Deleted

Deus Ex Human Revolution - question about hacking experience

Hey,
    So I was wondering how much exp do I get for hacking terminals, doors and etc.
    Last time I check I get 25 xp but I have seen some people on youtube that get 50 xp so I am wondering am I doing it too slow or what ?
    Thanks for advice.

Deleted
    What exactly are you talking about...?

10+ Year Old Account
    On deus EX when you hack there are specific points that you can capture for exp, there are also hacks that are harder wich reward more exp based on level being that there are : Script Kiddie(25 exp) ,Grey hat ( 50 exp) , black hat ( 75 exp)

The more node thingys that you can unlock the more exp and credits you can get.

You can hack in several directions at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    What exactly are you talking about...?
    If you played the game you would know. You get exp for every sucessful hack and I was wondering if exp you earn from hacking ( I am talking about bonus xp you get from data cash) depends on level on the door, terminal and bla bla bla. Or is it general. So for example if you hack any item in game you get static number of exp points.

I am asking because I wanted to ask if I have game problem or maybe because I get more exp from high level hacking.

---------- Post added 2011-09-04 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    On deus EX when you hack there are specific points that you can capture for exp, there are also hacks that are harder wich reward more exp based on level being that there are : Script Kiddie(25 exp) ,Grey hat ( 50 exp) , black hat ( 75 exp)
    Ah, so when I hack lvl 5 node then I get more exp then I hack lvl 1 node if I am getting this correctly ?

Just try to do more than get to the green circle when you're hacking, unlock as many things as you can.

Deleted
    Moved to Video games.

Deleted
    eh you can get upto 125xp for a hack.. 25, 50, 75, 100 (l33t skills), 125 (master hacker).. faster and more stuff you unlock increases the bonus (i think).

Deleted
    LV1- 25xp
    Lv2 - 50xp
    Lv3 - 75xp
    Lv4 - 100xp
    Lv5- 125xp

Also some of the databank nodes will grant you a xp bonus if you manage to capture them and successfully finish the hack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotan View Post
    LV1- 25xp
    Lv2 - 50xp
    Lv3 - 75xp
    Lv4 - 100xp
    Lv5- 125xp

Also some of the databank nodes will grant you a xp bonus if you manage to capture them and successfully finish the hack.
    What he said. That's the max amount of xp you can get per level, but you have to get all nodes for it.

its basicly free exp, its worth dropping a few points for it.
    N

From what I hear if you plan to gun and smash, you don't need the extra XP all that much because you do not require as many points as a stealth player does.

I have gone stealth and I need points in a lot of things to get by, I have avoided funny enough the stealth perks :P and I have gotten by fine with out it and critically thinking. I enjoy the stealth playing of this game for sure with hacking and finding work arounds, next play through though...someone is getting a soda machine to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Hey,
    So I was wondering how much exp do I get for hacking terminals, doors and etc.
    Last time I check I get 25 xp but I have seen some people on youtube that get 50 xp so I am wondering am I doing it too slow or what ?
    Thanks for advice.

IT all depends on the level of the lock and the packages you hack into behind the security system, as i've done played through deus ex human revolution (in 1 day :P) i know that you can end up getting like 500xp from a hack (yes, for real). It will raise as you progress in the game, remember to grab all packages while hacking. To the people that skip out on hacking augmentations: You're missing out on a lot of experience, praxis, money and similar things.