Trading chaos orb's

Would it not be nice if whe could trade orb's between guild members, would be easyer for the guild to make the gear that the guild members need. Ofcorse it would be a problem, because what with the BOE craft's. It's possible that the will sell it, but there can be build in that that crafted object becomes BOP. Orb's will stay soulbond offcourse but with this system(cinda like the trade system) every1 from the guild can use is orb's to get better gear and will not need to wait till that crafter as a lot orb's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bound to Guild items. I like the idea but people would sell the orbs by inviting the person, trading the orb for cash, and then booting them. Although I think it's stupid that the orbs aren't BoE anyway.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

There's no point doing Bind to Guild. It is very easy to join and leave a guild, so that route might as well make the item un-bound.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

I think the fact they are BoP adds a little depth to the game, instead of just stocking orbs and making hundreds of items, its something you actually have to work for in cata.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I like it. Orbs should be BoP

Why not Bind on Guild with a guild reputation requirement? I could see that working quite nicely. Although I personally think they should be BoE already
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    There's no point doing Bind to Guild. It is very easy to join and leave a guild, so that route might as well make the item un-bound.
    Or, They could be bind to guild and be placed in the guild bank, and only tradeable with people that have at least honored reputation say, that would eliminate people being invited to a guild to buy orbs as they would start off neutral.

Arcilux beat me to it ><

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    the bind to guild idea works..minimum honored to use it so that its not just a free for all trading game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Required honored rep then? As for this suggestion, I fully support this. I'm an engineer on my main and I still have 27 orbs from my T11 5-man days (passed on orbs since), better give them to my guildies for their gear or for some extra gold.

It could work if you have to have a certain reputation with the guild instead of just joining and leaving like some have said already. Personally though, I'd rather have them as a bind to account item. Hate getting the orbs on a character I don't want them on instead of the character I need them on

I don't get why they are not BoE, I mean its not like you have to work hard to get it.
    Its just more of a waste of time getting them than its a challengeing effort

4.3 should make them sellable imo...at this point its not like theyd be worth a ridiculous amount
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

They'll probably go BoE in 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Vudkah View Post
    I think the fact they are BoP adds a little depth to the game, instead of just stocking orbs and making hundreds of items, its something you actually have to work for in cata.
    It really doesn't. The difference in BoP vs. BoE is which toon you have to get them on. Using myself as an example, I have a mage who is my Tailor and a Pally tank who is my blacksmith. If I want orbs on my pally, pretty easy, just go tank some old cata heroics for a few hours and I have what I need. Instant tank queues are great like that. My mage though, If I want orbs for tailoring, will have to sit useless for 20 minutes while his queue pops, then try to get the orb.

Granted, because tailors don't necessarily need orbs (dreamcloth can come from the volatile recipes) its not a perfect example, but you get the point. Farming them is a huge time sink, especially for dps-only characters. Making them BoE removes that problem. Sure, that means everyone can roll on them now for the gold or personal use, but at least its easier to farm them or just buy them if you want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    People might as well get over this. I wish they would make them BoA or something but I highly doubt its going to happen.
    Warrior For Life

Quote Originally Posted by Argantyr View Post
    I don't get why they are not BoE, I mean its not like you have to work hard to get it.
    Its just more of a waste of time getting them than its a challengeing effort
    Can't even begin to tell you how many Frozen Orbs I had throughout WotLK, which is exactly why they went back to using BoP orbs. There is zero reason that if someone picks blacksmithing, they should not be the one to get the items required for the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddishere View Post
    They'll probably go BoE in 4.3
    I hope not.. SOOOO many people still Need on them all the time in dungeons... ALL the time, I'm sure most of it is people just stockpiling so they can make a killing when they become BOE, screw anyone that may actually need them.

Would be great for their hoards to just sit there in their bank forever more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I hope not.. SOOOO many people still Need on them all the time in dungeons... ALL the time, I'm sure most of it is people just stockpiling so they can make a killing when they become BOE, screw anyone that may actually need them.

Would be great for their hoards to just sit there in their bank forever more
    Or to counter this, make them BoP when you win them through need, BoE when you win them through greed. (As they've done with all the BoE's dropping while in a group.)

Deleted
    Chaos orbs beeing BoP should stay that way. It´s a good thing, that only those who can use them for crafting are able to get them. Maybe it´s sad for those ninjas, that roll need on anything valuable to sell it afterwards, but that shouldn´t be my problem. If you want an item containing orbs, you have to do something for it (pay gold for it, or farm the orbs to craft them yourself).

they should beBoA im sick of having 17 on mydruid (LW) and 1-3 on my pala (bS) because of rotten roll luck on pala