Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Each heal has its uses. If you're completely ignoring some of the tools in your box, you need to reevaluate how you heal. I'm not saying that you should use DL and FoL consistently, but there are times when you should be using them to accomplish your task.

Deleted
    I like the instant FoL a LOT.

Other than that I mix them all. FoL almost only as instant or in Baleroc fights.

I find it weird that someone didn't even use DL or FL. I spam DL and I don't have mana problems on my paladin and his gear is rather weak. Only 354ilvl and I spam DL and at the end of most fights sitting around 12-14k hps and still have mana left over.

thats a fail holy pal.

i can and do use DL 98% of the time in ZA/ZG, why? beacause mana is zero issue to me anymore in 5 mans.

theres really no argument to it. if your overgeared just use your better heal and keep everyone over 90% almost the entire time.

if your not over geared then you shouldnt only be using your weakest heals.

im sure i probably could easily get away with out ever using DL .....but why HL/HS/WoG when i am more than capable of using DL/HS/WoG?

i havent checked my healing meters in 5 mans in a long time but id say its probably like:

Divine light-28%
    Beacon heal-20%
    Word of Glory-20%
    Holy Shock-18%
    Holy Radiance-14%

(terrible napkin math as i account for none of my passive heals except beacon but you get the idea)

and my overhealing is probably outrageous as well lol....i like seeing full green bars what?

---------- Post added 2011-09-08 at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myridia View Post

Other than that I mix them all. FoL almost only as instant or in Baleroc fights.
    yeah same here i RARELY if ever use FoL if its not the insta-version (use it while moving) or in Baleroc.
    Last edited by Desminn; 2011-09-08 at 02:25 PM.
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy light doesnt cut it for a pug~
    but for a guild run you should be able to do it ... in rather good gear that is.

Deleted
    FWIW, for my last PU ZG run I used this (whole run):

- beacon 26.8%
    - DL 18.9%
    - WoG 13.6%
    - HS 13.0%
    - HL 11.6%

I certainly had no mana issue, though I overgear the content and no one died (well except for the DK that left very quickly because it was obviously too early for him to enter such a dungeon).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myridia View Post

What's the point of using instant FOL when divine light is under 0.7 second with the proc anyway in baleroc where the boss hits extremely slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    What's the point of using instant FOL when divine light is under 0.7 second with the proc anyway in baleroc where the boss hits extremely slow.
    ....have you healed baleroc? thats silly.

like why would you use a 1 hp WoG on baleroc kind of question.
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Desminn View Post
    ....have you healed baleroc? thats silly.

like why would you use a 1 hp WoG on baleroc kind of question.
    I don't get it either - why would you waste that hasted heal on a FoL? (I do use FoL as filler on Baleroc when I DON'T have the IoL proc)

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Divine Light constantly in randoms, but I rarely ever ever ever use Flash of Light. If paladins didn't have WoG and HS, I would, but they have the luxury of having two nice instants, so I don't. You could possibly just be stingy with your mana and get away with HL for an entire instance, but people would more than likely die, especially in a bad group.

Not using your full toolbox when the situation calls for it = bad player. Do your guild a favor and replace him before his lack of skill becomes a barrier to progression.

