Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Watchin' a huge tear jerker cinematic in Naruto game (jpn dub, eng sub), when ...

... made me think about mons. Nice to see game devs using this word too, quite unusual (at least for me).
    Last edited by mmoc8ded9ea3f2; 2014-04-26 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo

.... MY MIND IS IN THE GUTTER
    gawd tahuun
    such lewd
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    .... MY MIND IS IN THE GUTTER
    gawd tahuun
    such lewd
    Hey, I don't see it being used too often. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Hey, I don't see it being used too often. :/
    ohwell :b whatcha doin'?

I'm watching Dreamhack 2014 on twitch and WT'ing more shinx.

Deleted
    Since 320th Ralts batch, I have my Y game on hold for now. Watchin' 9th pokemon season (last hoenn one) and playin' Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Fullburst.

Since 320th Ralts batch, I have my Y game on hold for now. Watchin' 9th pokemon season (last hoenn one) and playin' Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Fullburst.
    one of my friends play the ninja storm games, he owes me a lot of money D:
    also, i can't give up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Don't bother with Hidden Power. The base power is weak and if you look at the types that your pokemon have you don't really need it. Just use Earthquake/Ice Beam. What you could get in place of HP are boosting moves such as Calm Mind or on your Ninetales Sunny Day in order to make sure the sun stays.

If you don't like Sub on Lapras theres a couple of thigns you could try. There's recovery in the form of Rest (might consider adding Sleep Talk). Another option would be Toxic to just outlast stuff. If that isn't to your liking there's additional coverage with Thunderbolt and Psychic.

Definitely grab Dragon Pulse on Ampharos, much better attacking type than Bug and once you get your Megastone it gets STAB.
    In regards to Altaria it comes down to preference, although I could see Earthquake being more useful.

Well that's that, I can't really think of more. Gallade you don't need to change in the slightest(maybe, just maybe Swords Dance for Leaf Blade) and the decision between Mismagius and Sylveon is again preference.

Disclaimer: I am not sure if any of these moves are eclusive to endgame.
    Thanks for the advice.

I started noticing Hidden Power's power wasn't that great. I only really put it since I didn't know what else to put and Smogon always seems to have it.

I'm thinking of having Light screen instead of Dragon Pulse for Ampharos. Signal beam was helpful during the Victory Road though. Dragon Pulse is good, but I'm thinking of how I'll handle Mega Gardevoir.

I decided on Mismagius. She really got me through Pearl. She seems squishier here, but being able to switch out so many TMs is useful for the E4.

I like the idea for Toxic on Lapras. Rest and Sleep Talk is good too, but it seems better for competitions, since I could just heal her with a Full restore or hyper/max potion.
    What about the following:
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Ice Shard
    -Toxic

Thunderbolt seems useful for water types, especially since she knows waters absorb, but I already have Gallade, Mismagius, Ampharos, and ninetales.

Well finally at the E4, so we'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by sergel02; 2014-04-26 at 07:46 PM.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    -snippety snip-
    Good luck. What levels are your mons?

inb4 E4 and Diantha sweeped.

10+ Year Old Account
    After defeating the in game Elite 4 why not give our tournament a try

<3 shameless self promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    inb4 E4 and Diantha sweeped.
    Good luck. What levels are your mons?
    haha thanks

Altaria - 66
    Ninetales - 65
    Ampharos -63
    Gallade - 62
    Lapras - 62
    Mismagius - 62

Altaria and ninetales I got from trades, Altaria from someone on here actually, which is why they are so high.

Going to take on Malva. First one I'm trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to hearing how badly you spanked everyone!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    haha thanks

Altaria - 66
    Ninetales - 65
    Ampharos -63
    Gallade - 62
    Lapras - 62
    Mismagius - 62

Altaria and ninetales I got from trades, Altaria from someone on here actually, which is why they are so high.

Going to take on Malva. First one I'm trying.
    Remember to say "yes" to Siebold. He is a ... sensitive artist.

Malva was pretty easy, which is why I started with her. The whole battle took 6 minutes.

It's kind of funny, because I didn't want to use my Lapras against her torkal since it knew stone edge and earthquake, so I sent my Altaria. Kept healing and Cotton guarding, and then the turtle got a crit and knocked him out. So I sent Lapras and she one-shotted the thing with surf XD

Will probably do Siebold next. Actually I'm just going to walk into whatever chamber is next to Malva's and do that one.

Edit: So I just finished Siebold.

