Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hopefully an MMOFPS. Need something to pick up where PlanetSide left off, just on the right foot this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    It's Blizzard's collaboration project with Dreamworks for a MMOFPS based on Megamind. They even say in the movie it's the only name he can trademark.

I'm naming my first toon Metroman.
    I would love to be in a capital city called Metrocity. ^_^

Deleted
    A facebook app.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    I put in my vote to agree with this guy.. They didn't partner with bungie to not use Halo...
    They partnered with Bungie?

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely another genre MMO. So that it can actually coexcist with wow.

But I'm not going to play it anyway, because I only like RPG's.

"* Titan is possibly taking a "The Secret World" type approach. Wide variety of environments or "universes" and many different types of gameplay.
    * One of these worlds may have a Stan Sakai influence, but there will be elements of fantasy and scifi from the other writers.
    * Possible change in gameplay depending on the "world" you're in.
    * Designed with real world payment systems from the ground up with heavy social integration. Not an Auction House, but rather a way to buy, sell, rent, or trade virtual constructions or items.
    * Game will have multiple expansion packs.
    * Not a casual game, but will have casual elements in the gameplay. Blizzard looking to compete with Zynga and snag their customers."
    I think this is the most likely scenario, based on who they've been hiring, current blizzard philosophies, and the small scraps of information that his been dug up. Personally, it's not my bag. In trying to please everyone, they'll end up pleasing no one.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Code name so far. No trademark has been filed.
    Then , If I had a new game to put on the market, I would call it ........... TITAN

Deleted
    didnt they partner with bungie on this, or bungie was also working on a project titan or something, so im expecting something spacey, could end up really good.

God I hope it's not an MMOFPS, I wouldnt touch it. I hope they've seen the success they can get by designing a game that appeals to all age groups like WoW, an MMOFPS wouldnt achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    MMOFPS really isn't an original concept. Hell there has been enough to have top 10 lists.
    I'd like to see this list. As far as I am aware there have only been two actual MMOFPS released, and 1 confirmed in the works (PlanetSide 2) and one rumored (the Bungie game).

So I count 4 total.

Deleted
    im just gona guess, it will be a better verion of firefall =/= has non borderlands graphics and more development into it making it basicly like WoW was when they made it.

MMORPGFPS

Try to bring in the Halo/MW/BF crowd as well as keep the WoW one. I'd say its not a coincidence that it is slated to be released around the same time as another WoW expansion. So something will tie it in with WoW/Bnet etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    They partnered with Bungie?
    There's some mixed words about this, but here's the clarity.

Activision is working with Bungie on a MMOFPS - This has been confirmed. It's not going to be Halo - as Microsoft owns the rights to Halo and that universe.

That's about all that's been announced.

So, people are thinking that maybe Activision has hired Bungie to work with Blizz on their MMO and that Titan/Activision MMOFPS are, in fact, one in the same.

I personally don't think they are and that they're two different projects altogether.

Deleted
    I think it will be *puts sunglases on*

"Titanic"

AWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWww YEAH.

Quote Originally Posted by achaeon View Post
    God I hope it's not an MMOFPS, I wouldnt touch it. I hope they've seen the success they can get by designing a game that appeals to all age groups like WoW, an MMOFPS wouldnt achieve that.
    That's kinda how I feel too.

They said that Titan is to reach a "broader audience" than WoW. So I'm not thinking an FPS is going to do that.

Unless "Broader Audience" is meant to be tricky wording - and are simply saying they're making a game that can also be on the home Console systems too.

Deleted
    One of a family of giants, the children of Uranus and Gaea, who sought to rule heaven and were overthrown and supplanted by the family of Zeus.
    They prob had a reeaaaaaly large penis too.

are we allowed to use the P word?

Borderlands type MMO would be my guess!

Universe of Starcraft. Though it'll be like Starcraft: Ghost, but largely expanded upon.

That's my guess; they know and have admitted that a game doesn't succeed without lore/ a background.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I think it's going to be a big mish-mash of ideas. Primarily it will be a Sims/Second life style game centered around player-created content. Inside people will be able to have tools to create any kind of mini-game they wish to.
    this.........