Thread: Pokémon!

If they actually bothered to bump up the aesthetics, or change the perspective of battles, it could add tons.

I don't even have a 3DS and I hate the idea of them staying on the DS for even one more game.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    If they actually bothered to bump up the aesthetics, or change the perspective of battles, it could add tons.

I don't even have a 3DS and I hate the idea of them staying on the DS for even one more game.
    Changing the perspective for the 2D games would require more work than it's worth for Nintendo, having to create all Pokémon from the different angles animated and all that, just not worth it. I also like my 2D Pokémon games from that one perspective, although I do dig the camera zooming in B/W. That's probably just me though, to me some things should just stay the same. No need to go to another console when this works perfectly fine, that would just make it more troubling than necessary.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-07-09 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Continuing the listing bandwagon:
    3 > 2 > 4 > 1 = 5

Generation had most of my favorite pokémon, and the best terrain/environment in my opinion. I loved everything about that generation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post

-snip-

The credit theme is probably my favorite Pokémon music track ever, solely because of the mass-nostalgia it inflicts upon me. If not that one, then it's probably the Ho-Oh battle music in HG.
    HG/SS Had some amazing music, I loved what they did with Ecruteak (I mean seriously that is one of my favourite songs of the series)

Oh and a comparison of the national park theme (one the best in the series in my humble opinion)

Gotta say that I love the original more but the remix was excellent.

Deleted

This one from B/W really hit the mark for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial balance View Post
    -snip-

This one from B/W really hit the mark for me
    I see your song and raise you

:>

10+ Year Old Account
    2 > 5 > 1. Never played 3 or 4.

The only music that stood out to me was the Team Plasma battle music. Other than that, I usually just tune out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    -snip-
    Ugh, you evil sonafbitch. That was my second option if I was rebuked by another decent song. This is my last hope :<

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Changing the perspective for the 2D games would require more work than it's worth for Nintendo, having to create all Pokémon from the different angles animated and all that, just not worth it. I also like my 2D Pokémon games from that one perspective, although I do dig the camera zooming in B/W. That's probably just me though, to me some things should just stay the same. No need to go to another console when this works perfectly fine, that would just make it more troubling than necessary.
    The DS is last-gen, it's outdated hardware. Sorry, but it's time for Game Freak to move on.

And while we're posting music:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    The DS is last-gen, it's outdated hardware. Sorry, but it's time for Game Freak to move on.

And while we're posting music: -snippity-
    I love that song, I have most of the remixes from that pokecorp (whatever they call themselves now on YT).

EDIT: Derping hard, Poke remix company now.

I always loved Red's theme. Favorite piece from the entire series (Not including movie musical scores).
    Original:

This remix was amazing. The percussion in this tugs at the percussionist in me, and I'm talking to my music teacher about doing something like this for the winter concert:

My two favorite movie music pieces are:
    1: Lugia's Song, from the movie Pokemon: The Movie 2000. The beginning just tugs at my heart strings (I believe it is either a flute or ocarina).

2. Oracion, from the movie Pokemon: The Rise of Daarkrai. Darkrai is one of my favorite pokemon, the movie wasn't all that bad (imo), and his theme was pretty cool, but this piece from the movie stood out to me:

The composer of both these pieces, Shinji Miyazaki, is the composer of most of the movies' pieces, and a lot are really beautiful, not something you'd expect from movies aimed at 8-12 year olds.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I like the Pokemon from the first two generations the best, the game has certainly gotten better from a mechanics stand point. A lot more complex and fun too. Fire Red and Soul Silver (which aren't really considered Generation 1 & 2) are probably my favorite solely because they are reboots with updated mechanics of the old games.

I think it's completely fair for someone to say that the first Generation is the best, but to say that everything else is garbage is complete rubbish. It's really easy to say that they lost some creativity making new pokemon, but it's pretty obvious even in the first generation that there was little thought in some of the Pokemon designs. What I am trying to say is it's pretty easy to generalize almost any pokemon, even from Gen 1. Ditto was a blob, Magneton was three Magnemites (not even a generalization) and Dugtrio was three Diglets (again, not a generalization).

I still like the battle music from the first generation more than any of the other ones though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Moar music!

Versions for me go 2>5>1>4>3

G/S/HG/SS wins because Feraligatr.
    Black/White is the best overall game and the most fun.
    Red/Blue/FR/LG because it holds up even today.
    Diamond/Pearl because Team Galactic had good music and the champion battle was fun (Platinum was better).
    R/S/E have the best pokemon IMO, but the villains are boring.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-07-10 at 12:41 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I really want to play Colosseum. I'm so sad I lost all of my Gamecube games. Wes is my second favorite trainer, after Red.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post

-snipsnipsnip-
    I played that less than a month ago. His running movement is so funny, as is his little disco pose.

*cough* MOAR MUSIC

I have never enjoyed a console pokemon game. I feel like they have all missed the point in increasingly silly ways. Exception to Snap which is their best spinoff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I have never enjoyed a console pokemon game. I feel like they have all missed the point in increasingly silly ways. Exception to Snap which is their best spinoff.
    Oh don't get me wrong. You are 100% right in saying they missed the point. I mean Jesus you can't even catch a Pokemon (unless it is somebody else owns it already)
    In Coliseum and there is one gym. I still have nightmares about Pokechannel and what I had to go through to get Jirachi as a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Coliseum was great fun, but my disc is ruined. Brother is trying to rent XD though; figured I'd try it out, even if the player is a bit...underwhelming.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I liked Stadium/Stadium 2, and Colosseum, the story mode was a lot of fun, I do wish it was more traditional Pokemon, but it was as close as we've had to an actual 3D Pokemon game. I haven't played anything after those. (Stadium wise)

I have Pokemon Rumble Blast, which isn't so bad, it's a good time killer. Pokemonsnap was genius. I had Pokemon Puzzle League, which was oddly addicting, and Pokemon Pinball too I only ever got to rent it, but it was loads of fun. One I remember being incredibly frustrated with, Hey You Pikachu, fucking mic didn't work very well, so you'd be screaming at this Pikachu to do shit, and he wouldn't respond. "PICK UP THE ACORN YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!" ... "Pikaaaa???"