Poll: Which is better?

6950 vs GTX 560 Ti

Hey guys, I'm about to choose a GPU for my desktop. I'm stuck between the 6950 or the GTX 560 Ti. Which is better? I've seen opinions that say the 6950 is better, others that GTX 560 ti is better. It's hard to give an opinion without being biased i know. My favourite game atm is starcraft 2 and I'll be playing in Full HD 1920x1080. I have an AMD system (AMD CPU on a 890GX). so what do you think?

They're roughly the same on average, it varies game by game.
    Here's a good comparison with a bunch of games: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/293?vs=330
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah, their benchmarks are like the same. But the performance depends on the game. IMO I would get a 6950, but It's really up to you what you feel comfortable with.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is made over and over again every other day. It really comes down to personal preference practically, and for bang for buck ratio, depends where you get it and at what price. I managed to get my Twin Frozr II 560 Ti for only $213 at a local store down from $260.... definitely worth it. You're honestly looking at the two rivals in the same class in 7th grade. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    The HD 6950 boasts slightly more performance but the Geforce GTX 560 Ti offers PhysiX support and has better driver support thanks to "The way it's meant to be played".

So really, it's a matter of personal preference. Either way you won't me missing out on much not matter which choice you side with.

I have a gtx 460 by msi myself and it is a really great card i would really recommend a msi gtx 560 with the custom cooler it's a great card/cooler combo from 2 really good company's

i would only really go the ati route if your planning on eyefinity setup is not then the gtx 560 should be your card of choice.

Better sli profiles
    driver support
    physics
    3d vision

vs

eyefinity
    slightly more performance on the stock model card

(i'd really go for the custom cooling solutions whatever card u decide)
    "Because of all the days that have passed, We are who we are."

I had a GTX 460.
    So I went with the HD6970 as my upgraded card.
    Ignore slipshade, the GTX560 is a really poor card for its pricepoint, where GTX560 Ti is better.

In-between GTX560 Ti and the HD6950, the 1GiB version of the HD6950 should be less expensive and perform similiarily, while the 2GiB card should be more expensive but perform better. It's tough to say, because this also depends on how much factory overclock they come with.
    I'd say the HD6950 either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slipshade View Post
    I have a gtx 460 by msi myself and it is a really great card i would really recommend a msi gtx 560 with the custom cooler it's a great card/cooler combo from 2 really good company's
    I hope you are aware that the original GTX 560 was basically just an overclocked version of the 460? They are, almost, the same card.

MOD The 6950 Bios, bump up the power usage and you have a full functioning 6970 for the 6950 price if you get the 2GB model

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    MOD The 6950 Bios, bump up the power usage and you have a full functioning 6970 for the 6950 price if you get the 2GB model
    Doesn't work anymore.

You can solder it to unlock shaders, and that works on both the 1GiB and the 2GiB models, but you cannot do the bios-unlock method unless you have a rev 1.0 reference card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much equal. Personally I'd get the 560Ti so I voted for that but you really can't go wrong with either.

Unless you want a specific feature like triple-monitor on single card (AMD) or greater folding@home performance (Nvidia), and whatever other minor feature things they differ from eachother (yesyes nvidia physx...).

I know I'm strange but today I'd go with 2GB version if the price difference isn't too much. I can easily use up 1GB with some AA in games.