Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My fault we didn't kill Baleroc

I was blamed for almost every wipe. They were accusing me of being a showboat and that it wasn't a race to see who could get the most stacks. They told me that beacon should only stay on the tank and that I not put it on the respective dps during other ppl's shard turns even though it didn't interfere with stacks. They told me that I was just trying to boost my hps selfishly while not thinking about the raid, I was just trying to keep the freakin tank alive.

I left the guild, should I have?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7oumdpybl1gt5xmg/

EDIT: This was my first night healing this. This guild has also never downed baleroc.
    Last edited by silverhatred; 2011-09-07 at 01:56 PM.

Well no. Hard pressed to find you at fault. First, looks like the group just fails the dps and healing requirements of the fight. The two other healers should be ashamed of the throughput they are putting out. When healing this fight, I do keep my beacon on the MT, though, this is not necessarily optimal, now that I think about it. Your goal, healing this should be to build stacks as fast as possible in the first 30s-1minute of the fight, using two tanks so as you don't get into a scenario where the decimation blade tank does not have more hp than you can heal... I think we have that tank go to 3-4 stacks. Overall tho, unless the group can push 110-120k raid dps, you may have wanted to be working on bethilac or ryolith. Also what's up with your other healers?

We do healing rotation of all on tanks til first shard, pally(me) stays on tanks through that shard, then shammy and me alternate on each shard, while druid focus's on shards, switching onto decimation blade tank for those. Build stacks omfg, so important.

Deleted
    To my knowledge the amount transferred by the beacon when healing the others is not enough to heal the tank in any significant way - if you are not glyphed for free beacon casting then your mana may be restricted.

Otherwise I think I am correct in saying that getting stacks is important but the other healers have to share the tasks - you heal tank then others heals shards then swap.

I am sure there are others who will gladly analyse your Log but from my view you were doing well but as we dont know how much mana you were getting through or whether the other healers were getting enough Sparks, it's hard to tell from the logs alone as the logs do not record stacks properly.

Deleted
    Having the "living Flame" Buff (from healing the buffed tank and having had some vital spark stacks (i might confuse the names, but you get what i mean)) and healing the tank while beaconing the tormented player will not boost your stacks.

i personally always beacon the target i heal, simply due to creating HP from ToR.

so: you were not boosting your stacks with the beacon on the tormented target, thats not how the buffs work, but you might have lost on burst healing (WoG) due to slower HP generation.

/edit: besides, if you are the first on the shards, while the 2 other healers are on the tank, you will naturally have an advantage in term of the number of stacks you gain. simply because you started.
    Last edited by mmoca1e9535a29; 2011-09-07 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    When you are directly healing the people taking Torment you are generating Vital Sparks

When you are directly healing the Main Tank the first cast converts the sparks to Vital Flame which shows as only a single buff.

While you are healing the people taking Torment your Beacon target is taking normal healing and when you activate your Vital Flame and directly heal the Main Tank then your healing is amplified.

While you are under the effect of Vital Flame heals placed only on the tank are stronger as it is the interaction of your (Vital Sparks) converted to Vital Flame and the Main Tanks Blaze of Glory that boosts the healing taken by the him - healing anyone else while having the Vital Flame wont heal them as much as it does the Main Tank as they do not have the Blaze of Glory.

Vital Flame increases healing done to targets affected by Blaze of Glory by 5% per stack of Vital Spark consumed, lasting for 15 sec.
    If you have Glyph of Beacon of Light then putting it on the Target your healing is beneficial as it means you can generate extra Holy Power which if used wisely will help in mana conservation during this fight.

Beacon of light tansfers 50% of the heal done to the people taking Torment ( 100% if it is Holy Light ) which during the fight amounts very small heals that the Main Tank wont even notice

Looking at your Shannox fight you did 15553 average Holy Light heals - transferred via Beacon of Light = 15553 so would the Main tank notice this heal while tanking Baleroc = very doubtful. Probably about 0.1% of his health bar by 2nd or 3rd Shard Phase
    Last edited by mmocd76284f6fb; 2011-09-07 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont worry dude they are just immature. Heroic Baleroc is a pain in the asshole for any healer (cept disc). Im sure that the amount healed by beacon, especially wen the stacks get so high, is insignificant and really no point in placing on the MT. Better u get ur WoG stacks from the crystal player faster then heal the tank for an insignificant amount. They are fuking stupid for not letting u build ur stacks as high as u want. Most of the time if my guild were to wipe on this its BECAUSE the healers couldnt get enough stacks out early and cannot keep the tank up. If they are denying u these stacks then they clearly either a) dont understand ur class very well, b) arent very good or c) dont understand the mechanics of the fight.

Logs dont make a difference as long as u are healing the crystal person well. My guild finds this very hard every time we kill him as well. If they dont understand how u are going to help them healing the tank and subsequently killing the boss, then there is very little hope for them. They need to research the fight better and understand how its supposed to work.

Also looking at the dps - they were never going to kill the boss with those numbers. I took the parse from your 6:18 try and the dps were just... wtf. How did that guild kill anything rofl. My guild the tank does more dps then some of those dps. U definetly made the right choice.

So I didn't take a look at the logs but my guild's strat is as follows. I hope it helps.

We single tank the entire thing with a feral druid (avoidance ftw on Decimation Blade). Four of our six dps are split into two groups of two. Players A and B handle shard one, switching at around 12-14 stacks. Players C and D handle shard two, switching at 12-14 stacks. Then the cycle there repeats.

For healers we have a Resto Druid, Disc Priest, and Holy Paladin. The druid and priest focus on keeping the tank alive while the paladin builds stacks. We Bloodlust as soon as the first shard comes up so that he can stack faster. Once the Paladin gets to 90 stacks (roughly two and a half shards) he switches to full-time tank healing while the Preist and Druid start building stacks. The only time the priest and Druid switch is during Decimation Blade. And even then only one of them switches. We have a rotation where the Druid will assist on the first Decimation after the Pally hits 90 stacks and then the Priest does the next Decimation and they keep rotating like that. After that its just a matter of your DPS killing the big ugly in time.

Hoped I helped!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing to do when being yelled at in vent is yelling back, and if possible yell louder then they. Stand your ground. U are the healer, u decide how u heal. Aslong as it works, they shouldnt complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I was blamed for almost every wipe. They were accusing me of being a showboat and that it wasn't a race to see who could get the most stacks. They told me that beacon should only stay on the tank and that I not put it on the respective dps during other ppl's shard turns even though it didn't interfere with stacks. They told me that I was just trying to boost my hps selfishly while not thinking about the raid, I was just trying to keep the freakin tank alive.

I left the guild, should I have?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7oumdpybl1gt5xmg/

EDIT: This was my first night healing this. This guild has also never downed baleroc.
    Second to best in healing is your DK.

There is a simple solution to your problem.
    Change the raid.

Deleted
    DK self healing as the Main Tank is always high on this fight - hero class
    Last edited by mmocd76284f6fb; 2011-09-07 at 03:02 PM.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarshall View Post
    DK self healing as the Main Tank is always high on this fight - hero class
    I don't think that I've ever seen a DK outdo the actual healers though. Definitely an issue there.

When I heal that fight, I beacon switch as well. I don't really see how you, passively transferring heals through beacon, is causing the wipes. I'm not looking too much in to the logs, but if you are properly healing the spikes in damage then the qualms they have about your beacon usage is a non-issue.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2011-09-07 at 03:12 PM.

other 2 healers healed shit on that wol blame them

So.. on the first night of you being there you both get blamed for wipes and you leave the guild?

I'd say both you and your (ex)guild made wrong decisions
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Deleted
    Okay this is how i do it as a paladin.

First Crystal - Beacon tank - Spam Holy light on the torment - using holy shock and 1 holy power wog to get as many stacks as I can in first crystal - usually can ammount to about 70 - If oher healers arn't struggling i'll stay and do this again through the 2nd crystal.

Then after that I'm usually up to about 120 stacks - this should be enough for the fight. And switch to healing the tank, with beacon on the torrmented.

If I feel I need more stacks I let the other healers know and Jump back on the torrent and stack more - with my beacon back on the tank - ever little helps.

Your healing is about right - with usefull other healers you should be hitting about 25-30k hps. But they should be over 20k too. We have 2 healed this with 2 holy paladins on 10man, and 1st and 2nd crystals, the tank was kept alive 100% from beacon transfers. Then one of us switched to the tank and then swaped over every crystal or 2 depending on mana ect.

I would say you was right its the other healers that are at fault as beacon doesn't force the buff - its only direct heals.