Deleted
    I never use Divine light. Pointless spell in my opinion, it costs more than a FoL and takes longer to cast but with only an increase of a few thousand healing done. FoL is now spammable without ripping through my mana, I find that when used in a proper healing rotation and judgeing when ever its off CD, FoL is my go to heal. Makes life so much easier as everyone is always topped off. I very rarely run out of mana and when i do I have enough regen to keep healing and I can always pop DP with a small CD to keep my healing going.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find divine to slow to cast for a heal it does--bacon+ holy light + shock is enogh for healing tanks most of the time (flash when it gets nasty).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullrog View Post
    I never use Divine light. Pointless spell in my opinion, it costs more than a FoL and takes longer to cast but with only an increase of a few thousand healing done. FoL is now spammable without ripping through my mana, I find that when used in a proper healing rotation and judgeing when ever its off CD, FoL is my go to heal. Makes life so much easier as everyone is always topped off. I very rarely run out of mana and when i do I have enough regen to keep healing and I can always pop DP with a small CD to keep my healing going.
    Ugh please.... just NO...!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Ugh please.... just NO...!
    What?? simply because I can use FoL for as long as I want without having to have a break you instantly discount my post?? surely its personal preference with what you heal with, Ive never healed with Divine light since the end of wrath and I don't intend to start using it now, Ive cleared all normal content with a few hc bosses down so far and im healing how i want to heal. divine light for me doesn't work gz if you use it and it works but not in my rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Myalthasanalt View Post
    I was in a guild group for ZG earlier, and I was noticing that alot of spike damage was going unhealed. When I checked the logs at the end of the instance, I noticed he never used Divine Light or Flash of Light through the entire run. It wasnt something that was causing us to be unable to kill a boss, but it did cause a few wipes.
    I realize Divine Light and Flash of Light have rather large mana costs, but shouldnt they be used more than never?
    When I talked to him about it, all he said was that his healing was great and he didnt need to use them. His lack of using them caused deaths, and he seems unwilling to listen to what I have to say.
    Is there some sort of way I can get him to use more than just Holy light, Holy Shock and Word of Glory?
    He should be using Holy Light, Holy Shock, and WoG most of the time, and start using DL when someone's life total dips too low and there's going to be enough incoming damage that Holy Light isn't enough. He should absolutely be using DL when he needs to and in raids he's going to find himself needing to use DL most of the time.

Stop telling your paladin to use Flash of Light, that is just plain wrong. FoL should be taken off his bars. It's the most useless spell in his arsenal. He shouldn't get to a point where Flash of Light needs to be used anyway, and he wouldn't if he started to use DL at the proper time.

Although, I suppose you could use it when you proc an instant cast and you need to do something on the move and you don't have enough HoPo for a WoG.

---------- Post added 2011-09-09 at 10:04 AM ----------

What?? simply because I can use FoL for as long as I want without having to have a break you instantly discount my post?? surely its personal preference with what you heal with, Ive never healed with Divine light since the end of wrath and I don't intend to start using it now, Ive cleared all normal content with a few hc bosses down so far and im healing how i want to heal. divine light for me doesn't work gz if you use it and it works but not in my rotation.
    Simple math makes him want to ignore your post, actually. Nobody believes that you've cleared any sort of content if you don't use DL at all and use FoL, unless you're in a 25man guild and they're carrying you. I'd certainly like to see some logs of you never using DL and doing any sort of significant healing.
    Last edited by Magemasher77; 2011-09-09 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    I wonder what you mean with "good hps" when you're doing FOL. You could do way better with divine light in a bossfight.

[trollface]

I wonder if you spam FOL during divine plea

[/trollface]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemasher77 View Post
    He should be using Holy Light, Holy Shock, and WoG most of the time, and start using DL when someone's life total dips too low and there's going to be enough incoming damage that Holy Light isn't enough. He should absolutely be using DL when he needs to and in raids he's going to find himself needing to use DL most of the time.

Stop telling your paladin to use Flash of Light, that is just plain wrong. FoL should be taken off his bars. It's the most useless spell in his arsenal. He shouldn't get to a point where Flash of Light needs to be used anyway, and he wouldn't if he started to use DL at the proper time.

Although, I suppose you could use it when you proc an instant cast and you need to do something on the move and you don't have enough HoPo for a WoG.

---------- Post added 2011-09-09 at 10:04 AM ----------

Simple math makes him want to ignore your post, actually. Nobody believes that you've cleared any sort of content if you don't use DL at all and use FoL, unless you're in a 25man guild and they're carrying you. I'd certainly like to see some logs of you never using DL and doing any sort of significant healing.
    Come to Doomhammer EU and search for Búllrog. then I'll show you

i find in 5mans throwing out beacon on someone, to get 2 players topped, then toss to another then heal the lowest person, to get 2 targets healed up faster. so thats 4 targets healed, and all ur self heals ur receiving during the encounter. IT makes 5man healing a bit easier. Some peoplel have different ways they go about healing. I like to use big heals so the beacon target gets more. But everything is situational, so need to find what works out best. my 2 cents

Deleted
    "I like to use big heals so the beacon target gets more."

I won't argue with how you heal or anything but would point out that with the 100% HL->beacon transfer, a holy light will heal the beacon target for almost as much as a DL, and more than an FoL