Deleted

Economy Simulations

Hey,

I recently played a pseudo economy simulation on armorgames, which got me pretty much addicted.
    (http://armorgames.com/play/6893/recordshop-tycoon , if you wanna try)

So, does anyone know full-price games of this genre?

Thank you in advance!

Transport Tycoon is still one of the brightest stars on this genre and you can get Open source TTD for free from http://www.openttd.org/en/
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Thanks, I'm gonna check it out

Still open for suggestions

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow President on PC is sort of like what you are looking for.

There are bunch of others too, out of which Theme Hospital, Railroad Tycoon and few of the Sim Cities are my favourite.

Out of that bunch you can DL open source Theme Hospital from here. http://www.redferret.net/?p=17829

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Alright, I'm gonna look into Theme Hospital to get started. Transport Tycoon looks way too complicated

Shadow President is not what I was looking for, but thanks Mecha

Transport Tycoon isn't really that complicated, it just might look scary. Basically you get started by building two stations, buying one vehicle and then set it's route between the two points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Transport Tycoon isn't really that complicated, it just might look scary. Basically you get started by building two stations, buying one vehicle and then set it's route between the two points.
    yea i agree its not as complicated as it looks
    And its a game i like to play if i need a break from the newer stuff

Edit:
    There is a german Game Series called "der Planer" with part 4 coming up.
    (not sure if there is a english version/translation aviable)
    Its really realistic but i never got into that Game, WAY too realistic
    Last edited by mmocf1b7d43091; 2011-09-04 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theme Hospital looks pretty outdated, does that link you provided work as the original?
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Deleted
    Everything mentioned here is good and kinda fun. But there is only one (well two if you count the predecessor) serious business simulation, that's Capitalism 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Theme Hospital looks pretty outdated, does that link you provided work as the original?
    It's the original, just rebuilt to work on modern PC's. And I don't think it looks THAT outdated due to the art-style and comicy graphics, which are fairly hilarious. :P

You could try Cities XL, basicly build a city and manage it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    I on occasion take a dump in the shower so I don't have to wipe but never pee in there. That is just gross!

Cities XL is good aswell, but it can be a bit tough if someone's a new to these types of games.

Deleted
    For a REAL simulator - try Eve Online lol.

Real market actors. Real losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    For a REAL simulator - try Eve Online lol.

Real market actors. Real losses.
    Correct, but you'll have to play for years to get to any serious level of market stuff.