Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Whatever isn't used in the cache is freed up as a partition so you can put whatever you want on it
    Ok, makes sense. ;o Still doesn't feel ideal to go 510 for caching, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I don't see how the Scout is good. It looks prone to poor thermal abilities and completely lacks cable-management.
    The Antec 900 Series has just as little cable management and even less room to route cables behind the MOBO/anywhere in general. As far as Thermal Abilities it's plenty spacious and my friends PC actually runs a bit cooler than mine in my Antec 900.

Get yourself a pack of zip tie mounts and the Scout is an awesome case (espcially given the price of the Scout) considering how much room is on the backside of the MOBO/HD tray to zip tie your cables out of sight.

Depending on how you want to place your Noctua inside your case, be sure your RAM are low enough to get under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Optochip View Post
    The Antec 900 Series has just as little cable management and even less room to route cables behind the MOBO/anywhere in general. As far as Thermal Abilities it's plenty spacious and my friends PC actually runs a bit cooler than mine in my Antec 900.

Get yourself a pack of zip tie mounts and the Scout is an awesome case (espcially given the price of the Scout) considering how much room is on the backside of the MOBO/HD tray to zip tie your cables out of sight.
    To be perfectly honest I wouldn't recommend either case in all likelihood, so there we go.

I'd pick the Define V3, CM 690 II, Silverstone Raven, and a good handful of other cases whose names elude me right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be perfectly honest I wouldn't recommend either case in all likelihood, so there we go.

I'd pick the Define V3, CM 690 II, Silverstone Raven, and a good handful of other cases whose names elude me right now.
    agree 100%. after building 3 computers recently, one with a ft02, one with a define r3 and the other with the antec 900, the antec 900 was definitely the hardest and least-polished case. the layout of the ft02 was my favorite, but the cable management of the r3 was probably better with cable management. i own a cm690 but haven't really touched it since i built it almost three years ago (and didn't care about management as much then) so i can't comment on it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

The CM 690 II (IMO of course) is no better at cooling or cable management than the Scout, and my friends CM 690 II fell apart in less than a years time. He replaced the CM with a Storm Sniper and has been running that case since then, so I'm more likely to refer someone to a Storm series case than I am a CM 690 II.

The Raven is almost double the cost of what the OP had listed for his case, while it is a nice case (albeit a FUGLY one to me :P) it just seemed a bit of a jump cost wise.

The Fractal Design R3 I have nothing bad to really say about, quality case and a price around what the OP was going to originally spend, so I'll give you that one.

CASE: Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower

Cheaper. Way better for your needs. Just add the monitor in there
    agree 100%. after building 3 computers recently, one with a ft02, one with a define r3 and the other with the antec 900, the antec 900 was definitely the hardest and least-polished case.
    Not trying to troll or pick a fight, just pointing out that you recommended him the 900 and then say you wouldn't recommend it to someone :P

15+ Year Old Account

Not trying to troll or pick a fight, just pointing out that you recommended him the 900 and then say you wouldn't recommend it to someone :P
    he was agreeing about the other cases comment, I'm thinking. Just because the 900 isn't a great case, doesn't mean it won't work for someone
    s specific request/situation.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    he was agreeing about the other cases comment, I'm thinking.
    Would make more sense that way lol.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Just because the 900 isn't a great case, doesn't mean it won't work for someones specific request/situation.
    After having one since the 900's first came out and then helping friends build their PC's using all the newer cases, I would personally recommend people AWAY from getting a 900. They're semi cramped inside, and you can get cases that offer just as much cooling if not more, all while giving more room for cable management, expansion, and tool free installation on drive bays and such. Just my $.02 though.

The CM 690 II (IMO of course) is no better at cooling or cable management than the Scout, and my friends CM 690 II fell apart in less than a years time. He replaced the CM with a Storm Sniper and has been running that case since then, so I'm more likely to refer someone to a Storm series case than I am a CM 690 II.
    Outside of lacking grommets for the cable-management, the possibility for cable-management doesn't take a trained eye to notice is distinctly superior when done right. It is most certainly better cooled than the Storm Scout, particularly in a non-default setup.

The case shouldn't be any more flimsy than others, so if it breaks I'm honest-to-god baffled as to how your friend/-s accomplish it.

The Raven is almost double the cost of what the OP had listed for his case, while it is a nice case (albeit a FUGLY one to me :P) it just seemed a bit of a jump cost wise.
    Really? Sites I looked at listed them around the same pricerange actually, but I might just have skimmed.
    In Norway, the price-differencials can be a little harder to keep track of, I admit, so it might just be me who saw it on a Norwegian site and registered it to memory wrongly.

Deleted
    Would make more sense that way lol.

After having one since the 900's first came out and then helping friends build their PC's using all the newer cases, I would personally recommend people AWAY from getting a 900. They're semi cramped inside, and you can get cases that offer just as much cooling if not more, all while giving more room for cable management, expansion, and tool free installation on drive bays and such. Just my $.02 though.
    I'd say if someone is interested in the 900 then get the 902 (V3) or find some other case, the original 900 is nothing great, the 902 has usb3 slot in front, 2,5" bottom mounted ssd slot, painted interior, middle cooler slot, cpu and cable management cutouts along with slighty different design at the top as well as more sturdy material (quite a weight difference between the two actually), whether that warrants the extra price depends on the buyer. I'm happy with my 902 v3 but I probably wouldn't go for the vanilla 900 since the only thing it has to it's name is the cooling.

Really? Sites I looked at listed them around the same pricerange actually, but I might just have skimmed.
    In Norway, the price-differencials can be a little harder to keep track of, I admit, so it might just be me who saw it on a Norwegian site and registered it to memory wrongly.
    All good :P, I just went strictly off Newegg since that's what I generally assume is the baseline for most pricing that people look at (in the US and Canada at least). The RV01 is $229.99 + $28.99 Shipping, the RV02 is $189.99 + $28.99 Shipping, and the RV03 is $159.99 + $27.32 Shipping.

I'd also probably recommend the NZXT Lexa S or Tempest Evo.

Those look pretty darn good, and seem to have some quite decent cooling and cable-management.
    But I'm uncertain of pricetag off the top of my head.

NZXT Tempest Evo.
    I never thought I'd say this about an NZXT case (cause they usually look like sci-fi fantasy cases doing heroin), but that actually looks pretty awesome!

Haha. I was actually fangirling over the NZXT Phantom Black/Orange yesterday... Shame I can't figure out a good enough excuse to make myself buy it.

Haha. I was actually fangirling over the NZXT Phantom Black/Orange yesterday...
    We'll have to agree to disagree on the look of that case :P.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got me on that one. Though, in my defense, I didn't "recommend it", per-say, I selected it because it's what he had originally chosen in his first post, and cases are personal preferences

touché.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right