Deleted

Highest profit from thorium ore?

Hello mmo-c,
    As the title says i'm looking for the most profitable way to handle the little 'thorium problem' i got while farming arcane crystals for the sulfuronhammer. Ideas anyone?

I recently came into quite a supply as well in the creation of my Thunderfury. So far my strategy has been throwing some (not all) of them up on the AH through a bank alt. They sell and I make some money. Then I throw a few more stacks up. Slowly but surely I'm getting through them. My guess is people leveling blacksmithing, jewelcrafting, and possibly engineering are buying them up so they don't have to farm it themselves.

Deleted
    My thought was prospecting them would be an idea as well, did anyone make experience with this?
    Last edited by mmoc41ddb21021; 2011-09-04 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    Make the lovely thorium armor set (the female chest model is quite revealing) and sell it for transmogrification purposes? The enchanted thorium set looks rather nice too, but obviously the mats are more expensive. I've seen quite a few people collecting for their future looks already. Oh, and the radiant set. And the Huge Thorium Battleaxe... You see where I'm going, yes?

Depending on your server economy, prospect for gems. Use the auctioneer addon to check for prices, it has a prospecting tool as well. Plus points if you can find a jewelcrafter beforehand to buy whatever you get.

Sell the ores, but that's far too obvious and not at all fun. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alynei View Post
    Make the lovely thorium armor set (the female chest model is quite revealing) and sell it for transmogrification purposes? The enchanted thorium set looks rather nice too, but obviously the mats are more expensive. I've seen quite a few people collecting for their future looks already. Oh, and the radiant set. And the Huge Thorium Battleaxe... You see where I'm going, yes?
    That is actually a devilishly brilliant idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alynei View Post
    Haha, I like the idea. But I doubt they will sell well and my blacksmith is going to call me insane.

Deleted
    Prospecting Thorium, JC leveling from 290-300 requires some gems that are quite rare in the numbers needed and prospecting thorium is a good way of getting them.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my server, thorium ore is ~40g/stack

The gems prospected from thorium seem to go for ~5g each at the best of times, so i don;t bother prospecting.

I tend to make radiant leggings or boots and disenchant them into dust/essence/shards - these sell for loads on my server - 60g+ for essences, 100g+ for shards, and anywhere from 5-40g per dust. you could push this even further and turn the enchanting mats into enchanting scrolls. 22 int (form thorium bortherhood dwarf inside BRD) sells for 750-1000g

the only other materials other than thorium bars that you'll need are heart of fire, and these tend to be damned cheap, or, yuo'll have loads from farming stuff in molten core ^_^

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen Thorium Ore going for 30g a stack at times, Mithril is like 40-50 sometimes. It all depends on your realm, old materials can be very valuable to people levelling professions.

make enchanted thorium blades, de blades, sell results

vendor it, prospect elementium, get real profit :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold onto them until 4.3 hits, and people go apeshit bonkers for old world gear. Thorium was used in a lot of armor/weapons, and some people might be after it.