Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanserv View Post
    ...........O.o.............. I Lol'd
    What's funny? I currently have 66% block and about 15% dodge/parry. Obviously since the percentage of my block is so high I take more blocks then I do dodges/parrys. I'm seeing some fully geared 391 tanks getting 17% dodge/parry so I feel that next tier 22% each will be achievable which means that I'd be able to drop block down lower making it so that my avoidance (dodge/parry/miss) and block will almost equal and it will be about a 50/50 chance of actually get hit with reduced dmg vs not taking any damage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have tanked inferno blades under glyphed DP and clicked Mirror and I barely take any damage.
    Do you have logs? There should be information saying how much you resisted.

I have tanked inferno blades under glyphed DP and clicked Mirror and I barely take any damage.
    Aye, Googled and found the Joystiq post on Baleroc, saying:
    "[22:41:53.939] Baleroc Inferno Strike Rhidach 467141 (A: 98738, B: 254236, R: 227810)"
    so i might look a bit closer next reset. Still easy as pie to solotank as pala!
    Last edited by Evilution; 2011-09-06 at 02:52 AM.

They should be up still, I tend to delete after some time, let me check.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=2207&e=2494

I guess it is just the DP and the mirror does nothing. Good catch. Still keeping it for block cap though (spindle does not want to drop!). I prefer to keep Holy Shield available for right after the blade spells.
    You are correct, it is resistible http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...?s=2207&e=2494

We have a druid who goes in and tanks at the beginning with full cooldowns until he gets two stacks, then taunts him off after the first decimation blade hits me. If I dodge the first I am at full health and the healers get a breather. If he dodges the second hit, I let him take the third before I taunt and the healers just have to get him back up before it becomes an issue again (which is very easy), If he doesn't, I taunt back and my healers have had forever to heal me. At worst I would use AD (though I never had to).
    haha, so gonna do that to my feral buddy next time!

1. Your parry is too high compared to your dodge, remember with raid buffs you gain some ~180 parry rating and they suffer from the same DR so get your dodge down to as close or slightly under parry as you can.
    2. As previously mentioned, stop reforging away avoidance(parry+dodge) from your cloak and ring and reforge off the hit, I sit at ~100.64% unbuffed and hit 102.41% raid buffed (kings, str/agi buff, mastery food).
    3. You're revered with avenger's of hyjal, if you can't be bothered to farm Hellscream Rep use Stay of Execution. I comfortably have stay not reforged and shadowsilk spindle reforged to dodge and still get full CTC, my gear level is probably quite similar to yours as well.

Calculate it with raid buffs, bring your warrior/shaman/dk friend to the reforger and do it all while having the 3 buffs active.

Not sure if this is too late or not, but, I noticed this much: You currently are at: 100.62% Avoidance (Total - Including 5% Miss) You have a near 1.5% Avoidance Difference between your Dodge and Parry, if you get those closer you can probably gain an additional .25-.50% Avoidance. (Due to Balance of the Diminishing Returns) Your Shoulders you changed Parry to Mastery, if you switch that for Hit to Mastery you will gain about a .31% Avoidance increase there. You also did the same with your, Ring Slot #1, Ring you can gain again about roughly .29% Avoidance. This will give you a grand total of about 101.47% Avoidance unbuffed while maintaining close to .95% Hit. If you need the extra hit rating I would recommend using the +90 Hit Rating Food Buff, and taking a bonus to Parry from Kings/Mark of the Wild, and Battle Shout/Horn of Winter. That should cap your avoidance and put you at about roughly 1.4% Hit Rating. If you're continuing to notice you need hit/expertise, instead of using a Flask of Steelskin you could try using: Elixir of the Naga/Elixir of Impossible Accuracy and Elixir of the Deep/Prismatic Elixir. This will give you added Hit/Expertise and Armor/Magic Resistance Boosts. The overall survival may now be as amazing, but it's still going to help a lot more than a Flask of Steelskin could in your case.

Anyways, hope this helped!

SSGPETERSEN (AKA Majestical)

Honestly after some point I think we have enough avoidance to start getting some stamina. Avoidance meets harsh diminishing returns past a point. More health is not bad
    I disagree. Gemming for more stamina (at this point in time) is pretty much useless. Method just carried their "tank" through and you know it.

I would definitely keep reforging mastery for avoidance until I hit ~40% dodge+parry+miss.
    Last edited by ocping; 2011-09-06 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ocping View Post
    I disagree. Gemming for more stamina (at this point in time) is pretty much useless. Method just carried their "tank" through and you know it.

I would definitely keep reforging mastery for avoidance until I hit ~40% dodge+parry+miss.
    agree with this to an extend however once reaching cap i would probably switch gems to hybrids if it meant i got the gem slot bonus if i wasn't geting it before. eg a blue slot with a 10 mastery bonus, currently 40 mastery gem inside i would switch to a 20 mast 30 stam gem losing 10 mastery but gaining 30 stam. same with reds switching from parry mastery to parry stamina although that one for the fact that above the 102.4 cap mastey above that is useles uels blizzard gives us some level 89 mobs (who would get Crushing blows) and we need to get an "unhittable" spec again which they won;t do as it would mean dk/druids can't tank it as they can't remove crushings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xstratax View Post
    If youre that close then you should be able to cover the difference with food and raid buffs no problem. If you still feel like you want some more points before buffs then try to reforge your Dodge and Parry some, ideally with raid buffs they should be equal %, so on average you want about .8% more Dodge than Parry unbuffed.
    This is wrong, so so wrong.

Never aim for the same % - always aim for the same rating since DR is based on rating. I tend to find i actually have a higher dodge % when both my parry and dodge ratings are equal.

Also, get rid of the VoA - dps trinket is for dps, the ~400 strength doesn't give that much parry rating. You have plenty more viable options as an avoidance/mitigation trinket. Tol barad trinket, revered avengers trinket, hell, even some 346 avoidance trinkets are better than VOA ^_^

||My Work || Sig by the awesome Soko! ||

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammeg View Post
    Never aim for the same % - always aim for the same rating since DR is based on rating. I tend to find i actually have a higher dodge % when both my parry and dodge ratings are equal.
    this is actualy the same thing now sinc we have a base parrry and dodge of both 5% meaning ratings will be identical if % is identical.

are you taking your dodge before you eat that raid feast? as it gives 90 dodge rating? or were you looking mid-combat with a windwalk proc?