Deleted

Gtx 580 DirectCu II in SLI ?

Hello guys, as u can see i have one (propably stupid) question. Is it possible to fit two gtx 580 DirectCu II graphics cards in asus p8z68 v-pro ?

10+ Year Old Account

If this is the mobo, then it should fit, there are 2 PCI slots between the PCI-E slots.

Deleted
    Thank u so much for a fast anserw ! Building pc is something new to me and i wasnt quite sure if i would be able to fit them

It will fit, but the fan of the top card will almost touch the bottom card. Thus the top card run hotter due to the lack of airflow.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    It will fit, but the fan of the top card will almost touch the bottom card. Thus the top card run hotter due to the lack of airflow.
    It's a quad-slot? 'cause if not there's gonna be one or two slots of air between them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It's a quad-slot? 'cause if not there's gonna be one or two slots of air between them.
    Its a triple slot cooler. And you can see on the pic that there wont be any slot between the 2 cards.

Deleted
    a directcuII munches 3 slots. so yes, the 2 cards will be really next to eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Its a triple slot cooler. And you can see on the pic that there wont be any slot between the 2 cards.
    I mixed up a bit, sorry, and thought it was the bottom slot they were talking about.

My bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've seen people on many boards suggesting against it since it's hard not to overheat the top card.

Danjal on these board says his DCII SLI is fine, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjal
    Hey since the thread was locked basicly i'll tell you how I got around this.

What you do, is you use small bit of straphom in the packaging and place it between the two cards, and in the middle between where the two top fans are, that way it can make a gap. The actual cooling system is actualy on a spring and does allow for a little bit of leway, about a gap of 1.5cm was made, then with a side fan to allow airflow into the top card. Hey presto, no heating issues at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get like a Twin Frozr for the top card, and a DCII for the bottom card. As long as they're running the same speeds it'll be fine, but I would highly discourage putting a DCII card in the top slot for SLI.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650