Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Well, I am really torn as to what I will do for 6th gen. One plan is to give 6 flawless of my bred and favourite pokes @lvl10 on my X version from my BW2 and RP as a trainer who has come from another region. I've done that before, it's super fun. Then, it's a new gen and I can't forget the blast I had when I played my Gen4 from scratch (no flawless and had no idea of what that was anyway back then). I then remember my gen5 playthrough: while I did enjoy it, I wasn't catching pokemon for trying to complete my pokedex, because I was feeling that my "main" was my Diamond, and thus the experience was more of a rush.

So, now I am like: "Do it from scratch, at least including the Elite Four" or "Give 6 favourite pokemon and explore the new region etc".

Why do so many people believe they can transfer Pokemon from B2/W2 from the beginning?They never allowed that.

i try to look as little as possible until launch day, thats when i decide which team i want to use.

if you dont you might end up halfway through the game with a full team see a really awesome pokemon and say "well.... i done goofed"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i try to look as little as possible until launch day, thats when i decide which team i want to use.

if you dont you might end up halfway through the game with a full team see a really awesome pokemon and say "well.... i done goofed"
    That's the same way I will do it.

But If I find an awesome Pokemon while I have a full team, then I might change some members. That's what I did in my B2 playthrough too.

With Black & White I looked over the Pokémon roster 3 times or so, saw the ones I thought were cool, and then let it at that until I got the game. Because I couldn't remember all the Pokémon I was in for quite some surprises, and it made for a better experience. Though I'm probably not gonna pull that stunt again, I wasn't very hyped for Black & White with the letdown that was Diamond & Pearl, this time around I'll probably try to organize a team beforehand, I don't think it takes that much away.

10+ Year Old Account

I'll do what I've done every gen so far and be completely oblivious to stats and such. I know more about this gen than I have any previous one(didn't follow much about Gen 5 and Gen 4 came out before I spent a lot of time on the webs).

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Having Special Attack and Special Defense all in one stat helped a lot. It meant that you had to look at two stats for the vast majority of pokemon, but only one for the special-based ones.
    Looking back, the most ridiculous was Speed affecting Critical rate. IIRC, Electrode had something like a base 30% chance to crit on each attack.

Well, I am really torn as to what I will do for 6th gen. One plan is to give 6 flawless of my bred and favourite pokes @lvl10 on my X version from my BW2
    I seriously doubt they're going to allow trades from previous generations. In every game since at least Gen 4 you've needed to complete the game prior to "migrating" from non-current games.

Im praying they go back to the Gen 4 model of trading between X and Y being available 5-10 minutes into playing the game. Having to go through everything and get that first damn badge in BW2 drives me crazy.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-05-28 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I'll do what I've done every gen so far and be completely oblivious to stats and such. I know more about this gen than I have any previous one(didn't follow much about Gen 5 and Gen 4 came out before I spent a lot of time on the webs).
    oh i dont care about stats either purely looks.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I seriously doubt they're going to allow trades from previous generations. In every game since at least Gen 4 you've needed to complete the game prior to "migrating" from non-current games.

Im praying they go back to the Gen 4 model of trading between X and Y being available 5-10 minutes into playing the game. Having to go through everything and get that first damn badge in BW2 drives me crazy.
    I really hope they do though. It's awesome. No hard feelings it it won't happen though.

Deleted
    I really hope they do though. It's awesome. No hard feelings it it won't happen though.
    Why exactöy do you think it'll happen? It never happened before. Irt won't happen this time.

the only way they will do it is if they do it like celebi and have it so you send over a certain pokemon to activate an event like celebi activated the zoroark event

Who else as a Child had the mentality that like Pikachu in the Anime, your starter Pokemon no matter which one you chose would always be the strongest Pokemon you could actually get in the game.

Ahh yes, the joys of playing Pokemon Blue as an 8 year old, and pretty much only having 3 Pokemon in my Party all the way up until Sabrinas Gym, at which point my Charizard was already 10-20 lvls higher than the intended level range. mostly due to using ONLY him in every.. single.. battle..

Being much older and wiser nowadays, I just finished my first playthrough of White version 2 a week ago and my starter (Oshawott) had only just passed evolving into a Dewott. I believe he was lvl 21 at completion.

Heres hoping to Fennekin being a good Starter/having good looking evolutions. Hasn't been a good Starter group since Johto.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Who else as a Child had the mentality that like Pikachu in the Anime, your starter Pokemon no matter which one you chose would always be the strongest Pokemon you could actually get in the game.
    Me for the first 4 generatiobns. Gen 5 starters are bad though. Samurott ended up being a HM Slave, and Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus was my MVP.

Deleted
    B/W were the first Pokemon games i had played since silver on the gbc and so there was a lot of new stuff for me however i did not like the fact it was only new Pokemon because i wanted a retro team.

Any way i decided not to look up what Pokemon there are like i did in silver and saw a Sandile caught it and was so happy it evolved 2 times. I did the same thing in silver with a Dunsparce think wow that thing looks really lame i bet it evolves into a pro dragon or somthing.....

25 levels later screw this thing it was like leveling a magikarp.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Me for the first 4 generatiobns. Gen 5 starters are bad though. Samurott ended up being a HM Slave, and Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus was my MVP.
    Haha yeah, My Haxorus was my MVP, I caught an Axew and EV trained it straight away, and he ended up being my first lvl 100 (he was lvl 72 by the E4), the next closest was my Lvl 77 (lvl 54 at E4) EV trained Tyranitar.

They pretty much 2-manned(pokemoned) the entire game, so the rest of my team were around lvl 40-45 from EXP shares once I hit the post-E4 game.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Haha yeah, My Haxorus was my MVP, I caught an Axew and EV trained it straight away, and he ended up being my first lvl 100 (he was lvl 72 by the E4), the next closest was my Lvl 77 (lvl 54 at E4) EV trained Tyranitar.
    I never EV Train for normal playthroughs. It tgakes away literally all the fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Do we have any Nicolas Cage fans here?
    I've always hated that song, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I've always hated that song, lol.
    i loved all those old songs, now they never make music for the show except the main theme

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 04:09 AM ----------

the digi rap is cooler though

The digi-rap hurts my digi-soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    The digi-rap hurts my digi-soul.
    In germany we never got the Digi-Rap. Thank Arceus for that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    i loved all those old songs, now they never make music for the show except the main theme

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 04:09 AM ----------

Holy crap, that digi-rap just killed my brain O.o

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann