resto druid haste break points

hey guys i was wondering for my alt resto druid at what amount of haste should i sto and reforege mastery...im at 1820 haste right now help please :] sorry

---------- Post added 2011-09-02 at 08:23 PM ----------

should i lower my haste to a certain point and reforge mastery or?

all of the answers you seek are clearly presented in the sticky.

im not too good with the chart

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen this?

http://theincbear.com/math/resto-haste-breakpoints

Hope you get something usefull from it And in case you don't, get to 2005 haste rating unbuffed, that will give you a lot of benefits
    Last edited by Ica; 2011-09-03 at 03:32 AM.

2005 is the big haste breakpoint for extra tick on wild growth/eff assuming your have 5% haste raid buff from s-priest/boomkin/shaman.

Failing that the other haste break points are rediculously high/low, as said it's all in the sticky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshadow View Post
    what amount of haste should i sto and reforege mastery...im at 1820 haste
    Depends on your gear. If its too hard to reach the higher cap (theres two, most people just think about the higher one though) you're better off reforging out of haste until you're just over the lower cap, and then going for throughput (mastery). In between the two caps haste is useless, as well as any above the bigger cap.

As for the numbers, 2005 and 916 are what you're looking for, but this is assuming you have a boomkin/shaman/spriest in your raid.

Hand-holding aside, there's many guides out there for resto. Read into them a bit more and stuff like this will be very clear to you. Not every guide is written in nothing but calculations, quite a few are made "for dummies" really, so it shouldn't be very hard to figure things out. Confused by a chart? Read the paragraphs above/below it.
    Last edited by Jeffyjimbob; 2011-09-03 at 03:40 AM.

Deleted
    Hi mate, 2 things. Do you raid on this alt and have a warlock in your group? and a player than can give a 5% haste buff.

Heres a run down of the haste break points and what they require to work.

For a 6th rejuvination tick-

917 haste rating WITH 5% haste buff in your raid/party.

1603 WITHOUT a 5% haste buff.

Wild growth and efflorence extra tick -

1573 haste rating WITH 5% haste buff AND dark intent from a warlock (3% haste).

2005 haste WITH 5% haste buff and no dark intent.

2745 WITHOUT 5% haste buff and no dark intent. < I think this point is unreachable. and even if it was you would sacrafice alot of int and mastery and crit to get there.

I will wait for you to reply with what your usual raiding setup is on your druid before I suggest a haste point.

---------- Post added 2011-09-03 at 10:35 AM ----------

Ok, looking at your current gear I assume your not raiding in firelands on that char? I'd suggest going for 1603 haste. This means that you get a extra tick of rejuv without the haste buff. so if your in HC's and there is not hate buff your healing will not suffer. Plus, becuase you are past 1573 haste rating if means if you have a warlock in your group and he gives you dark intent and there is a 5% haste buff. you will then have enough haste rating for wild growth and efflorence.
    Last edited by mmoccc502d23f4; 2011-09-03 at 09:36 AM.

yea hes my alt and i pug raids with him mostly.
    thanks for the haste breakdown Lunarpower :]

10+ Year Old Account
    The sticky doesn't just give the chart, it explains exactly what % you need.

You want to strive for at least 12.51%, aiming at 21.5% to get your Wg/ efflor ticks in. The next break point we can aim for is 36% and probably not obtainable until at least next tier. Remember, we no longer want 916 but 917 to grab that tranq tick. Don't perfect your gear and miss out.
    So, look at the chart and see what buffs you have. If you only have the 5% raid buff, look down that to 21.5%(2005) and that's what you want to be at. If you can't get that look down to 12.51%(917) and that's what you want.

If you get DI, have no raid buffs, or get DI and the 5%, find that at the top and go back to the %s and it will show you what you need.