Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My ISP doesn't even have limited internet. The cheapest plan is about 30mpbs unlimited for €10.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my countrie in terms of internet , Portugal has one of the best services in the world, so i get a 25 mbps unlimited trafic internet , with television , and phone for like 65 euros.

If the laws of your country is based around the latin expression "Bonus Pater" then you can be billed for the extra bandwidth you've used as you are supposed to be a lawabiding citizen, and not scam companies for something you don't pay for.

If not, well then it's their own fault, and they will probably do two things.
    1. Shut down your connection in case of abuse
    2. Stop your bandwidth limit @ the 40 gb you're used to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    ISP's job to regulate their plans and bill their customers. They can't come back later and say "hey we messed up so you owe us X amount of money".
    Actually it's possible for to have a contract allowing the ISP to redebit a customer even if the customer hasn't done anything "wrong". At least in Europe, got no idea if it might be different in other parts of the world.

@OP, you should contact your ISP, you don't want to have to pay for all of it afterwards.

I downloaded more than 40 gigs... yesterday
    How do you do it?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    I love my countrie in terms of internet , Portugal has one of the best services in the world, so i get a 25 mbps unlimited trafic internet , with television , and phone for like 65 euros.
    What? the best services? Man I can have that for 26 euros with tv and phone too lol. ( France ).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafax View Post
    In france for internet at 25MBps unlimited + phone to 71 coutries + phone to mobile + television it's just 35 euros.

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

A local Rock Quarry didn't receive a water bill for something like 30 years. The water company found out about the error and turned around and billed them for that entire period.

That said, I would recommend being mostly honest about it. Tell them you were thinking about it and realized you weren't getting any slow down and looked it up and saw the issue. I wouldn't mention that you've known pretty much the whole time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodalos View Post
    In france for internet at 25MBps unlimited + phone to 71 coutries + phone to mobile + television it's just 35 euros.
    25MBps? More like 25Mbps, else you'd have a 200Mbit/sec. :P
    But yea, I'm a bit jelly either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god that would be terrible. Rainmeter shows me as having downloaded 345GB in the last 3 weeks. I would never survive!

ISP's job to regulate their plans and bill their customers. They can't come back later and say "hey we messed up so you owe us X amount of money".
    entirely incorrect,

They are fully within there rights to pursue you for any money owed for services rendered, its in your contract

much like an employer is fully within his rights to obtain money that was overpaid to an employee, its the law, at least in the developed world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have unlimited, 1000/Gbps (as fast as the networks and SSD or HDD allows it), for 9 EUR. I can't comprehend limited GB... seriously. I've had speeds of up to 30MB/s, I'd be capped in a few days.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I have unlimited, 1000/Gbps (as fast as the networks and SSD or HDD allows it), for 9 EUR. I can't comprehend limited GB... seriously. I've had speeds of up to 30MB/s, I'd be capped in a few days.
    30MB/s sure is as fast as SSD allows....lol

come to romania. best internet ever and hot women. that's pretty much it

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    At 30MB/s you'd break the cap in like... 20 minutes.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much this. We had an issue with our gas and the meter wasn't working at our place for like a year. We never got billed for all the energy we used. They can't fault you for their stuff being broken.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    can some one please tell me what Elpalmo is talking about ? isnt internet always limitless ? 40 gig douwnload is fing nothing thats like what ? 4 compleet tv series ?

I would definitely get some legal advice about it if I was you. You don't have to go to them directly, you could pose the question to a different but similar ISP in your area and see what they would do (most likely it would be similar). You could also try get in contact with someone who is extremely knowledgeable about your ISP's policy.

Yes I agree that it's your ISP's fault to regulate it and if they stuff up to your benefit, then it's their stuff up and you can simply feign innocence and that you didn't even realize the change had occurred. However unless you have ready every single last line of every single, big, bold, fine or wtfinvisible print they have in their policies and are 100% sure that you are not at risk, you can never really be sure or at rest.

Heck, some ISP's might even go the extra mile of upgrading you legally for free to that type of line if you are honest and bring the issue up with them. Who knows, maybe there are actually another 20 people who are benefiting the same and without you informing them, they are loosing money and capacity.

Moderator and contributor for The Consortium, a legitimate gold making discussion community that is also the home base for the TradeSkillMaster addon, and The Undermine Journal and WoWuction Web Applications.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ico View Post
    snt internet always limitless ?
    No, it depends on your specific agreement with your ISP. Though the ratio of capped vs. uncapped connections varies from area to area.

US and UK for example fare fairly poorly; restricted connections - slow ones at that, are quite common. Both countries have quite significant infrastructure problems.

truth is they could try but you can tell them to stfu and they wont have a choice but accept.

Question whatever you take for granted.