Honestly, it sounds like the other healers are trying to make up for their shortcomings. Looking at your longest fight, the shaman only had 45 stacks of vital spark, the druid had 33. By the end of the fight, I usually have around 90+ stacks. It makes healing the tank that much easier. For them to say that you don't need to build stacks of Vital Spark as fast as possible is wrong. Make sure that they aren't also retardedly spamming heals on the tank when they should be building stacks. I would't be surprised if the other two are barely watching the buff.

Decimation blade is different, If the tank doesn't get topped off, and you're the only one healing him after taking a decimation blade, guess what? It's their fault.

Oh and the raid DPS is pretty low. Like mediocre-geared t11 low.

Leaving was the right idea, there's no way these clowns are going to get past anything other than Shannox.

Deleted
    wow indeed, when you see the healing done. its very obvious the other 2 healers are slacking a lot. since the blood DK beat them that easily.

the hard part is going to be, too tell them they got too step it up. considering they're QQ'ing alrdy since you outhealed them. so switching guilds might be a better choice then.

Deleted
    If memory serves me well, you need 116k raid DPS to kill Baleroc 10N on the enrage, so regardless of healing rotations/duties, you were never killing him.

I don't know a whole lot about healing Baleroc, but I know that our Holy Paladin keeps Beacon on the tank and then spam heals whoever is on the shard, only switching to the tank during Decimation Blade (or after he's got 100+ stacks).

Edit: That being said, I wouldn't say you caused the wipe. Like others have pointed out, your raid DPS isn't even close to being high enough to kill him. I'm the lowest DPS on that fight (OS Ret) and I pull 17k+ (with our normal DPS all pulling 20k+).
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-09-07 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    Looking at the logs your healers suck (except you).

They are doing things wrong and not getting enough stacks for themselves to be able to heal the tanks. If you are able to heal the tanks and continue to generate some stacks in very brief lull moments the more power to you. Every healer should be doing the most they can to get as many stacks as they can while keeping the tank alive when it is their designated tank healing time.

Your healers HPS were HORRENDOUS. The reason the DK was so high was because I take it he was the main tank and therefore his health pool was very high making his deathstrikes heal for loads. However that doesnt mean that he should be second on healing.

The only way you could have caused the wipes is if you were failing to keep the tank alive when you needed to and just go for whoring out stacks.
    However, I don't think that is the case. The DPS is absolutely terrible and it wouldn't surprise me if the shard soakers were failing miserably and using defensive cooldowns at the wrong points. There is also no way in hell you can make the enrage timer with your top dps sitting at only 17.5k.

You were correct to leave the guild. They are raiding Firelands and the DPS can't pull even close to 20k and the other healers are too quick to play the blame game.
    People who can't pull close to 20k in Firelands who should be in full 359s, 378s, and 365s, are bad players. My alt in ZA gear and 359s pulls that, ESPECIALLY in a 10 man raiding environment where there are a lot of buffs to help your dps. There is no hope for that guild to ever kill Baleroc.
    Except for a completely new raid group.

If you do this fight with 3 healers it'q quite easy (especially if your 2 healers can handle 2 inferno blades at the start (if they are))

- as paladin i start at raid.
    - i pop up divine favor and shaman use bloodlust so i can stack sparks fast.
    - mostly i use holy light, shock and 1hp wog, when target is low, i try to cast few flash lights. (i don't spam them all the time, so i don't run out of mana).
    - if you got a shadow priest, retribution pala, or any class who can absorb more than 10 stacks, it's even easier, because you can gather stacks more faster (the more stacks of debuff the target have, the more stacks of sparks you get).
    - 2 healers stay on tanks as long as they are able.
    - usually i gather like 70 - 100 stacks of vital spark and after that i move to tanks.
    - i still have the beacon on the main tank.
    - i keep activated vital flame buff and just heal the raid with holy light (100% transfer to tank) and at the same time keeping the tank alive.
    - during decimation i put beacon on the offtank (if you use one) then: (precast) divine light, divine light, wog/fl and repeat 3x.

With this tactic you just move from raid to tanks and stay there all the time. If it happen, that the second ability at the start is decimation blade, you got to move from tanks back to raid to gather more stacks.

Anyway, from what i read, you have been moving beacon over tormented players. This got some +/-

Plus:
    - you have been casting on tank (with also include mastery shield).

Minus:
    - you lost lots of global cooldowns moving your beacon.
    - you lost the flexibility of being able to fast top up your main tank (tower of radiance + flash/divine light on tank with beacon).

When i looked into the logs ... i see no clear stacking of vital spraks in any of your healers .... I seems like you were switching from raid to tanks and back far too often (including you, but you did better that those other two healers).