Took slightly longer than Malva. 6:20

I opened with my ninetales. Because of Drought, I got a first turn Solarbeam and one-shotted clawtzier(?). Kind of surprised and slightly disappointed, since I've since that thing give so many people trouble.

His Gyrados, however, took more time than the others combined. I knew it knew earthquake, so I sent Altaria to cotton guard and eat some up. It kept damaging itself because of Rocky Helmet, but what I didn't know is that it knew Ice Fang lol

After Altaria was down I sent Ampharos, but poor thing was one-shotted by earthquake. Since it used like 3-4 dragon dances, only other thing that could fit was Lapras, so then it became a long battle of attrition. I used toxic and ice beam and because of leftovers and an X-Defend managed to bring it down slowly. Ahh, she always saves me in a pinch, ever since my first pokemon game.

Rest were easy. Barbaracle went down to Mismagius' Energy Ball in one shot, and then she two shotted Starmie with Shadow Ball, even with Light Screen up. Course I had a spell tag on

Off to the next one!
    Last edited by sergel02; 2014-04-26 at 09:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of funny, because I didn't want to use my Lapras against her torkal since it knew stone edge and earthquake, so I sent my Altaria. Kept healing and Cotton guarding, and then the turtle got a crit and knocked him out. So I sent Lapras and she one-shotted the thing with surf XD
    Poor birdie. :<

-fluffs up his wings- Get back in the fight!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Malva was pretty easy, which is why I started with her. The whole battle took 6 minutes.

Will probably do Siebold next. Actually I'm just going to walk into whatever chamber is next to Malva's and do that one.

Edit: So I just finished Siebold.

Took slightly longer than Malva. 6:20

I opened with my ninetales. Because of Drought, I got a first turn Solarbeam and one-shotted clawtzier(?). Kind of surprised and slightly disappointed, since I've since that thing give so many people trouble.

His Gyrados, however, took more time than the others combined. I knew it knew earthquake, so I sent Altaria to cotton guard and eat some up. It kept damaging itself because of Rocky Helmet, but what I didn't know is that it knew Ice Fang lol

After Altaria was down I sent Ampharos, but poor thing was one-shotted by earthquake. Since it used like 3-4 dragon dances, only other thing that could fit was Lapras, so then it became a long battle of attrition. I used toxic and ice beam and because of leftovers and an X-Defend managed to bring it down slowly. Ahh, she always saves me in a pinch, ever since my first pokemon game.

Rest were easy. Barbaracle went down to Mismagius' Energy Ball in one shot, and then she two shotted Starmie with Shadow Ball, even with Light Screen up. Course I had a spell tag on

Off to the next one!
    Yeah, the main dish in his menu is his Gyarados. If you let it dance and don't have a tank up your sleeve, it's over. Keep going.

Just beat Drasna. That was surprisingly easy. Only took 5:20.

1. Opened with Gallade against her Dragalge. Gallade couldn't one-shot her, but that was could because Drasna kept using full restores.

2. I tend to like switching my pokemon around, so I sent Lapras for Altaria. I started with Ice Shard since I thought it was going to Cotton Guard, but I should have just used Ice Beam. Would have taken one less turn.

3. Sent Mismagius in for Druddigon. It's funny, since the only move Druddigon can use on her is Dragon Tail. it brought our Altaria, who I did a cotton guard again since I wasn't expecting dragon tail again. Then ninetales came in and finished her off with Flamethrower and Dark pulse.

4. Brought in Ampharos for noivern. Used light screen and Thunder wave since the dragon had a more powerful flamethrower from Ninetales' Drought. Like with lapras, I should have just used my move from the start. Used Power Gem with Hard Rock and 2-shotted it.

Off to Mr. Steel now!

Edit: Ya know something funny happened with Malva's Chandelure. I sent my Ninetales and kept using Calm Mind while it kept using Confide. That went on for like 3 turns without either one attacking. 3 shotted it with Dark Pulse.

Just beat Wikstrom, which was even easier. 4:20 is all it took.
    One-shotted his Klefki and Scizor with Ninetales' Flamethrower. Probopass got beat by Mega Ampharos after some Thunderbolts.

Aegislash was fun. I sent Altaria and did my usual cotton guard move, with some flamethrowers. It got close but I eventually got it down. All the stance changes were fun.

Off to the champion now.
    Last edited by sergel02; 2014-04-26 at 10:37 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck against mega Gardy, that can be a pain to beat

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    Good luck against mega Gardy, that can be a pain to beat
    Poison Jab, problem solved.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Poison Jab, problem solved.
    Or STAB brave bird(suicide bird doe)