Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    See, on Showdown SwordDance + Kings'shield set (StanceDance) is seen as one of the worst set by top players. And it's not the first move, it's the set that counts, you just lost one 'mon because you can't possibly know his set before he killed this one 'mon.

There are a lot more arguments in the suspect thread.
    Then why not talk about banning Charizard? With it's 2 mega forms, it is just as effective at killing a mon because you don't know which it ill be, if not better at it, than Aeigislash.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Then why not talk about banning Charizard? With it's 2 mega forms, it is just as effective at killing a mon because you don't know which it ill be, if not better at it, than Aeigislash.
    I imagine Charizard will be looked at soon. A lot of the reasons for banning Aegislash and even Mega Lucario hold for Charizard as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

More suspects are coming, after Mega-mawile there's a lot of chance that Char X (i don't think Y needs ban), Thundurus-I and maybe more will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I imagine Charizard will be looked at soon. A lot of the reasons for banning Aegislash and even Mega Lucario hold for Charizard as well.
    The difference is, Aeigislash does not do both set AS effectively. Sure, it can run special moves, but Shadow Ball and Hidden Power are much easier to deal with than a what Charizard or Lucario could surprise you with.

- - - Updated - - -

Side note: maybe it has been a while, but I never had an issue with Mega Mawille. My Gliscor always seemed to counter it fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    So, it's not official, but from people who have access to the voting thread, Aegislash is ban from OU. And next week suspect for Mega Mawile start.
    Interesting...i had no problem pwning it with mega charizard in pvp.
    2 fire rushes = dead.

Also i breeded milotic preevolved to a best nature....pain in ass.
    I got 2 so if anyone wants one let me know. (we need to trade to evolve)
    I got scales so its no problem. If anyone wants a free one let me know in pm. (and also ask for a name you want)
    Last edited by Yunru; 2014-07-31 at 10:03 PM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

off to the theater. will tell everyone how awesome it was when i get back
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    off to the theater. will tell everyone how awesome it was when i get back
    hope It isn't going to be a flop

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    hope It isn't going to be a flop
    Heard nothing but good things about it, I leave in a few hours to see it myself

Nothing more fun than beating down full uber teams in free battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Question:

Why is MegaXard considered more dangerous than CharYzard? I was under the impression that the Y mega was stronger because of Drought?

I understand the ban to ubers of both stones because it's unpredictable, but why one stone over the other - specifically, what I thought was the weaker one, X?
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Question:

Why is MegaXard considered more dangerous than CharYzard? I was under the impression that the Y mega was stronger because of Drought?

I understand the ban to ubers of both stones because it's unpredictable, but why one stone over the other - specifically, what I thought was the weaker one, X?
    I believe it's because of the typing and that it can boost, Y can't and is frailer. People more often than not expect a Y because it's more straight forward, so they might missjudge and give the opening to boost, but what do I know...

T7DG-WWWW-WWW8-SX8J
    I need to show this one off... Zoroark was lucky though. STILL. Trick. <3<3<3
    Last edited by Halyon; 2014-08-01 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I believe it's because of the typing and that it can boost, Y can't and is frailer. People more often that not expect a Y because it's more straight forward, so they might missjudge and give the opening to boost, but what do I know...

T7DG-WWWW-WWW8-SX8J
    I need to show this one off... Zoroark was lucky though. STILL. Trick. <3<3<3
    Pretty much this. As powerful as Y is, it has no way of boosting, and is quite easily outspeed by pokemon in the higher speed tiers. Apart from that, X Dragon/Fire typing is pretty damn great allowing it to hit everything for neutral damage with stab.

that was the greatest movie i have ever seen in my life O_O

"You said it yourself bitch, were the guardians of the galaxy"

"nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are to quick"

"dance off you and me pal"

"aint nothin like me cept me"

it was glorious O_O

- - - Updated - - -

the dialog was perfect, had the perfect mix of comedy and seriousness it knew exactly when to put in the laughs and exactly when to heat up the drama and action, the soundtrack was phenomonal and fit perfectly with the scenes, the acting was all perfect.

the characterization and the chemistry was perfectly executed, the scenery and 3d digital effects were amazing none of that gheto "ahh heres summin comin at yoo gimmie 5 dollaz"

the ending was amazing, there was some sentimental stuff near the end and it was great didnt feel tacked on at all.

the end credit scene was seriously surprising and turns out it did leak somehow afterall. i have a hard time believing they will make a movie about that character but hey were getting an ant man and doctor strange movie and another gotg sequel so who am i to cast doubt. although i think he would work better if put in with someone else since i dont think he could sell a whole movie.

not gonna say who it was here but if you read spoilers you probably know and if you dont you can pm me and ill tell you.

only thing i was surprised of was nova not showing up since it felt weird he didnt show up at a certain part of the movie but it was still perfect.

10 out of 10, best marvel movie of all time. best space western of all time.

jj abrams? take some fuckin notes.

also thanos? thanos was perfect. some real long game stuff in this movie anyone who knows whats coming in avengers 3 will be very pleased the ground work for that arc was seriously built up in that movie.

you know im not the type to rewatch movies and shows. more of a one and done except maybe once every couple years. but i think im gonna go see this one again, definitely gonna buy the bluray/dvd.

i normally dont feel movies are worth the high price for a few hours. but this one was worth it.

was even better than i thought it was gonna be.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Third ragequit today, this time over Gliscor, last 2 was Skarmory... What is it with people and not liking to think a little...

Also, glad you liked the movie, haven't seen it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    X Dragon/Fire typing is pretty damn great allowing it to hit everything for neutral damage with stab.
    Azumaril says hi . But it is indeed some insane coverage.

Can someone explain why people play Mewtwo X as special sweeper... .___.

Why haven't I used Reuniclus more. /Megusta
    Last edited by Halyon; 2014-08-01 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm wtf...some guy on gts traded me female shiny Calm lvl 100 milotic for a crappy nature one.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Hm wtf...some guy on gts traded me female shiny Calm lvl 100 milotic for a crappy nature one.
    i do that from time to time :P, but i do mines like my shiny blastoise for a bidof or something
    Last edited by Rylee; 2014-08-01 at 08:30 AM.

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?! D': A special Mega Garchomp, a physical Hydreigon, a special Mewtwo X, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU JAPAN?!

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS?! D': A special Mega Garchomp, a physical Hydreigon, a special Mewtwo X, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU JAPAN?!
    some people are just crazy.