Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappyjoe View Post
    Heh, wish I would've known that. Also, I wiped a few times on this simply because I had no idea what to expect and figured it would just be some fun, extra quest line. It was fun, but quite a bit more difficult than anticipated.
    I'd rather it be difficult than easy Makes it more fun and memorable.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Deleted
    I did this quest last week, was a pain in the as, but I finally did it after 2 hours screwing around.
    I saved me a lot of trouble by taking a other spec http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hbuhGRfkdGZbhMZb

the dungoen wasn't a real problem, just snare and burn them down, case of emergency TS them away
    The only problem was the boss.

Glyph of stoneclaw totem is a blessing here together with grounding totem, this gives a little time to cast a GHW or 2 and don't forget to unterrupt the boss as much as possible.
    Next to that pay attention to avoid the fire beam (duh?!) and kill the ads ASAP!, again snare and TS are you big friends for the ads.
    Pop Hero/BL in the beginning with a nice prepot and keep your head cool, I alwys tend to die at the end because of tunnel vision in combo with lesss then 50% health.

Deleted
    At first I thought there was a mechanic for the boss encounter at the end (one that I did not understand^^).
    After 2 wipes I googled the name of the boss and found some quite entertaining whine and flame posts concerning the flawed design and impossibility of the fight xD

This changed my mind, I respecced into more dmg reduction and heal output/income. worked for me, third try was easier by far.
    Spiritwalker's Grace is just great to heal from 20% to 100% hp during the breath attack. Adds need to be killed asap, but thats self explanatory I think.

I rly dont know if this encounter is hard to finish as elemental - just can't imagine how this works for Owls. afaik they can't purge, can't disrupt (exept of solar beam and knockback) and have to switch out of moonkin to heal. (seems impossble to out-dps the heal buff)

It sounds way harder to me ^^ 5sec interrupt and grounding + stoneclaw + SwG make this encounter kind of easy.
    locks have to cope with the fucked up pet mechanic (y, ele too, but we are used to the stupidity of the fire ele);
    shadow has no rly hard time I guess, maybe like ele with stronger bubble, no interrupt but passive selfheal;
    mages are a joke... thanks to spellsteal - talked to one, he had no idea that this boss might cause trouble for others x(

Imo the design favors mages, but ele shouldn't be too bad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Not an elemental shaman doing this quest, but someone who likes soloing old content, and I find enhance so much better for soloing, surviving and self-healing.
    Wouldn't it be easier to do this quest as enhance, or you need to actively use the staff during it?
    The short answer, no. The boss doesn't always move into melee range, so you get pretty sol then.

I didn't notice it mentioned, but in the section with the floating platforms, the green orbs on the inside of the platform are basically healing items. Click them to heal yourself when you are taking out the guys on the other platforms.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I found the boss fight to be hard with my pve talents, but once i switched to pvp talents it became alot easier. I opted to have earth living on my weapon so that i could get a quick heal of and boost a bigger heal at the same time. My fire elemental kept dancin in the fire and dieing so i stopped even dropping him. I also thought that going enhance would be an easy win, but isnt lol. The boss can be interrupted the first time to get him to move into melee range but after that first round he never comes close enough again.

All in all a tough fight.

I've spent about 6 hours on this, and the best I have gotten him to is 700k or so. I have had 3 RL friends try it, 2 of which play Shaman, and the best anyone could manage after an hour was 375k. I've even changed my talent build to focus survival talents. NOTHING works on this fight. It appears completely broken for Ele.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not. It's just deliberately unforgiving.

He can't hit you with Twilight Blast. If he does, and Wind Shear or Grounding Totem are off CD, you're not doing it right.

If he DOES hit you (and he will) you need to heal when you can. I had something close to 500k healing done in the fight.

He needs to have his healing buff purged ASAP. If it's on for more than a couple seconds, you're doing it wrong.

The adds need to die or be controlled ASAP. While maintaining interrupts/grounding on the boss, and heals.

It's a lot to juggle, but it's by no means impossible. They meant for this to be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not. It's just deliberately unforgiving.

He can't hit you with Twilight Blast. If he does, and Wind Shear or Grounding Totem are off CD, you're not doing it right.

If he DOES hit you (and he will) you need to heal when you can. I had something close to 500k healing done in the fight.

He needs to have his healing buff purged ASAP. If it's on for more than a couple seconds, you're doing it wrong.

The adds need to die or be controlled ASAP. While maintaining interrupts/grounding on the boss, and heals.

It's a lot to juggle, but it's by no means impossible. They meant for this to be hard.
    I just have no clue where to go from here. I'm physically incapable of the juggling/luck required for this. I don't think continually wiping to him at 1m health is doing me much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorn View Post
    I just have no clue where to go from here. I'm physically incapable of the juggling/luck required for this. I don't think continually wiping to him at 1m health is doing me much good.
    Then you should give up really. This isn't as hard as you make it seem really, keep in mind that once Tarecgosa gives you a buff, go insane with dmg and just do any kind of CC on adds that may come while you have the buff.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd record a video if someone let me use their account (I already turned the quest in -- I wish we could get back and do it again though).
    Last edited by Nitrix; 2011-09-26 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrix View Post
    I'd record a video if someone let me use their account (I already turned the quest in -- I wish we could get back and do it again though ).
    Yeah let's not do this. As per WoW's TOS, we don't support that here, either.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Yeah let's not do this. As per WoW's TOS, we don't support that here, either.
    I edited the smiley faces out of my post because you make me sad.

I know, a video would be cool.

But if people say "but MMO-Champion said it was cool because they wanted a video!"
    ... yeah we're not getting blamed for anything lol.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it's understandable.

Seriously though, if you need help and you can broadcast the fight, let me know via Skype/PMs or something and I'll watch it and give hints in a case-by-case basis.
    Last edited by Nitrix; 2011-09-26 at 04:52 AM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, the boss was quite easy IMO. Only wiped on it once since I didnt realize I had to Purge the healing shit and had Earth Ele on CD.

Here's what I did:
    Pot + BL at the start and burn the boss as much as you can, drop a supercharged Fire Ele at the stairs.
    Keep burning + interupting + purging the boss. Toss 1 fast Healing Surge whenever you get hit, no need to heal to full just make sure you dont die.
    First breath = SWG + GHW spam yourself to full while trying to keep some DPS on the boss.
    Redrop FE if its dead, along with EE to back him up... They should be able to handle the adds on their own pretty much.
    Just burn down the boss and he should be dead around the time he uses his breath-attack the 2nd time.

I didnt bother with Stoneclaw or Grounding as they cost a GCD and using them means less DPS on the boss. Doesnt matter if you go to around 50% hp since you can just heal to full during the breath attack.

The questline as a whole was quite challenging as it should be. I felt a little good about myself once I had finished it

I tried doing this last night and found it rather hard. Especially the gauntlet. (not so hard if you don't run in with her.)
    after loosing my internet connection I went to sleep.

The morning after I gave it another try. Wiped only once, due to having totems left out when she ice blocked me.
    And 1 shotted the rest.

My advice to you doing it is, Do it with a sharp mind everything is so much easier,
    don't be afraid to take a pause from bashing you head into that wall.

Your sincerly
    Leafen

This fight is insane without 2-piece T12...

Quote Originally Posted by Haokah View Post
    This fight is insane without 2-piece T12...
    It's insane even with T12 4-piece. I still can't kill it.