Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why did Warhammer online die?

If there ever was a game with potencial to be WoW killer it was definitaly Warhammer online. Lore is much better, great artstyle, public quests, best pvp. I remember tons of people playing after release, but then suddenly everything died. Anyone know why? I even tryed to play the game few days ago, but its completly dead.

I believe this game could be great f2p game, since all RvR, Public Quests need people to be fun and only f2p can sustain enough people coming into the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like most games released after WoW, endgame was really lacking. It got boring after a month. PvE felt no where near as polished as WoW's PvE, but the PvP was alright. Oh and the fact GOA were in charge of the european servers, they suck balls.

Simply because it wasn't fun.

Because WOW >>>>> all

they also robbed you months and months after canceling the subscription without any way to recover it !

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it was terrible? Played for like 5 hours, went back to WoW. Same with RIFT. WoW is still king, and WoW will remain king for years to come. SWTOR will be more successful than WAR or RIFT (because it's Star Wars. Seriously), and I will play it, but I will also play WoW.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not very many people continued to play it for very long.

Deleted
    i saw the title expecting a good debate, entered, thread turning into WOW OWNS ALL.....

waste of thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly because the end game was pretty meh. I still think Warhammer had the best pvp of any game I've ever played.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana View Post
    Mainly because the end game was pretty meh. I still think Warhammer had the best pvp of any game I've ever played.
    Yeah the PvP wasn't half bad, but if you weren't in a decent PvP guild/team, you mostly got crushed and it gets tedious and boring quickly

Deleted
    I heard something about them overcharging people who had their credit card on automatic payment, and not returning the money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warhammer could really have sealed the deal for me. I was literally counting the days until launch. It had the hype, it had the promising features, a solid company behind it... they really could have been in Blizzard's shoes right now.

Where it failed is obvious to anyone that tried it. The game needed at least 6 more months of developing when it was launched. It was full of game breaking bugs, it moved terribly even on high end PCs and the tier 3,4 content felt like it was put together the night before launch.

The final killing blow was delivered by its main feature. Open world combat was fun in the ideal conditions, but most of the time you either PvEed the castles or you fought game ending lag when 2 large groups ran into each other. Not to mention that all the mechanics related to RvR (zone occupation, loot distribution, capital sieging) were screwed up and annoying.

If you think it's not enough, add the broken crafting system (that was promised to be next-gen and awesome) and the fact that you had no use for gold, a problem I never though I'd see in a MMO. Also mix GOA into this for europeans and add a pinch of PQs being completely useless in endgame. And voila: the perfect fail recipe.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

Deleted
    played for a day, was shit and went back to WoW.

waiting on Warhammer 40k Dark Millenium Online, imo that could be a potential WoW killer, think it's released in about 2013 tho sad face

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it for 5 minutes. It's really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu82 View Post
    i saw the title expecting a good debate, entered, thread turning into WOW OWNS ALL.....

waste of thread.
    yea fanboys really spoil any sort of debate/conversation with thier blind and over the top obsession. It really dosn't do WoW any justice when people act so ignorantly.

Since WoW has already filled the MMO niche other mmos really need to have some sort of catch or giant pull to get people from thier stubborn, afraid of change from their obsession ways. Other then being a somewhat heard of franchise I don't think Warhammer had that. So many people tried it but then just fell back into old habits.

Overall end game was pretty bad, the PvP was pretty good fun. Think it failed cos they refused to fix the stupid bugs in it and decided to just try and put more and more content into it without sorting the underlying problems, like end game PvP and the PvE. PvP upto rank 30 is still good fun...

The problem with other mmos is not that they are not fun it's just that wow has most of the players, I had fun playing war and the pvp wasnt just fun it was damn decent( xp from bgs, hell yes!) and pq's are still one of the best things to happen to mmos i think. Wow controlled the market for so long that ppl think that a new mmo needs to launch 12 dungeons, 5 raids, and whatever else that would make it better than wow. War was never better than wow it was on par with wow and that is good enough for me(since cata sucks and is causing players to leave in droves so far, war may be better than on par). Aion was actually kind of fun but they were too stupid to do a free trial which could have gotten them thousands of paying customers.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR will be more successful than
    <MMO Not Released Yet> will be more successful than <MMOs released that failed>.

Aion, Warhammer, RIFT, TERA. I lost count of how many times iv read that same phrase.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    <MMO Not Released Yet> will be more successful than <MMOs released that failed>.

Aion, Warhammer, RIFT, TERA. I lost count of how many times iv read that same phrase.
    Okay, obviously you didn't read my entire post. SWTOR will be more successful than WAR, Rift, Aion, etc, BECAUSE IT'S STAR WARS. Raving fanboys will make that game a success, so don't even try to deny it.

It's not dead, it's still alive and well. Sure it doesn't have tons of subscribers, but it's still a profitable game. Heck, they're even expanding it and coming out with a F2P arena version of the game (6v6v6 with premade characters).

PvE wasn't great. The public quest system was very lackluster and later in the game there just wasn't enough PvE content to do. So while the PvP was great, there just wasn't enough as a whole to keep people around.