Thread: Fire vs Arcane

Stood in the Fire MeleeSpriestDK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Fire vs Arcane

Is arcane alot better than fire on boss fights? I cant decide i know fire has its op moments in add fights but ive seen arc mages pull 40k on chogall so yeah. What are the pros and cons of each?????

Gamers never Die

Arcane is very consistent and high single target dps. Fire is very proc reliant and inconsistent, but always powerful for aoe, and better if you need to mobile as well.

Arcane sims substantially higher on every boss that isn't Alysrazor.

But fire is better AoE.

Deleted
    Try the Mage forums.

But personally on my mage alt with lowish gear (ilvl 360), I can pull higher numbers in Arcane, but enjoy myself a lot more in Fire. If you get really good RNG as Fire you can top most of the dps, but your luck's bad for that fight (Talking about crits here) your dps can be appalling; I pre-cast Pyro every fight, sometimes I'll hit 25-28k, sometime's I'll be as low as 12-14k. Arcane is a lot more stable & consistent unfortunately, and I can balance around 20-22k dps on every fight without the huge variations.

Also as someone said up there ^ Fire is lovely for movement heavy / aoe heavy fights.

Deleted
    Arcane is always better on single target dps fights they involve not too much movent. But fire brings a lot more utility to the raid and very good aoe. I personally play fire because arcane is just far too boring for me but ive had to switch to arcane a bit for rag Hc progress but on all other fights fire has been fine to use