Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Hello. Been in same situation with transferring from full time clicker to full keybinds. You're right, you will see biggest improvement in PVP, especially as melee.

As for getting used to binds, i prefer dummies, absolutely no BG or dungeons. Get someone to party, use party skills while dpsing dummies, move from one to second dummy, use focus cc/interupts on dummy. On BG u will get a lot of downtime with training. OFC its beter when u get some use to binds, but start is best on training dummy.

First of all, i've made all binds in my mind depending how often i use them. U can go a road with few keybindings at start, but for me it was good to bind EVERYTHING like mounts, drinking water, or skills like 30min seals as ret.

As for WSAD, i got my stun binded to S, but u can leave backpeddaling to S, although as ret i've didn't need it anyomre in pve or pvp.

Keep your attacks closest to you, often used spells like heal or hands spells in good position. Playing both 2v2 and 3v3, I tend to use modifiers on many skills, having shift for dps and ctrl for healer. Like key "X" for freedom, shift X freedom dps, ctrl X freedom healer. Same with HoP, Sacrficie or WoG.

CC can be u have similiar -I use shift modifier for focus stun/rep/rebuke. Actually using rebuke as C key = interrupt is most time-reaction demadning key to use.

Have a good luck in your road from Challenger ret to gladiator one. 80% is how good u are at controlling your character.
    Last edited by mmocc3fa4e27a3; 2011-09-06 at 12:39 PM.

I will recommend picking up a Razer Naga if you can afford it its really good for helping clickers get more used to bindings.
    Sense 1-12 is all on the side of the mouse and its also good for for ppls that use normal key binds sense the keys are closer.
    You can get to them faster and you never have to remove your fingers from the wasd keys.

Was also just gonna suggest it, I was a clicker my self and just couldent get used to more than 1-4 and Q E on that hand over the movement. The solution ws a mouse iwth many buttons and I today usualy have 5-9 different spells bound on mouse buttons with shift combo. Works excelent for me to feel I have about same amount of skills in each hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forni View Post
    I'd suggest doing some quests and dailies and work with your new keybindings. It is going to take anywhere from 20-60 hours to retrain your brain for this. Just add a a few things at a time, and go from there. Stay within 1-5, Q-T, A-G and Z-B (I also use F1-F5 for my bindings, but I have large hands and its a comfortable reach)

Just throw on what you need for a good rotation, hit the target dummies and keep working on it. It will take time to break the habit, just keep plugging away!
    Pretty much what he said. Practice, practice and more practice and it will stick with you.

Haven't had the time to read all the other replies, but here's a guide I wrote for some of my clicking guildies you might find interesting.
    Unguliant@Kazzak Armory - On a break, started Uni :'(

WoW Heroes Profile - My WoL Ranks!

Get bartender
    assign keybindings to things
    change all bar settings to "click through"
    you can no longer click!
    ???
    profit

Deleted
    Start practice on a dummy, running different rotations, interrupting, stunning etc. Then go over to doing dailies, then dungeons with those. Afterwards I would suggest making your bars clickthrough so you cannot click them, as mentioned.

If you want to go hardcore ;-), as a final step set up power auras or such for cooldowns and hide your action bars altogether. Then you only need a GCD tracker and when seeing the important cooldowns somewhere else, you can move your eyes away from your bars completely.

I just started to use 1-6 & Q, E,R,F,½, everything you can go around WASD for the most used abilitys. It´s good enough for any pvp, depending on user ofcourse. And if space problem, start use F1-?.

i used to click on my pally too. I just started with a few high use items and added to it once I got used to them. For example:
    Q=rebuke; W=Judgement; E=Crusader Strike; R=Templar; T=Exorcism; A=Strafe left; S=Forward; D=Strafe left

Start there and then add to them using 1-6, F, G, Z-V then start adding using Shift, Ctrl, or Alt modifiers.

It took a while to get used to them all but give it time and lots of practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have most of my skills on ~ through 6, plus I use Q E R F Z X C V shift-E shift-R, and T G for focusing. I also use a gaming mouse for another 8+ keybinds. I put my trinket on Q and my most used skills on 2 3 4 E R, and interrupt on 5. I probably don't use the most efficient setup, but it works for me. As for learning your binds, like others have said, just run BGs/quests until you get a good feel for them.
    And now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Add around 5 binds at a time (maybe more, but don't just bind everything and go have at it...take it slow). After that just do dailies for a while till you are comfortable with those binds then add a few more. Take it slow and practice on dailies. Don't hit dungeons or BGs with your new binds right away...you will only get frustrated. Good luck. In a week or two you won't believe you ever clicked.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Is getting rid of "wasd" the best idea, I want to keep s for tanking.
    I use Q and E for strafe but not WASD. I bound "click middle mouse button" to move backwards since I do all other movement with the mouse (except strafe).

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a razer naga helped me out with key binding more abilities.

Deleted
    I'd start with getting rid of the regular A and D, but you might have done that already, as you're not a keyboard turner.
    Great keybindings, imo, are F, G, Q, E, R, Z, X, C, V,T and 1-5. If you want, you can add some shift keybindings, like Shift+F or something like that.

First i'm a Warlock and use QWE to move. Bind 1-5, then Shift 1-5, e,r,t,f, then shift e,r,t,f,. I use F1, F2 for my demon armour and fel armour as I dont hit them once I start to play. I have my trinket bound to my mouse, and target arena 1,2,3 to my mouse buttons as I mostly PVP. What I've also found useful is to watch streams and get ideas of what is working for other people. I've got some very good ideas watching some other players. While not every thing they do works for me, some stuff is quite useful. Also look for things you can Macro. For instance my portal is bound to summon shift z, then to port z. I have it macroed w/ the modifier so it only takes up 1 slot of my bars and helps keep things a bit less confusing (imo). hope this helps!

Grab a pocket healer and practice in BGs. Only engage reasonably sized groups. Your objective would be to perform all PvP tasks (clutch burst, peels, ccs) until you are used to using keybinds. With a pocket healer, the risk of you dying and wasting your time is very minimal.

When compared to practice arenas or duels, BGs can be more fast paced, but you can control the difficulty (by picking the size of group you're willing to engage). Since BGs last much longer than a long cooldown (Avenger's Wrath), BGs also force you to learn every single one of your keybinds. Some abilities might be down so you're forced to use other ones to stay alive.