Deleted

Upgrading for BF3 and future games.

Hello fellow MMO's.
    I Bought my computer 9 months ago, and got it assembled by a friend. (I have no clue at all how to fix, or assemble a computer.)
    So now my computer runs, every game i play on ultra settings without problems (WoW, BFBC2, CoD:BO, CoD:MW2.)
    But now that Battlefield 3 is, coming i want my computer to play that aswell on ultra. So what i am asking is if there's anything that is worth changing or will it run, the game on ultra without problems?

ASUS GeForce GTX 470.
    ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO, Socket-AM3 AMD 785G+.
    Western Digitial Caviar Greenpower# 1TB.
    Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 4GB.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Quadcore 3.4 GHz.
    Coolermaster GX 650W PSU.

Thanks guys. Hope you can give me inputs.

Well in order for your computer to run the newer games on ultra there is quite a few changes you could make.

Firstly, the CPU. Get an i5/i7 or amd phenom x6, secondly video card. Get something along the lines of gtx 570 or hd6970. Could probably chuck some more ram in there, say another 4gb or so. Im not sure about the PSU however with all the high powered gear you wanna get you might need to invest in a new one.

Deleted
    Okay, but can this run bf3 on ultra it runs bfbc2 on ultra.

what resolution are u playing at? Ultra setting doesn't mean 1080P, it can be ultra setting 1680x1050 or lower. If you play below 1920x1080, your gtx470 is enought to max out BF3. however, if u play at 1920x1080(1080P), u will need to change ur graphic card .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Well in order for your computer to run the newer games on ultra there is quite a few changes you could make.

Firstly, the CPU. Get an i5/i7 or amd phenom x6, secondly video card. Get something along the lines of gtx 570 or hd6970. Could probably chuck some more ram in there, say another 4gb or so. Im not sure about the PSU however with all the high powered gear you wanna get you might need to invest in a new one.
    x6? It wont make different, a good x4 would be enough hence why i5 2500k and i7 2600k are such a good gaming cpus . Purely for gaming x6 1100t would get wasted imho.. its not really a gaming CPU, that said it is a decent OCer but still....

i5 2500k and you can go OC it on good air cooler to 4Ghz = profit

He got AMD board, going with i5 2500k would need to buy new motherboard.

Also no green HDD or any other part for gaming computer. Those are slow components for saving electricity.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not going to get the results you're hoping for with what you have selected. Follow this guide and you'll be much happier, I would focus on the 2nd tier of hardware for what you're looking to accomplish. http://www.hardware-revolution.com/m...c-august-2011/

Deleted
    1920x1080 on a 24 inch samsung.

Deleted
    Well, think about a new cpu, for gfx - id go with a 580 or equal ati if you like, but I think that nvidia will have + on bf3 due to some effects ect.

In the latest interview, one of the developers (at least on of the DICE representatives) said that you will definitely be safe with GTX 580 SLI. So, judging by that, you can conclude that 470 won't be sufficient to run it on very high settings. Anyway, we'll see how well that game is optimized after all (uber sampling anyone? Notyvm). Looking good != well optimized.

I guess wait until BF3 come out and see the benchmark first which graphic is good for BF3. GTX470 would able to run medium setting on 1080P(my guess only). Beta is coming out, so the benchmark soon will be available.

1. You need to change your HDD for a Caviar Black or Spinpoint F3 or SSD, because your HDD is only good for storage and is terribly slow, you will (and you probably already) hate it on loading screen.
    2. Change your Power supplies for a Corsair TX650 or 750 because it will probably explode soon anyway (google it , your PSU got BAD review on every site)
    3. Get a GTX570 or GTX 580 or HD6970, BF3 is totally GPU bound. (To be honest ive heard it take more than a single GTX580 to smoothly run BF3 on ultra @1080P)
    4. Get a Corsair A70 and overclock your CPU to 4GHZ
    (4) Buy a Core i5 2500K and a Z68 motherboard (keep ur 4gb ddr3 kit) + Corsair A70 Overclock to 4.5ghz and Win
    (4) Buy a 990FX Motherboard, keep ur 965 for the moment and upgrade to Bulldozer later + Corsair A70 and Overclock.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-09-05 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    Some of AMD's older chip sets will support Bulldozer too just not all of its features. I have seen some sites selling 760G - 880 mobos which support the new chips.

Asus teases a family of 10 upcoming mobos, the M5A Series, which will feature out-of-the-box AM3+ support as well as AMD's 880G, 870, and 760G chipsets.
    From the Tech Report, Wont let me link it but it is not hard to find as i found link on there homepage. Other manufacturers are doing the same so i think there will be very few chipsets they dont make compatible with bulldozer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canias View Post
    1920x1080 on a 24 inch samsung.
    I think BF3 should run just fine @ ultra on your system, even at 1080p. I believe people tend to overestimate BF3s system requirements but to be realistic, expect BF3 to demand roughly 50% more power than BC2. They're both based on the same engine and performance should be similar in similar environments. The only thing that'll be significantly more demanding than anything BC2 had to offer are the 64 player maps. And that's why you need roughly 50% more processing power.

Ergo, if you run BC2 on ultra with 32 players at 60 FPS, BF3 should run at 40 FPS with 32 players.

Deleted

Some BF3 beta testing with an i7 2600k @ 4.9 GHz, HD 5870 @ 900 MHz core, 8 gigs of ram 1600 MHz

numbers are min/max/average frames per second

First part of the beta map is outdoors in sunshine 39/131/53
    Second part inside mostly in dark tunnels 57/106/75
    Third part still largely in the tunnels 49/106/73
    Fourth part going out of the station 42/118/58

Tried to see what happened if I turned everything on max but it wasn't really playable and this game looks pretty damn amazing on high aswell.

Images have a maximum width of 800 pixels. Thanks. ~Uggor
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2011-09-27 at 05:43 PM.