Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Its very easy to get a six iv now. Especially if you already have a high iv male in that egg group. I took that a step further and got those, but foreign. That was before pokebank was around for a few people . Doesn't save too much time if you are doing it right.
    Ugh... I know? I am breeding after all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It is only cheating if it gives you an advantage.
    If the end goal is "create a perfect Pokemon" then it's absolutely cheating.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    You get an advantage by having access to perfect iv pokemon while other people will be running 4-5ivs...

Is it impossible to get a 6iv pokemon through breeding? No. Is it incredibly difficult? Yes. By using genning you are literally bypassing a core mechanic of the game using a 3rd party program!
    I already covered this. You ignored it. I refuse to go in circles with you if you are just going to ignore half of what I say and read what you want to read.

Ignored.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Reading through this, I am reminded of people who told me they bot in battlegrounds because their time is worth more and that if other people don't like it it's their fault for not using botting programs and "getting on their level."
    This is totally different. Doing battlegrounds in WoW is the actual goal. People that bot in battlegrounds are helpless, because they are paying for a game which they have a bot to play for them.

In Pokemon, breeding is nothing else than running back and forth in a road made for it in each gen waiting for the RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    stop quarreling! watch movies instead!
    http://sync-video.com/r/rLJxC3wL

mewtwo strikes back just begun!
    I don't like these YouTube uploads that bypass Content ID matching by zooming in the video, because, well, part of the image is missing :/ Looks stupid when a characters head might be missing from the picture.

There is a level of pride in Pokemon that is very clearly there.

That's why people come running to this thread, foaming with excitement about how they just found a shiny. And people congratulate them.

I believe that's the root of the problem: that all your hard work gets undermined by someone else using an illegal method.

In the end, it's not a huge deal to me that people want to jump to shortcuts in video games 'cause it's just a video game. But to people that find Pokemon much more meaningful in their lives than I do, I can absolutely empathize with their feelings.
    Right. Pride is personal so if you want to fill your pride do it the long way.

Since you can create a "perfect" pokemon without cheating, but just with more time your point is moot. If it was impossible to create a perfect pokemon without 3rd party software then you would have a point.

This is what I have been saying the entire time!

- - - Updated - - -

Right. Pride is personal so if you want to fill your pride do it the long way.

Since you can create a "perfect" pokemon without cheating, but just with more time your point is moot. If it was impossible to create a perfect pokemon without 3rd party software then you would have a point.
    The fact that you are using 3rd party software to do it is more than enough to constitute cheating. By using it, you are bypassing a major mechanic of the game.

"Cheating" is a rather ambiguous term to begin with. A lot of people consider reading strategy guides or FAQs cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    You get an advantage by having access to perfect iv pokemon while other people will be running 4-5ivs...

Is it impossible to get a 6iv pokemon through breeding? No. Is it incredibly difficult? Yes. By using genning you are literally bypassing a core mechanic of the game using a 3rd party program!
    It's not difficult, actually. Especially in 6th gen, all you need is destiny knot.

so, what are ye quarreling about? Genning or cloning?
    I like my coffe like my mages.

so, what are ye quarreling about? Genning or cloning?
    Genning from the look of it. I came in halfway through the argument though. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I searched my boxes, and I noticed this little guy:

Banette.
    Nature: Brave
    IVs: 31/31/31/12/31/4
    EVs: 252HP/252Atk/6Def
    Moveset: Sucker Punch, Cotton Guard, Trick Room, Taunt.

Interested Zito?
    Having never really been competitive in pokémon, but knowing about EV/IV, how do you measure these stats so precisly? I know of the "Judges" that will tell about an IV in an interval, but how do you know exactly that your Banette has 12 or 4?

(Seems like I'll finally get my Pokemon Y this wednesday, can't wait!)

Time isn't an advantage. It never has been. Seriously come back with an argument.
    Would be nice to live in a world where time wouldn't be a person's most precious resource, but alas, it is. That's why some people don't like others cheating their way to the end goal, bypassing the time requirement to reach it.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2014-01-11 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    "Cheating" is a rather ambiguous term to begin with. A lot of people consider reading strategy guides or FAQs cheating.
    Exactly.

Nevertheless, there's no point in talking about this, since:

1) Genning does not give the maker ANY advantage over someone else. There is no advantage gained by using X programme to generate pokemon, since it grants nothing more than anyone can in-game get by normal methods.

2) Does it save time? Of course it does.

3) Is it the same with in-game bred/caught pokemon? It does not matter. You can visit sites (not going to mention which ones) from which you can download and send legit pokemon to your game. And there you have it.

Group 84 is almost done

woo

Exactly.

1) Genning Cloning does not give the maker ANY advantage over someone else. There is no advantage gained by using X programme to generate pokemon, since it grants nothing more than anyone can in-game get by normal methods.
    genning can give you pokemon with moves or abilities you shouldn't have :b

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Having never really been competitive in pokémon, but knowing about EV/IV, how do you measure these stats so precisly? I know of the "Judges" that will tell about an IV in an interval, but how do you know exactly that your Banette has 12 or 4?

It can be calculated. Just punch in the numbers of your pokemon here, and you should get pretty accurate results. Keep in mind that it works best when you know the exact EV spred of your pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post

It's very easy. Here's the link: http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml. You don't need to fill all the boxes if the pokemon is close to 100. Or to be more precise, the higher the level of the pokemon, the less attributes you need to input. The calculator can give you precise IVs if you only enter the raw stats of the pokemon if it is at level 50. Keep in mind that this will only work if you know and input the EVs though. Random EV trained pokemon (which usually means pokemon you fought the game with) cannot realistically have their IVs measured, except if you use pokecheck, which will just instantly give you the results with no delay or inputs. The serebii calculator can also be used offline though.

genning can give you pokemon with moves or abilities you shouldn't have :b
    We are always speaking of legal gennng.
    Last edited by Well; 2014-01-11 at 09:43 PM.

We are always speaking of legal gennng.
    ofcourse :3

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It can be calculated. Just punch in the numbers of your pokemon here, and you should get pretty accurate results. Keep in mind that it works best when you know the exact EV spred of your pokemon.
    Not there. Use serebii or Smogon even. Every other site may be less trustworthy and more faulty.

- - - Updated - - -

ofcourse :3
    Illegal pokemon cannot be used in anything other than personal usage. Illegal traits are automatically filtered online, so there's nothing really to talk about there.