the wii thing, or some really... odd button mashing. But there are 10 or something different endings and ways to end the game. It's really good, though the voice acting is a bit meh. Oh and bugs in Da2, never saw any tbh.
    That's good to hear, it might have just gotten moved up the list some... although I don't have the Eye thing, so I hope the button mashing isn't tooo awkward.

As for DA2 bugs, I made it through almost completely unscathed in one playthrough (had to go revisit areas a few times to be able to turn in one or two quests, had to restart the game over sound issues once, couldn't complete Merill's companion quest (that was the one semi-big one), etc). All of the aforementioned bugs seemed pretty well known when googled looking for solutions.

Then on the next go through, the bugs started earlier, including being unable to get Isabella as a companion because I couldn't enter the chantry at one point to complete a quest. That one didn't even have any "this might fix it"s. Annoying as shit.

This was PS3 though, I'd venture to guess the PC version gets a little more bug-fixy type attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Ocean, for PSX, has 82 endings based on what you did during the game. I'm pretty sure you can find a good PSX emulator on google. (At least, I hope so, it has been a while since the last time I played PSX games on PC)

---------- Post added 2011-09-02 at 01:38 PM ----------

Not sure if it was mentioned, by Heavy Rain creator has an old PC game very similar to it, called Indigo Prophecy.